And there was much rejoicing!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

And there was much rejoicing!!

Post by Buzkashi »

Well its out in IRC now. Damn its said 3 min till its out. So i kept joining and rejoining till it said its out now. But i got banned... :(
Last edited by Buzkashi on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Re: CH 250!

Post by Evanidus »

Was out simultaneously on BT as usual too

http://evanidus.ath.cx:7420/torrents/%5 ... ar.torrent

No directs yet
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

heh .. just like in the dead poets society. Just couldnt speak up to her father...tisk tisk tisk.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

So this arc is gonna be about saving farnase and geting/stealing a ship.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Use bittorrent, and leave the torrent program running all night to help others get their fix. :D Thanks -- the management
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I just finished the download, and I'm seeding it right now.
Thanks to all the people who helped in bringing this new chapter to the masses.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

psi29a wrote:Use bittorrent, and leave the torrent program running all night to help others get their fix. :D Thanks -- the management
heh.. not like there's much worries on that

Unlike anime, small manga torrents start off real easy (it already got a horde of seeds now)

;)

I'd actually prefer if people would seed others
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Isn’t her name, Farnese Vermillion?
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

and there was much rejoicing? for what?

ch250? eh, well i guess ill rejoice that berserk is progressing again, and perhaps itll get closer to the time they will fight :D
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

dos.azn wrote:and there was much rejoicing? for what?

ch250? eh, well i guess ill rejoice that berserk is progressing again, and perhaps itll get closer to the time they will fight :D
heh, next chapter is supposed to be for feb11
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Miura really has calmed down in his older age. Making talks about apples and family the plot of Berserk. *sigh* I'm very grateful to all those who are seeding and who translated this. I'm trying to do my part too with the seeding, though there are tons of em. Great speeds.

Still, these chapters really aren't moving to people's interests too much. Simply going from ghosts, to meeting people who leave the next chapter, to boats. It's decent stuff but with releases so far and few between, you want the story to skip some of the extra unecessary stuff like a fight with pirates spanning 2 or 3 chapters. But it's such an amazing story I'll be back for more. I'm just worried cause now we're halted again with Farnese's father holding her captive because she has no backbone to actually speak or explain. And I'm sure this will last for a few chapters and then they will be on boats for chapters. I just wish they'd reach Elfhelm soon.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I can't see her being held captive. She has serpico, he'll cut his way through quite a lot of people before being held captive, although he may choose not to do so.

Well, and of course this is about Farnese coming to grips with all her past, I'm guessing next chapter she'll manage to talk back to her father.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Starnum wrote:Isn’t her name, Farnese Vermillion?
Every time I recall the family being mentioned, it was translated as Vendemion.
Deserve victory.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but I've also seen it translated Vermillion. I guess we won't really know till the official spelling is released. Oh well, no big deal. As for Serpico cutting his way out. It's totally possible, but for some reason I don't see that happening. Then again, maybe he doesn't feel bound to such ties anymore. I sure hope not, because them being help captive would be gay; especially if Serpico didn't do anything about it. Yeah, I have to admit, I'm ready to see the plot of Berserk really pick up again, but I'm just trying to take it in stride for now. Surely Miura has something super badass planed for us in the future. The bastard is just toying with us for now. :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Even though Serpico does not really care for Guts that much, I am pretty sure he will still do whatever he thinks will make Farnese the happiest, and so far that seems to be following Guts. So I would think he would help her get out, but I don't think he will want to hack and slash his way out, especially since he has never been the biggest fan of excessive violence.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thank you, Thank you, thank you for the release...

"Goes off to read"...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

True. He'd probably use some skillful tactic to get them out of there, heh.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah. But I have a feeling Farnese will stick up for herself, cause unlike Eva Berserk has character development.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well yeah, I think she will too. That won't make her father any less hard headed though. ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, there is a possibility that Serpico will have to reveal himself to Farnese, too, if they have to deal with their father. He is, after all, her half-brother.

This could be interesting, unfortunately it'll mean Farnese is less and less likely to get naked again :(.

:roll:
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Nah she won't mind getting naked in front of her brother. It would bring it out more. :D

Atleast thats what we can hope.
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

I just mean she's being emotionally held captive. Like, she could leave but she has no backbone or confidence in her own words. It's good character development but by this point I don't want to be stuck in another couple of chapters like this, just finishing a lot of development for Schierke.

But ah well, I'll give Miura the benefit of the doubt for all he's done with this series. :lol:
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

Would anyone please host this chapter.
Damn this network :x
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

J2 Cool wrote:But ah well, I'll give Miura the benefit of the doubt for all he's done with this series. :lol:
Exactly.

I haven't been enjoying this arc as much as the first one, even though the series is still of very high quality. But I'm sure Miura will come through, I don't think his previous stories were just pure luck.