The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by Buzkashi »

The new chapter in the elder scrolls is out. I just picked mine up today. Pretty anxious to play it. Anyone else out there have it or planning on getting it?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I pre-ordered the collectors edition online. Waiting for my friend to get it in at the moment(he has the credit card). Going to sex my xbox for a while after i get it though.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I got it for PC. Theres some problems with it. Its running way toooooo slow.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm mostly worried about performance issues with the game. With the new enhanced graphics I think I'd have to get an upgrade to play it with a decent rate.

And oh how I hate upgrading when I don't have the money to do it :P.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:I got it for PC. Theres some problems with it. Its running way toooooo slow.

you specs on your comp??
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I've got a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 1 GB RAM, and a GeForce6800- Oblivion runs fine at 1024x768 with HDR, no AA, average shadows and max draw distance.

It's definetly playable, but that may be due to it being more prone to simply run a bit slower overall, rather than having FPS peaks and drops.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh my God. I didnt realize how much this game requires. I just barely pass the requirements with 2.25 ghz, 512mb ram, and a GeForce 5500 fx. God damn i need to upgrade my shit. Cause its like the ultimate lag trying to play. I move my mouse and i see the croshair move like 10 seconds later.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Oh my God. I didnt realize how much this game requires. I just barely pass the requirements with 2.25 ghz, 512mb ram, and a GeForce 5500 fx. God damn i need to upgrade my shit. Cause its like the ultimate lag trying to play. I move my mouse and i see the croshair move like 10 seconds later.
dood.. my laptop is more powerful than your comp...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea I'm in need of a new comp. I'm thinking one of the new xps's.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

I'm going to wait till after Spring Break to pick this game up, want to have some sort of a life before i throw it away in front of my computer.

http://www.facegen.com/

This link is to a demo of a program that allows you to use your own picture to make a model head. Its the same thing that is used in the game, so if you really want you can play as yourself in ES4.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You guys think I should just get more ram and a better Graphics Card. Or a whole new comp all together.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Buzkashi wrote:You guys think I should just get more ram and a better Graphics Card. Or a whole new comp all together.
just double your ram and get one of those gcards with like 256 onboard ram. your com will be as good as new and costs much less.

=)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:You guys think I should just get more ram and a better Graphics Card. Or a whole new comp all together.
thing with your comp is most likely your mobo is an AGP so get a 9800 pro (which is a damn good video card and cheap) and another stick of 512 for ram.

That should do things fine. Should hold you out for awhile.

As for my laptop, its got 2ghz centrino, 6600 gt, and 1 gig of ram. its a laptop that pure ownage, and no i didnt break the bank to buy one.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Hmm I was thinking getting one of those 7800 gtx's.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Hmm I was thinking getting one of those 7800 gtx's.

make sure your mobo has a PCI-express before getting one of those things.

edit: might as well just buy an xbox 360 or something since there are 350 bucks min.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ok i stopped playing it to come to the boards....only becasue i don't have a plug and play so my batteries in my controller died.

I touch myself to this game. that is all.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I would be severly molesting myself to this game. Shit when I saw the last copy at Circuit City and nabbed it I almost nutted my self. To bad I cant play it.....
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:I would be severly molesting myself to this game. Shit when I saw the last copy at Circuit City and nabbed it I almost nutted my self. To bad I cant play it.....
::laughs:: :LOL: :kekeke:
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

I picked up possibly the first copy to arrive in this town on the 22nd...It's the Collectors Edition for Xbox 360, and it's perfect how it looks like a large book that holds the passage to another world. I had to wait and play it until after work, so it sat on my work desk the whole day. But, I did manage to get a start on the 112-page pocket book explaining the empire of Tamriel. It's quite amazing, as it gives the whole game a meaning beyond anything I've seen. I love how the book explains about Tamriel's history prior to the the current events in Oblivion. This definetly gives the game depth, just by walking into the great forests and finding an ancient ruin, where possibly Imperial and Elves battled each other a 1000 years ago...I'm also impressed by how the developers at Bethesda studied geology and learned how forests grow. So there's no trees and bushes just dropped where ever. The enviroment looks so perfect.

so far I'm 12 hours into it and this game is too gorgeous. The scenery is absolutely stunning, I didn't even do quests for the first 3 hours; I just wandered up the mountains and great forests. I reached a good height and turned around only to see a vast landscape with the other mountain ranges in the far off distance, also giving you the thought that you can walk there if you want. The sky was turning orange as the sun was beginnning to set; meanwhile the grass and leaves from the trees flicker as the wind blows. and I tell ya it feels like I'm hiking where I used to live in northern B.C. Only I'm in my livingroom on the most comfortable leather chair, heheh damn rights

Yah, I know already I'm gonna have lots more to say about Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, as it is the best game I've seen in my life. But we may as well share our biggest thoughts about this game here.
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

tell me more about what you see, feel, and experience. you dont know how much joy i had reading your post ^

one of the few games i've kept my eyes on for a long time. i will get it when i get money.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I'm a vampire ... I don't want to be a vampire .... Why did i have to randomly slaughter all of those vampires near the beginning of the game?
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

I wonder if there will eventually be the option to become infected by the curse of the Werewolf. I love the idea of transforming into a ravenous beast and coming out of the forest at midnight only to slaughter all the horses...or wandering hobo's heheh

As for the overall feeling of this game, I can't possibly describe the joy I get when I plunge myself into this gameworld...For example, I walked outside a city to find the sky snowing as it revealed a soft, fuzzy, white gaze. Occasionally the light would peak through the leaves on the trees; meanwhile the game plays an excellent symphonic score, I just had to stand up and clap! Goddamn what a sexy game!
That's it, I'm gonna borrow a digital camera and start taking pictures of the best scenery I can find, as a picture can be worth a thousand words!
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I hate you...
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

Heheheh, it's gonna be alright...Soon Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will be in your grasp!

Although I really anticipate reading about everyone else's stories in this game, as there'll be so much to tell...
-Guts
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Jesus, it´s hard to make a decent looking chick in this game.