3DVisor?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

3DVisor?

Post by newbified »

I just wanted to post this link and see what others think about it. Seems mildly interesting for the PC Game players of this forum.

http://www.3dvisor.com/

Currently it's extremely expensive (and I mean it at $899) but I find it quite interesting, and wouldn't mind seeing products like this on the market at a later date in a larger scale with more companies vying for your business.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Eventually, maybe. It's way too early in the game for this sort of thing. We don't even see something Sony Glasstron around anymore or even a blip on the horizon.

Of course, that ON hoax did promise such a thing.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Wasnt the Virtual Boy like kind of the same thing? you looked into it and played. Didnt that product cause eye damage and blindness in some people?

i dono, i thought we wanted huge screens.. would the visor or w.e they are limit what can be seen on screen at a time?
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

halfnhalf wrote:Wasnt the Virtual Boy like kind of the same thing? you looked into it and played. Didnt that product cause eye damage and blindness in some people?

i dono, i thought we wanted huge screens.. would the visor or w.e they are limit what can be seen on screen at a time?

I'd have to call bullshit on causing eye damage or blindness. I think I would remember something like that, and Google seems to agree with me for the couple hops I did (see also: Wikipedia).

The point of a visor like the Glasstron and this 3DVisor idea are that instead of having a 42" TV 10 feet away from you, it's like having a 70" TV where your eyes should be (shameless ripped from old school PA). Yes, they're 3" displays in reality... but since they're basically in your head, you see much more.

Think of when you watch a movie in the theater. You probably see 75% of the screen at a time (this is given you're seated in the middle of the theater). While you do look to from side to side from time to time, it doesn't detract from the experience.

I think if something like this hit it big, game designers would start designing for it. That was part of the problem with the Glasstron for gaming. Games have stat bars etc. on the edges of the screen because the designers assume that you in fact are playing on a normal TV. While I've never used a pair, I would imagine that it'd be highly inconvenient to keep checking stats etc. while trying to focus on the game on a screen that 'big'.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

It would be cool to use, especially for CS: Source and such, but i would be scared of damaging my eyes.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...