Anime movies

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The Cowboy Bebop series and the movie are both great and I highly recommend them.

I didn't care for the RahXephon movie, it was basically the entire series cut down and crammed into 2 hours. So I think watching it without seeing the series would be confusing, but if you have seen the series then there is nothing new in the movie.

And how dare you guys compare Spirited Away and Princess Monoke to Disney movies. You guys should be shot. Miyazaki is a god. All of his movies are great, eventough they are meant for kids, everyone can enjoy them. I recommend all of his movies(except Pom Poko...magic testicles...).
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

By "you guys", you are obviously not referring to me. That's good.

As for movies made from anime series, they usually aren't that great. However, stand-alone anime movies can be very good. I still prefer series though.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I prefer series. Allows for much more story depth. Also like one season series that are designed to be one season. Like Cowboy Bebop etc. I like both Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Both were awsome. Princess Mononoke is realy a Disney feel. Spirited Away feels like a Disney movie in the sense it seem childish and such, but still a great movie, better than anything Disney could ever do on there own.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Disney fucking sucks. They just take other people's shit and butcher it. What rare barely original shit they do have, also blows ass!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Agree. But they are the ones who import and translate Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, which actually prevented me from watching either of them for a long time. Someone finally had to talk me into it. Glad he did.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starnum wrote:Disney fucking sucks. They just take other people's shit and butcher it. What rare barely original shit they do have, also blows ass!
Yes and they make millions of dollars like that. Nightmare before christmas,
Toy story, aladin, and the one's with the mice that saved children(can't spell) they are my favs.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

A hem. Disney helped make Kingdom Hearts. And lets not forget the lion king.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

yeah the lion king was kinda stolen from kimba the white lion just like aladin and arabian nights(i think that's it). Do i care? not really i still love the movies.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Buzkashi wrote:A hem. Disney helped make Kingdom Hearts. And lets not forget the lion king.
Kingdom Hearts kicked ass. No denying that. Lion king I did not care for. I reallly only like classic Disney. Pixar stuff can be good too, but sometimes not so much so. Kingdom Hearts was great though.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Malvado wrote:Yes and they make millions of dollars like that.
So, is that supposed to justify it, or make them “good”, or something? You know, because, uh, it doesn’t.

Nah, Kingdom Hearts was okay, but just barely. The only cool thing about it was Sephiroth, and they had Lance Bass do his voice! That is so gay. No wait, I take that back, Cloud was cool too.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I have been wanting to see Howl's Moving Castle.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I have it on my pc! Its great!
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Starnum wrote:
Malvado wrote:Yes and they make millions of dollars like that.
So, is that supposed to justify it, or make them “good”, or something? You know, because, uh, it doesn’t.

Nah, Kingdom Hearts was okay, but just barely. The only cool thing about it was Sephiroth, and they had Lance Bass do his voice! That is so gay. No wait, I take that back, Cloud was cool too.
Who cares if Lance Bass does his voice, hes not main char. More like a side quest and he barely even talks.....
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Damn my thread turned into a bashing disney thread:P
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Gaiseric: I've been on the watch for Howl Moving Castle for some time now. So far I've only found crappy screeners of this movie. Do you have a better quality?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

There is an anime convention in my town i april and we will get to see the Naruto movie and Howl moving castle. Looking forward to it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:Who cares if Lance Bass does his voice, hes not main char. More like a side quest and he barely even talks.....
I care, and I may be the only one. That's fine too, but it still pisses me off. It's just the principle of it *shrugs*.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Trog wrote:Gaiseric: I've been on the watch for Howl Moving Castle for some time now. So far I've only found crappy screeners of this movie. Do you have a better quality?
No, I have a screener too, but its a really good looking screener. The voices have that theater echo and when things move, they sort of skip around. It was kind of annoying at first, but once I got into the movie, I didn't notice.

I heard it will come to theaters in the US at the end of the month(when three other Ghibli films get released on dvd) or this summer. I think the summer release is more likely. Whenever it comes, I will go see it.
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Buzkashi wrote:I've never seen the cowboy bebpp series, have i been missing out? W
yeah, it's very good. Behind Berserk, my favorite anime series. Some episodes are just too gorgeous. The episodes don't relate into one huge story arc though. It's very episodic. And the best of the episodes are just amazing. Ballad of the Fallen Angels, Toys in the Attic, Jupiter Jazz pt I and II, Speak Like a Child, Mushroom Samba, Pierrot Le Fou, Hard Luck Woman, Real Folk Blues part I and II.. To sum it up, fantastic series
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Are you ready for this? The Naruto movie has finally a confirmed release date to be out on VHS and DVD, and it is now listed for sale on the Sony Music Japan website! The movie which was a big hit in Japan this past summer entitled: Daikatugeki!! Yukihime Ninpoujyou Dattebayo - will be released on April 28th, 2005 for the price of ¥4935 or $47 USD (yikes)! This is great news of course so we all have something to look forward to in late April or early May online, besides my birthday of course. Once this movie is out more details on the follow up movie coming out this summer have been promised by TV Tokyo. Have a great rest of the day.

I too will see this if it comes to us theaters cause its worth it..

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

If you're into big-robots but with a detective story I'd recommend the Patlabor movies. They are slow, with only bits of action, but they are better than the OVA i've also seen. Only the third movie is a bit weird.

Oh, and an absolute classic that everyone should watch is Wings of Honnaemise. Unfortunately though i've heard the DVD has really bad quality, I watched a VHS copy of that earlier.

*Edit*:Got another one to recommend: Jin Roh, The Wolf Brigade. It's a very dark and depressing story, but told very well, and superb animation.*/Edit*
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Don't know if this has been talked about before, but I've just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent children. The cgi animation absolutely rocks, and even though I don't know any of the characters it's a very enjoyable movie. Lots of action, and I guess for those people who understand them there are some character scenes as well.

If you haven't watched this yet, DO.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Where did you find Advent Children??

Steamboy is a pretty good flick from the people who brought you Akria

Also the Ninja Scroll Series isnt to bad either, but I didnt like the ending. so watch it and judge for your self.

Please direct me to FFVII:AC I beg of you!!!
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks Libaax :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: