Spring Season.

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Spring Season.

Post by Damien »

Hmmmm

:

NANA: On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bondage as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career in Tokyo.

Air Gear: Air Gear is yet another work of "Oh Great!", other known works by him were Tenjou Tenge and Majin Devil. The story revolves around Ikki (Minami Itsuki) and the sport of air treck- sport involving self-propelled shoes. Ikki is fascinated with flying and his chance meeting with the sport changes his outlook and priorities in life. The middle school student is pushed forward to the underground world of A-T by Simca, a mysterio...

Disgaea:
Rodno Robe, a division of Geneon Entertainment Japan, announced at the 2005 Rondo Robe event that an anime based on the Disgaea PS2 game is in production. More details regarding the anime are expected to emerge at the summer Comiket.

Kiba

Zedd is a 15-year-old boy who lives in Calm. He is frustrated by his current daily life and feels that somewhere out there is a place where he can live more fully. One day, at the invitation of a mysterious wind, Zedd dives into a space-time crevasse, seeking the "answer" that might be there. Riding on the wind, he arrives in a world where warriors called "Shard Casters" fight endlessly with each other, using magical crystals called "Shards". With the power of the Shards, the Shard Casters are able to use magic and control monsters called "Spirits". Fascinated by that power, Zedd also aims to become a Shard Caster. However, he still doesn`t know that residing in his body is "Amil Gaul", a mighty Spirit with the power to influence the world`s future.

School Rumble 2nd season

Continuing right where season 1 left off: Harima still likes Tenma but still runs into obstacles everytime he tries to confess his love to her. To complicate the situation, Class 2-D challenges class 2-C once again and there's a rumor floating around that Harima and Yakumo are dating as the school prepares for the cultural festival.

Genre: Action
Start: April 2006
Director: Sunao Katabuchi (Kiki's Delivery Service, Abenobashi)
Character Design: Shino Masanori (Inuyasha, Gungrave, Urusei Yatsura)
Animation Studio: Madhouse Studios (Beck, Monster, Gungrave, Trigun)

Black Lagoon::When Okajima Rokuro visited South East Asia carrying top secret files, he was kidnapped by pirates riding in a torpedo boat, “Black Lagoon”. Although he thought he would be rescued soon, his organization actually sent mercenaries to shut his mouth.

Ray The Animation

Genre: Action, Drama
Start: April 2006
Director: Naohito Takahashi (Iria, Berserk)
Animation Studio: Oriental Light & Magic (ROD TV, Berserk, Guyver)

Series Description:
Ray grew up on a farm, one that breeds and raises people as living, breathing organ donors. As a donor herself, Ray had her eyes taken away from her, but was given the gift of sight by a stranger. Ray`s new sight, however, was far from ordinary. She was given x-ray vision. We meet Ray ten years later, now off the farm, working as a nurse and an underground medical doctor performing procedures for profit. A chance encounter with an old friend triggers Ray`s memories of her difficult childhood, which inspires her to try to find the donor farm on which she was raised.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i am looking forward to black lagoon.
but the animation looks too cartoony.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

nana is one of the most popular mangas in japan and is just coming out in america. its by ai yazawa, who also did paradise kiss and gokinjo monogatari. her other animes have not been very good, and since nana is already a live action theater movie, i was supprised to hear it is going to be an anime as well. (i think there is also a video game.)

i have only seen the official site for black lagoon (http://www.blacklagoon.jp/) but i dont think the animation looks too bad. the characters dont seem horribly obscure, but it still looks intersing. im lookinfg forward to seeing it.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Tokko

Genre: Mystery, Supernatural
Start: 4/15/2006
Director: Masashi Abe (Solty Rei, Blue Gender)
Character Design: Koji Watanabe (Bleach, El Hazard, Armitage)
Animation Studio: AIC (ROD TV, El Hazard, AMG, BGC)
Original Creator: Tohru Fujisawa (GTO)

Notable Seiyuu(s):
Fumiko Orikasa (Sakura) - Rukia (Bleach), Seras (Hellsing), Ciel (Tsukihime)
Kenichi Suzumura (Ranmaru) - Junpei (Ichigo 100%), Shin (Macross Zero), Shiki (Tsukihime)

Series Description:
Shindo lives with his younger sister since they moved from Machida years ago. Recently, he graduated from cadet to the The Special Mobile Investigation Force to avenge his parents death. He has also been having recurring dreams of a girl for some time, but they are growing more frequent. She seems to be covered in blood holding a giant sword. Later that day, he sees her, wearing a police uniform. She is a member of Section 2, Special Public Safety Task Force, or Tokko for short. There are many rumors about Tokko, one of which is that they use swords to execute criminals. There are even rumors that they aren't even human.

Shindou has just become a new investigator for Tokki: The Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he finally sees the half-naked girl that he had seen in his dreams in real life and finds out that she's part of Tokko: The Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents' death whose bodies had been ripped to pieces...

Official Website:
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/tokko/

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

School Rumble season 2 i look forward to most,Harima is one of my fav characters in anime !!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Glass no Kantai: At the center of the galaxy, the war between Aristocrat Alliance and the New Aristocrats breaks out. The former group now rules the galaxy, and the later group is led by Vettii who makes a figure in aristocrat society recently. The war that affects the fate of the universe is ended by the triumph of the New Aristocrats. Then, Vettii founds the Holy Empire, and he becomes the first emperor. However, this war isn’t the dawn of peace, but it is the beginning of tyranny.

It is People’s Army led by Michelle that stands up against Vettii government. One day, they sneak into a wedding ceremony of aristocrats, and they rob the aristocrats of a territory ship, but they receive counterattack of squadron directed by Maconnais. When Michelle is going to surrender to them, a blast is shoots into Maconnais’ battleship. It is a fire from the Glass Battleship. Cleo, the caption of the Glass Battleship, says to Michele that he is a descendant of the royal family, and that he is going to conquer the universe only by this ship in order to revive the royal family. Michelle thinks Cleo is the Messiah of the next age.

Meanwhile, Vettii is asked by the pope, Gorna, to marry his daughter, Rachelle. But he refuses the offer saying that it is too early. However, at the masked ball, Vettii is attracted by a women not knowing who she is.

== World View of this anime ===

In the far future, in a closed cosmic space, the human beings are living in urban type space ships called territory ships. The religion people believe in says that the planet is the place full of dirties, and they are faithful to the doctrine, and they don’t want to set foot in the planet. The territory ship consists of tens or hundreds of units few kilo meters cubic, and each unit is a territory itself. Their area represents the power of the land lord. When the load marries or succeeds to the territory, the ships stick together to make a big territory. On the contrary, when several children succeeds to the territory, a ship is divided into several urbane ships. The land lords have been fighting each other for their territory to show their power.

Meanwhile, the big power that tries to swallow the whole universe as well as the human begins to encroach on the world. Do they have the future? Why do they living in such a closed world?
Another series, damn! So far what looks intresting to me is Tokko, Kiba, Black Lagoon, and definetly School rumble season 2. Maybe I will check out air gear too eventually.

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Category: Action, comedy, magic, parody.

Summary:
Tanaka Punie is a transfer student from Magical World. She is a mischievous princess whose martial arts is better than magic. Not to mention, she aims at the conquest of the Earth. Those who resist her will be pushed by the body language, or joint-lock.

Usually, she is a bit stupid and cute girl, but actually she is a cold-blooded princess who is very brutal and heartless.

* This is the third (pseud)magical girl anime produced by the same producers of "Nurse Witch Komugi-chan" and "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan".

http://a.scarywater.net/doremi/Dai_Maho ... vi.torrent

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Have you watched Air Gear yet?

Its crappy right? The manga which i read wasnt good at all.
Finito

Post by Finito »

If you looked at the first episode of Air gear you should obviously know how sucky the serie is going to be, total shit. But just knowing the fact that a Air Gear anime was coming out you could foresee how sucky it was going to be.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

anyone caught 'the third' yet?
its already 2 ep subbed from anime suki.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Care to share what its about and if its any good?
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

actually i havent caught it yet.
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=4088

it sounds nice but there is the word "shoujo" in the title.
i know its just a title but i want to be sure it is not some cheap story with goodlooking characters in it.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

just keep in mind that shojo means girl in japanese. the title is "the girl with azure eyes", aka "aoi hotomi no shojo".

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

thats what i meant.
i know shoujo means 'girl'. that doesnt mean it is of the shoujo genre.
but doesnt mean it isnt either.

it literally looks like one though.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Looks so ghey, I want my eyes back! :!: