Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Movie(s)

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Movie(s)

Post by psi29a »

Damn, I remember watching Zeta Gundam a long time ago. Great and dark gundam series, taking place in the UC timeline.

Apparently, it was re-released in movie format and so far 2 have been fansubbed with new music and it looks like even new animated sequences.

They actually got a majority of the original voice actors on board, I'm just floored that after 20 years they where able to do that. JOY! :D

All I can say is wow. It gave me shivers to watch this, I recommend to other Gundam fans to check it out ASAP.

Torrents

There are 3 movies in total, 2 are currently translated.
Anime News Network wrote:Plot Summary: 87 years since the day when mankind first immigrated into space colony along the orbit of Earth, militarism had etched into the corrupting Federal government, once victorious in the One-year War, 7 years ago. In response to this situation, an initially anti-earth collision, A.E.U.G., started its moves. Chaos might be raveled again, and disturb the pseudo-peace of populated solar system, destroy youths and their romance. Heroes and the wise who experienced the One-year War might survive and fight with, or against each other's might, once again. A remake of the original 50-episodes "Zeta Gundam" series, this trilogy features adjustment to character designs and up-to-date new scenes.

Running time: 90 minutes

Vintage: 2004 to 2006
Premiere date:
2004-10-17 (Tokyo International Fantastic Film Festival, Movie I)
2005-05-28 (Japan, A New Translation I -Heir to the Stars-)
2005-08-20 (Taiwan, Heir to the Stars special screening)
2005-10-28 (Taiwan, Heir to the Stars theatrical premiere)
2005-10-29 (Japan, A New Translation II -Lovers-)
2006-03-04 (Japan, A New Translation III)

Opening Theme:
#1: "Metamorphoze" by Gackt
Ending Theme:
#1: "Kimi Ga Matteiru Kara (Since You Are Waiting) Rearranged" by Gackt
#2: "Mind Forest" by Gackt
#3: "Love Letter" by Gackt

Comment:
Digitally remastered compilation movie trilogy for the Zeta Gundam TV series with some new footage. Made for Zeta Gundam's 20th Anniversary celebration.
Like the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy, the majority of the original cast of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam reprised their roles for this theatrical version - with the exception of Yukana replacing Saeko Shimazu as Four Murasame, Satomi Arai replacing Miyuki Matsuoka as Fa Yuiry, and a few others.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I was going to download it, since I'm a big fan of Gundam Zeta (Especially the Mobile Suit, my favourite Gundam of all time) but I'm considering not to get it since Gackt is singing the main theme, and I hope he gets shot 9 times.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Regardless of the music, it is only for opening and ending, which is spaced out by 130 minutes. You should be safe. :P
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

psi29a wrote:Regardless of the music, it is only for opening and ending, which is spaced out by 130 minutes. You should be safe. :P
Agreed. I watched the first two and liked them but I enjoyed the ending of the first movie the most. I never saw Zeta completely and, even if I'm already spoiled, I thought it would be a good idea to watch the movies despite the fact that Gundam movies are almost always bad, rehashs, or both.

Of course, I'd recommend the series before the movies since the pace of Gundam movies are usually so quick that you might end up missing out on stuff or confusing characters and events but these movies are all good from what I saw.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

The ending for movie 1 was awesome imho, best ending ever. in 0079 Char (The Red Comet) is Amaro's sworn enemy however, Char changes his identity and his idiology changed a bit to join with the AEUG which is there to fight the Titans (and to a lesser extent the Federation) and in ZZ, to fight New-Zeon faction.

Spoiler alert :: Don't read below

Char leaves the AEUG at the end of Zeta, even though he fights besides Amaro he apaprently can't stand the call from Zeon and ends up joining New-Zeon during ZZ series.. There you have it, Char's Counter attack, the first full length Gundam movie, with Amaro and Char fighting for idiologies but not necessarly wanting to fight each other.

Char wants to end all fighting, he wants Earth to finally realize the Colonies independiance and the only way he thinks that is going to happen is if he drops a Colony right on earth.

From 0079 (Original Gundam), through Zeta, and ZZ, to Char's Counter Attack, it is a battle between Amaro Ray and Char. This is what dreams of are made, best Gundam timeline/series ever imho.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I seriously didn't like Char's character transition between Z-Gundam and Char's Counterattack. I just doesn't fit IMHO. He wasn't a homicidal maniac in Z, and the change seems forces, as well as the entire movie. That's not to say that the same sort of forced character changes don't happen in other Gundam shows, but this one is clearly the most blatant. Ok, I don't know the original Gundam, which might mean that the character image from Z -Gundam is all wrong, and Char's CA is the bad old Char coming back.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Wow man thanks for the Bt link.... just saw the trailers and i was blown away.....man its been so long since ive been waiting for this .

The Uc era during MSG, Z, ZZ and Char's counter attack are the only series that i find worthy of the gundam name. Well maybe not ZZ so much....
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Man i always wanted to watch the old Gundams but its hard finding torrents for them.

So are you saying me i will get all of Zeta Gundam series in these movies ?