Anime movies

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Anime movies

Post by Libaax »

I recently watched Appleseed and Vampire Hunter D and i liked them so much that im wondering if you guys can recomend similer movies or other must see anime movies.

If you know a site to download the movies from would also be great.

Edit:
These movies have i seen

Appleseed(2004)
Vampire Hunter D(2001)
The first Ghost in The Shell
Ninja Scroll
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on heavens door
Akira
Last edited by Libaax on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell are classics!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Should have written that those two movies + Cowboy Bebob the movie are the only movies i have seen.

But keep them coming.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Have you seen Ghost in the Shell 2? Oh, and of course there's Vampire Hunter D 2: Blood Lust. Also, Akira, that's another classic.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

No not yet cause it comes out in the cinema in a couple of months.

I havent heard anything about Bloodlust 2 is it new?
Where did you read about it?
Or do you mean the old one from 1984?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:No not yet cause it comes out in the cinema in a couple of months.

I havent heard anything about Bloodlust 2 is it new?
Where did you read about it?
Or do you mean the old one from 1984?
Bloodlust is a new movie... though i do think it came out like 2 years back... there is that RaXhephon movie, though i havent finished the series yet. Isn't Appleseed coming out to the movies sometime soon?

As for GITS2, it was already in theaters, and now on DVD. It's something that ever should pick up, anime that makes you think, don't find those very often.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Bloodlust is from 2001 thats why im was suprised to hear about a bloodlust 2.

Here in sweden we get most asian movies a long time after thats why GITS 2 comes out here in september.

Appleseed has been out in the cinemas a while i think but it will never here so i just downloaded it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:Bloodlust is from 2001 thats why im was suprised to hear about a bloodlust 2.

Here in sweden we get most asian movies a long time after thats why GITS 2 comes out here in september.

Appleseed has been out in the cinemas a while i think but it will never here so i just downloaded it.
Hah, i was trying to guess what country you were from (i guessed germany), but your location on your profile is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, I said Vampire Hunter D 2…not Blood Lust 2. Blood Lust is the sequel to the original Vampire Hunter D. Sounds like you’ve already seen Blood Lust though, so that’s cool.

You’re from Sweden eh?

Did I already know that?

Opeth rules!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Armitage III is not bad. It is not the third in a series. That is just the titlle. Also Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are pretty good, especially if you don't mind the fact they feel like a Disney movie. They are Japanese though, and both very good. Also might want to see Perfect Blue. Its not at all a typical anime though. It is strait up a psychological thriller. Almost like something you would see come from Alfred Hitchcock.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, those are good suggestions too.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

What about Spriggan? i thought that movie was pretty tight. There was also that Escaflowne movie. Rahxephon also has a movie (though i havent seen it yet).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah i live in sweden, i was born i africas horn aka Somalia.

Yeah i saw bloodlust,its pretty cool film,D is awsome.

Perfect Blue i have wanted to see along time now, i must see it soon.

I couldnt stan Spirited Away cause it felt like disney nut i saw mononoke recently and liked it.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

I can't get GITS Innocence off my mind!
seen the first; liked it. Seed the seconed; adored it :roll:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I've never seen the cowboy bebpp series, have i been missing out? W
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

One of the best animes ever so you have really missed something great. Check out the movie to.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I mean i have seen a episode here and there on cartoon network but thats about my limit. *sigh* I guess ill have to dl it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I liked the escaflowne movie. It was much more darker and barbarian like then the series. Even escaflowne seems mean(it sucks your blood for energy).

Oh and even if you hate it, if you like watching people get chopped up.....you love the first 10 mins.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

yea i watched the series and then the movie came out so basiclly I was like. :mrgreen:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi: you better get the DVD of cowboy bebop. You'll love every second of it.

As for the escaflowne movie, i have like 3 copies of the DVD laying around in my house somewhere. ( i got them at anime expo, and i never bought them lol got them for free)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Buzkashi, I would also not recommending you read the "How to spoil the ending..." thread since that was the main series we talked about in it. Just a bit of advice.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I highly recommend the Lupin the Third movies. Castle of Cagliostro is highly recommended as the first Lupin movie you should see.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Hrmmm I always like watching the older episdoes of dragon Ball and the earlyer episodes of DBZ. And lets not forget ronin warriors.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually, I'd only give Cowboy Bebop an "8", but some people like it more. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want too. I tried to watch it one night, because my friend brought it over. Unfortunately my Playstation was being an obstinate senile old bastard. *Glares at this PS*
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

The movie is just like an episode that is 3 times as long. Nothing big or special. Just one long epsiode. But a really good epsisode.