The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Dope, Dual 512mb Nvidia 7900 GTX thats it... It seems I like to confuse you I guess :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Sandman wrote:Dope, Dual 512mb Nvidia 7900 GTX thats it... It seems I like to confuse you I guess :twisted:
now someone dropped a nice bit of money.
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

halfnhalf wrote:
Sandman wrote:Dope, Dual 512mb Nvidia 7900 GTX thats it... It seems I like to confuse you I guess :twisted:
now someone dropped a nice bit of money.
WOW....Hell even a "Nice Bit" is a understaement. Just one 7900 cost lots.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Dell was offering them @$700 which is about $200 less then buying them retail and $200 more than one ATI x1900 xtx ... and I havent spent a penny yet, and with my prefered account $100 a month for 3 year is not that bad of deal, not with all the computer gaming I will be doing :twisted:
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

Sandman wrote:Dell was offering them @$700 which is about $200 less then buying them retail and $200 more than one ATI x1900 xtx ... and I havent spent a penny yet, and with my prefered account $100 a month for 3 year is not that bad of deal, not with all the computer gaming I will be doing :twisted:
Oh damn well once you put it like that........Sweet!!!!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

MY COMPUTER IS IN AND I HAVE MY COPY OF OBLIVION HAHAHAHAHAHAH Going to kill me some bandits ehehehehhhehehe :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :lol: :LOL: :LOL:

Going to be playing all night hell yeah
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Post by Painfulchaos »

Sandman wrote:MY COMPUTER IS IN AND I HAVE MY COPY OF OBLIVION HAHAHAHAHAHAH Going to kill me some bandits ehehehehhhehehe :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :lol: :LOL: :LOL:

Going to be playing all night hell yeah

Kill them bandits!!!....Kill them for us alll!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

When you are done with the bandits (tons of 'em), check out the assisines's quests. *grin* It won't disappoint.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hahahaha the Dark brotherhood quests are awesome...escpecially when the trigger event happens and you realize something. ^_^ Glad to know you're a fan Psi, I finally got around to doing the Main Quest and beat it...but the rest of the game is just so depressing without martin around anymore.... :( j/k.... ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Do any of you actually wear the Dragon Armour that you get after beating the game? I just wear either the light or heavy armour I get after beating the Gladiators Arena champion.

Also do any of you use any stat enchancing mods like the 4XDamage Bow enchancer?

Once nice mod I picked up not too long ago was to add another race to the selection and if you're not a fan of Stargate I suppose you wouldn't be interested in it, they added the Jaffa to the list. They have high strength and also health regen comes as standard without choosing the Lord star sign.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

The only mods I've used are quest related ones. I try to keep the game as balanced as possible without getting uber-weapons/armour etc.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

i have the 360 version sooooo no mods for me! ^_^ Seen a lot that look spectacular though. And about the armor, nah...I put it in one of my houses cuz it sucked compared to the armor I got from looting/applying sigil stones. But I haven't played it in a while...been really bored lately...games suck now a days. ^_^ That and I don't have anything to watch...My last days of a burnout and they are hellishly boring!! >_<
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I love this game but one thing that really bugs me is the stupid level up system. I hate how you can level up accidentally and that makes the enemies a lot harder. Even so, it's a great world to explore.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

How can you level up by accident? You know you can porbably play the entire game and not go to sleep in a bed.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

That or just make all the skills you mainly use minor skills. Then put the skills you never use as Major and so you never level up officially but still master what you want to ^_^ And after a while being level up high anyway, the enemies are still warm butter to your s-words. Especially if you have them enchanted. Favorite little "combo" for some is to get Azura's Star and enchant a sword with Soul Trap (i don't know if you cn do multiple enchantments but check it out) that way it's always charged up. But yes, I'm a t about level 30 (not sure, havne't played in a few months) and the creatures are easy as hell when I have my sword charged up.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I know that you don't have to sleep in a bed, but I'm a conventional person and prefer to play it according to how the game is set up. Oblivion is unique in that it brings a feeling of dread when you level up, contrary to what other rpgs evoke when leveling up.

That or just make all the skills you mainly use minor skills. Then put the skills you never use as Major and so you never level up officially but still master what you want to ^_^ And after a while being level up high anyway, the enemies are still warm butter to your s-words. Especially if you have them enchanted. Favorite little "combo" for some is to get Azura's Star and enchant a sword with Soul Trap (i don't know if you cn do multiple enchantments but check it out) that way it's always charged up. But yes, I'm a t about level 30 (not sure, havne't played in a few months) and the creatures are easy as hell when I have my sword charged up.

yeah thats what I ended up doing. But I hate that since I'm kind of a role player. I planned to be a stealth/archer guy, so I kinda hate having to pick something like destructive magic as a major skill. Unfortunately, I ended up picking the area of focus that's one of the most unbalanced in the game. I suppose after I reach 100 in the attributes, I have to stop leveling up. Shit, that's depressing. Part of what makes rgps fun is the leveling up and reaching that level of badass. Instead, of having each enemy level up with you so that the combat isn't really rewarding and can get monotonous. I suppose I could've just done all the challengin quests along with the main ones at a ridiculously early level.

Thankfully, this game has other aspects aside from combat that make it awesome.

BTW, I'm new to the Elder Scroll series, so if this method of leveling up is nothing new, then forget the tirade.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I don't know if its possible to level up using this but you can try. After your skill(s) reach 100, get an armor that will boost it 10 points. You may be able to level or you may not. I just thought of it but it may work...
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Post by TheDrizzit »

So I finally beefed up my graphics card and got Oblivion for the PC and then I was hunting in the mod's sites and found a few that I liked...pain in the ass to figure out how to install though!! hahaha Anyway, I came across one mod that everyone will love. Links below to the pics...and I'm in the process of creating a guy that will perfectly match it! ^_^

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/ ... hot278.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/ ... hot279.jpg
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

purple skin and white hair?? i think you need to recheck your character...
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I thought you were trying to make Drizzt Do'urden(sp) due to your name. Good job.

But if Guts....yeah a little wrong on the skin and hair. He only has a little white remember?
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

No no no...I said in the process of making the Guts....I haven't even tried yet! And hell, I probably won't...I'm just too damn lazy. I was really just aiming at showing you guys the Dragonslayer. And yes, I do go for the Drizzt thing anytime I play haha. He's just a badass....
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Has anyone made any berserk Mods of Oblivion yet??? besides the Dragon Slayer which is awesome someone tell me how he did it :shock:
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I don't know officially, but if I guessed I would say that he just used the Construction Set. And yea, i wish that instead of jumping into Oblivion, you could jump into the Eclipse!!! That would be freaking awesome!! Even if no masses of demons to fight, just the behilit faces all over.

I also want the Berserkers armor...dammit...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hell yeah I need to start making mod request on a forum some where... I will have my berserk mod you just see ahahahahhaha :twisted: