The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

An FX 5500 huh buz? Yeah thats not good, I however feel your pain as I have a FX 5200. There is however some good news. The people over here http://gamingsupport.sunrisetechnicalgroup.com/ have some major love for those of us with inferior cards. I was able to get Oblivion playable on my rig so you should be able too as well. It won't be pretty but it should get you going until you get a new card.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How fast comp do you need to play this without it being to slow anyone know?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:How fast comp do you need to play this without it being to slow anyone know?
Required

Operating System: Windows XP
RAM: 512 MB System Ram
Processor: 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
Video Card: 128 MB Direct3d compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver. Supported Video Card Chipsets: ATI X1800 series; ATI X1300 series; ATI X850 series; ATI X800 series; ATI X700 series; ATI X600 series; ATI Radeon 9800 series; ATI Radeon 9700 series;
CD-ROM: 8X DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 4.6 GB free disc space
Processor: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended

Operating System: 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
RAM: 1 GB System Ram
Video Card: ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

you should know by now that if you play on the required settings, it will suck hard, really hard.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Damn, game is a beast to run. I think I will just wait untill I have a 360.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Southpaw wrote:An FX 5500 huh buz? Yeah thats not good, I however feel your pain as I have a FX 5200. There is however some good news. The people over here http://gamingsupport.sunrisetechnicalgroup.com/ have some major love for those of us with inferior cards. I was able to get Oblivion playable on my rig so you should be able too as well. It won't be pretty but it should get you going until you get a new card.

Thanks. Now to get it to work. Hmmm So I put the shader package in the appropiate folder, but I dont see a achange.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I've been playing this on the 360 non-stop until I picked up Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (which is badass too cuz its almost all redone) but I think my HDTV is flawed so I'm off to best buy or somewhere to check it out to see if I have it right or wrong.

But yea....beautiful. I shed tears when I walked out of the sewers and caught my first glimpse of Cyrodiil. The water, air, wind, trees, grass, buildings, people, butterflies, deer, etc....EVERYTHING is what you want to see. Well....not everything but still scenery wise it rocks balls to the walls. I could say more but I can't form my true thoughts into coherent speech yet. ^_^ But yea, maybe we can start posting our favorite pics or something.

Keep talking about your cards and computers though because if I can pimp up my computer then I would get Oblivion for that because you can take the graphics even further.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

That's what I'm thinking about doing. Since the 360 doesn't have a "snapshot" feature which is too bad, im gonna have to borrow a digital camera and take some shots of the most breathtaking scenery I can find...Which is not hard at all, heheheh
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Thanks. Now to get it to work. Hmmm So I put the shader package in the appropiate folder, but I dont see a achange.
Did you change your ini file like is suggested in the forum?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

No I havent. Can I get a link please?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:No I havent. Can I get a link please?

PS: Southpaw's hat brings back memories. Image
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

must add 2cents.... Oblivion is better than all the games I've played this year so far.

:smoken:

My boss plays from when he gets home till 3am in the morning, and uses that against us when we come in 'on time' as he is usually there by 8. He is a machine, I swear.
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Ok here is the ini link. http://www.stg-gaming.com/files/Oblivion.ini
Hopefully that should help you out buz.

@ Femto: Yeah I don't update my avatar so I'm still rocking the pimp hat.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

the game is great (even on my 9600 pro) and now i'm waiting for a berserk mod
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Sir Sven i am. Im a knight foo and fuck ranged people.

My laptop is running this game beatifully.

1027 by 768
no screen effects... but w/e

all this on a nvidia 6600.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Oblivion is one of the best games ive played in a long time. The graphics, battle engine, character customization, and open ended gameplay set in a massive world make you feel totally immersed. I highly recommend it to anyone who can run it.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I have been playing ESO for acouple of hours now on my friends 360 and it is AWSOME, the rag doll physics are my favorite part of the game.

Also played it on a computer, which was every powerful(3.6 Pentium D I think 2gb ram 512 Ati something or other PCI express) and it look a whole lot better... I need new computer or a 360 :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
equalityofcipher
imanewbie

Post by equalityofcipher »

Sandman wrote: I need new computer or a 360 :evil:

for Oblivion alone, it's totally worth the price - let alone the sports games.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I started playing Morrowind again.. :oops:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

I love this game, It's damn near flawless. And it runs great on my pc AMD 64bit 3400,1.5Gb ram and a XFX 6800 GT you just can't go wrong. I've recently started a new character and he's an Orc. I had an High Elf Mage before but I downloaded the Guild storage mod only to find out that during a certain part of the ranking up in the Mages guild quest Bruma (where i had my really great and rare enchanted items) gets raided by The Lich King and my storage chest is gone :cry: :cry: .

So therefore I started over a new character and this time for my own convenience downloaded the bag of holding mod for those of us who likes to go on long adventures without having to worry about encumberance. It will hold infinite items for you but there is one flaw if you get arrested it's gone(that is if you chooses to do time). As for my Orc he rocks!, this time around I choose to go evil and kill and steal. When I first got out of the sewers my first thought were to establish myself by doing the arena quest.

Now during the time that you can't battle, rather than sleep I like to go 5finger discount shopping haha. So for the first 3 weeks of the game I hit up the entire market district. Till that one day I got caught as a merchant was coming back from the meeting they do at night. So as stated before get arrested loose my bag of holding. So the guard came up to me and I chose to resist arrest lol. So now I've already damn near cleared the entire market and temple district of every guard in my attempts to not loose my bag. During the big chase for me to escape out of town I've even killed a few quest people.

So being that I can no longer enter any towns peacefully I have to kill bandits to use their camp sites to sleep at for the night then move on. So after all that went on in Tamriel and the endless traveling that I've done my Orc is now level 13 and pretty strong might i add. But as of now my goal is to join the thieves guild to clear the 30something K bounty on my head. In most cases joining the guild would seem pretty easy to those that already know how. But I was never in the town long enough to receive the note from the dark elf saying to meet up for enrollment. :cry: So now my goal is to somehow get in town unspotted which is nearly impossibly but is at sometimes of the night. Then be in town in the open long enough to receive the note. Any suggestions????? :?:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Can you buy a house and store the contents of your bag in the house, do your time and there you go. I dont know if that will work but you never know.

Cant wait for my new computer to come in 8) Dell XPS Pentuim D 3.0gb, Dual 512 Nvidia 9600 :twisted: 2gb of Ram @667mhz :twisted: If the Oblivian doesnt run flawless on this I am sending it back :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Holy midget! That's a real beast you're getting there Sandman!

I gave my middle finger to Oblivion. Don't wanna bother with downloading 4gb :lol: :lol: :lol:
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

Sandman wrote:Can you buy a house and store the contents of your bag in the house, do your time and there you go. I dont know if that will work but you never know.

Cant wait for my new computer to come in 8) Dell XPS Pentuim D 3.0gb, Dual 512 Nvidia 9600 :twisted: 2gb of Ram @667mhz :twisted: If the Oblivian doesnt run flawless on this I am sending it back :evil:

Yea I've thought of that also, infact that was the first thing to come to mind. But then it hit me...As for the people you buy the castle from, you have to be able to be around town guards to even see them. The good thing is that I know for a fact my bounty doesn't affect the people to get houses from. Only trouble there is I'm an Orc Lmao=Very Low Speechcraft so mostlikely none of them will trust me enough. After some time of thinking about that I realized that was outta the picture as well lol. At this point I do want to server my time but I'll be damned if I looses everything in that bag that I'm serving time for...Lmao

Keep it comin with ideas tho cause it's helpin more than people might think.
I've still just pretty much been roaming around sleeping and fighting lol. By the time I can settle down again I will be very strong and have alot of nice rares. But damn If you wouldn't be suprised at how many Tamriel guards just rome around the damn country lol it's never safe for me. Even in islocated Inn's there's a guard there at night. :cry:

Oh yea and now my bounty is a WHOPPING 215k got damn do they want me or what .......hehe.Lost track of how many guards and people I've killed to get in and out of towns to try different approaches.*sigh*
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Sandman wrote:Can you buy a house and store the contents of your bag in the house, do your time and there you go. I dont know if that will work but you never know.

You either have two Nvidias or two ATIs, which is it? 9600 doesn't exist for nvida fyi.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

psi29a wrote:

You either have two Nvidias or two ATIs, which is it? 9600 doesn't exist for nvida fyi.
Pwned?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

no... ATI made 9600's... but those are lke 5 or 6 years old. But dual, never heard of that.

as for Oblivion, my game crashed and i just never picked it up in awhile. The level scaling sucks sooooooooooooooooo much, cuz technically you can beat the game as a level 1 character and all the enemies will be level 1 as well.