Anime movies

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

It's like (noble) old german or something.
"Now resting here as a legend" Don't know how to translate "eigenst" to english, there is no real word for it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well got it almost right :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, it means:

so and so, creator of legends, now rests here as a legend herself.

Necro es könnte genauso "ruht nun hier selbst als Legende" sein, anstatt dem "eigenst".

Wenn ich nicht echt zu faul wäre würde ich dir ja nochmal ein paar Beispiele für die Seite raussuchen, es gibt ja genug :). Naja, mal sehen, wenn ich mal zu viel Zeit hab....
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah more stuff to translate.

Na ja "selbst" ist es nicht wirklich. "Eigenst" hat eine besondere Bedeutung für die ich nur kein Wort finde (selbst kein deutsches Synonym). Muss mal Duden suchen.

Rename the topic to "read and translate the germans talk". ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hehe, and to get back ontopic here, what´s this Hunter X Hunter musical thats come out?

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Necromancer wrote: Na ja "selbst" ist es nicht wirklich. "Eigenst" hat eine besondere Bedeutung für die ich nur kein Wort finde (selbst kein deutsches Synonym).
Naja, in dem Kontext ist es schon fast das gleiche wie selbst. Alles andere wäre nur Haarspalterei. "Eigenst" wäre so was ähnliches wie "höchstselbst".

So, back on topic, err... I don't have anything to say. :(
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Brain have you seen Steamboy?

I was so close buying the dvd today.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Nope, what is it about?
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've been told while the animation is freaking awesome, the story lacks substance and direction. I haven't watched it yet to give an opinion though, I've been meaning to borrow it from a friend, but I always forget to ask or see him around. Might as well make arrangements to meet.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I liked the Akira movie even though it wasnt half as good as people made it out to be. But i wanna see this movie anyway.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Skullkracker wrote:Damn right, that was an awesome movie!

Final flight of the Osiris is incredibly well made...it looks much like FFAC
Well Final Flight of the Osiris was made by the same team that made Spirits Within (almost positive) .... and i'm sure many of the people that worked on Spirits, worked on FFVII AC.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The animators, maybe, but the script writers from Spirits sucked, while AC had a tight, albeit action focused script.

What is this final flight of Osiris thing?
Brainpiercing
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Brainpiercing wrote:The animators, maybe, but the script writers from Spirits sucked, while AC had a tight, albeit action focused script.

What is this final flight of Osiris thing?
Yea, i meant the animators. Though, to be fair, the script for FF: The Spirits Within didn't totally suck in and of itself. It's just that they failed to make it have anything to do with Final Fantasy. If it were simply called 'Spirits Within' and had nothing to do with the Final Fantasy name .... I think more people would have enjoyed it since they wouldn't have expected the movie to be about armed martial arts fights, magic and be set in a medieval-ish type world.

Final Flight of the Osiris is part of the Animatrix series. It was pretty much the focal point of that short series (well that and The Second Renaissance). If you remember the story of the Matrix, there was this ship that sent out a message inside the Matrix about the machines gathering for an attack. The movie never shows the ship, it's people and exactly what they saw since they all die in order to send the message. So Final Flight of the Osiris shows the details of their story. It's a very good little side story.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The FF of Osiris is so overrated people made it to be like it was soooo great but actually it was at best decent speciely compared to other CG movies like FF:AC etc.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Libaax wrote:The FF of Osiris is so overrated people made it to be like it was soooo great but actually it was at best decent speciely compared to other CG movies like FF:AC etc.
Yes, let us compare it to future movies, when it was just a short story and they did a good job telling that story. What else did you want from them? Did ya want a bunch of pointless fight scenes thrown in there?

Oh noes!1!!! 3000 Mr. Smiths are after us!!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I meant how it looked people talked about like it was so good looking. Even Evil Spirits who is older looks as good or better.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Libaax wrote:I meant how it looked people talked about like it was so good looking. Even Evil Spirits who is older looks as good or better.
It has been a while since i last saw it so i can't really comment on the graphics in any sort of certainty. They were good, it may not have been the best but it was at least pretty damn close to the best at the time. Lets leave it at that.
Fullmetal one
imanewbie

Post by Fullmetal one »

I like Fist of the North Star it is good anime old but good and ninja scroll isn't bad! I like good fight and ffVII is the best anime ever! Only problem is thet you have to play the game to understand it!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Fullmetal one wrote:I like Fist of the North Star it is good anime old but good and ninja scroll isn't bad! I like good fight and ffVII is the best anime ever! Only problem is thet you have to play the game to understand it!
I´ve played the game, still didnt like the movie.
Edit: Ohh and welcome to mindwerks :D

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Loeviz wrote:
Fullmetal one wrote:I like Fist of the North Star it is good anime old but good and ninja scroll isn't bad! I like good fight and ffVII is the best anime ever! Only problem is thet you have to play the game to understand it!
I´ve played the game, still didnt like the movie.
Edit: Ohh and welcome to mindwerks :D
I hate you .. jk. But i guess i don't see why you flat out hate AC.

Anyway, Fist of the North Star is a pretty bad movie. The American movie was pretty bad also, from what i remember. Can't comment on the old series since i havent seen it.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

BasouKazuma wrote: Anyway, Fist of the North Star is a pretty bad movie. The American movie was pretty bad also, from what i remember. Can't comment on the old series since i havent seen it.

You shut your filthy mouth! FotNS movie was teh awesome!1!ONE!!1! I remember the first time I saw it. A few years ago, me and Ayanami were hanging out in his basement, and I started looking though some of the old stuff his family discarded in the basement, and I saw a VHS with "Fist of the North Star" on it. I showed it to him and he flipped. I guess they thought they had lost it years ago. We watched it that night. Honestly, it isn't nearly as good as, say, Ninja Scroll, but it's kind of unfair to compare them since FotNS was made almost 10 years earlier.

*EDIT* - Speakings of Ninja Scroll, I was looking at the Wiki-Pedia page on it, and I guess a sequel is in production and was slated for release in 2005. Any word on it? And how about the series that was made, anybody seen it and have thoughts on it?
Last edited by Tempest on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I could live with the boring story more if 50% of the movie weren't showing guys making funny sounds at each other.

Honestly the voice acting in that movie (while not inherently bad) is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.
Brainpiercing
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Brainpiercing wrote:I could live with the boring story more if 50% of the movie weren't showing guys making funny sounds at each other.
LOL, that is true, and is the reason I stopped watching Dragon Ball Z. A lot of them episodes just became guys screaming at each other. I remember my mom telling me that one time while she walked by me watching it on TV "Why do you like that show so much? It's just a bunch of guys screaming and yelling." I was like "No it's not, watch." And then the rest of the episode was them screaming.....

But what we are all forgetting is, that FotNS might have 50% of the movie making funny sounds, but it has 99% of the movie exploding heads :thumb:

:twisted: omae wa mou shindeiru :twisted:
ImageImage
Fullmetal one
imanewbie

Post by Fullmetal one »

You are all right! But Fist of the North Star was made in 1984-1987 so it is quate old anime! And Tempest has a good point there about exploding heads!
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

dbz flashback:

"im going to send u to the next dimension!"

ahh, the Toonami dubbing...sickening.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."