Torus Trooper

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Torus Trooper

Post by Ayanami »

This game is amazing fun and it is completely free. Give it a try. If enough people pick up the game and enjoy it, maybe I could make this into a high score thread as well. (Here is hoping.)

Check it out, pretty small file to download and definitely worth it.

Windows Version
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html

Linux Version
http://www.emhsoft.net/ttrooper/

Mac Version
http://shinh.skr.jp/osxbin/

The program is an application like MAME, so it does not need to install or any thing like that. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as me. :D

Torus Trooper High Scores
Normal
1 - arke - 7,986,865 - Stage 20
2 - Ayanami - 2,524,037 - Stage 10
3 - BasouKazuma - 2,505,931 - Stage 10
4 - Tempest - 2,257,916 - Stage 9
5 - Kccttzj - 1,010,771 - Stage 5
6 - Buzkashi - 775,064 - Stage 5

Keep it up guys!
Last edited by Ayanami on Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I got it. Its pretty fun. Post your high scores.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Glad you like it!

But please, post your high scores first Buz. :wink:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

One second try on extreme.

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I think it goes with out saying that if we do a high score table we should only consider normal mode unless people wish to submit other difficulty scores.

And I have not even touched the extreme mode.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We should just do extreme. Normal is too easy.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Keep playing normal, it gets a whole lot harder real fast.

Unless you have already achieved a monstrous score that will put every one who even attempts the normal mode to shame. How far did you get?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Uhh well. I started on extreme. And it didnt seem all that hard. So I could only imagine that normal would be easy.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Well damn it, play normal, and if you get passed stage 6 on the first try, we shall do extreme only. And my hat will be off to you as well.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Agreed. It gets insanely hard at extreme on level 4. I burned four lives in 15 seconds. I'll work on getting a screencap of my 1.07M score.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

So you want to do extreme only as well arke, or were you agreeing with me?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ayanami wrote:Well damn it, play normal, and if you get passed stage 6 on the first try, we shall do extreme only. And my hat will be off to you as well.

Almost level 6. Close but no cigar eh?
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

Hi! Tried to DL this, but of course 3/4 of the way through I got cut off, and it was taking a long time (56k, heh). Ayanami, you'll have to put it on disc for me if you can unless I feel like waiting for it to DL later on or tomorrow. It looks a lot different than I thought it would, but I'll have to post a score and thoughts on it when I get it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

kccttzj wrote:Hi! Tried to DL this, but of course 3/4 of the way through I got cut off, and it was taking a long time (56k, heh). Ayanami, you'll have to put it on disc for me if you can unless I feel like waiting for it to DL later on or tomorrow. It looks a lot different than I thought it would, but I'll have to post a score and thoughts on it when I get it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)
YOU SHUT UP!!!

:smoken:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

kccttzj wrote:Hi! Tried to DL this, but of course 3/4 of the way through I got cut off, and it was taking a long time (56k, heh). Ayanami, you'll have to put it on disc for me if you can unless I feel like waiting for it to DL later on or tomorrow. It looks a lot different than I thought it would, but I'll have to post a score and thoughts on it when I get it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)
Holy shit. Welcome aboard K! :headbang:

But of course I will put Torus Trooper on a disc for ya. I will probably give it to ya on Saturday. Since I am at work tomorrow and stuff. You should retry the download though, I know AOL sucks, but it should resume the Download where you left off if you try to DL it again. Hopefully that is. I don't know the exact and full extent of the crapiness that is AOL.

I will also throw some other ABA games on the disc as well while I am at it.

EDIT - Don't worry about Buzkashi, I don't know what crawled up his ass just now.
Last edited by Ayanami on Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Ayanami wrote:So you want to do extreme only as well arke, or were you agreeing with me?
More so the later. Could just have a list for each difficulty. My main problem is I have no idea what to avoid, so it's pure luck that I don't die. *goes to read the site*
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Very well then, Buz is out numbered two to one. Normal scores preferred, but if you insist, I will put up other difficulties as well.
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

[quote="Ayanami
Holy shit. Welcome aboard K! :headbang:

But of course I will put Torus Trooper on a disc for ya. I will probably give it to ya on Saturday. Since I am at work tomorrow and stuff. You should retry the download though, I know AOL sucks, but it should resume the Download where you left off if you try to DL it again. Hopefully that is. I don't know the exact and full extent of the crapiness that is AOL.

I will also throw some other ABA games on the disc as well while I am at it.

EDIT - Don't worry about Buzkashi, I don't know what crawled up his ass just now.[/quote]

Yeah, it should start where it left off, but it's not for some reason. It's not a big file so I'll probably just DL it again, but it's slows the internet down even more and can be extremely irritating. That would be great if I could get the other games from you, as I don't want to have to try to DL them all, so thanks. :)

and Buzkashi's post just made me laugh. Maybe I should have been offended, but I found it more amusing.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

EDIT - Don't worry about Buzkashi, I don't know what crawled up his ass just now.

A little thing i like to call... AYANAMI!!!
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

kccttzj wrote:and Buzkashi's post just made me laugh. Maybe I should have been offended, but I found it more amusing.
Good to hear that.

And Buz, your words break my heart.... :cry:

Aight, got the two only scores up. Mine and Buz's. Awaiting further scores...

And in case there is doubt to my score...

kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

DL finally done. AWESOME. This is defintely a fun game. I like this game a lot. Now I understand what you were talking about when you were trying to explain it. Anyway, I only played it once, so this is my score: Stage 1-5, 1010771.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Scores Updated.

Good score K for your first try. Now you know the power of the Torus Trooper. Another one you should definitely check out, but I think it is a larger file, is the Noiz2sa game. That is a more traditional vert and the ship has the smallest hit box evar. The patterns also get just incredibly ridiculous.

Keep the scores coming guys. And for those who have not tried this game out by now.... download it! It is an absolute blast.
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

Ayanami wrote:Scores Updated.

Good score K for your first try. Now you know the power of the Torus Trooper. Another one you should definitely check out, but I think it is a larger file, is the Noiz2sa game. That is a more traditional vert and the ship has the smallest hit box evar. The patterns also get just incredibly ridiculous.

Keep the scores coming guys. And for those who have not tried this game out by now.... download it! It is an absolute blast.
That's funny you mention Noiz2sa. I actually have that game. I got the issue of Retro Gamer that came with a disc that had a bunch of shooters on it, and that was on there. That's actually one of my favorites on the disc, but I forgot all about it. I copied it to my computer some time ago so that I could give David the disc to use on his PC, and I just forgot all about it. I'll have to play it again since it is a really good game.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

No kidding. That's cool. Torus Trooper owns Noiz2sa though. The only two other ones that I think are worth the download are Parsec 47 and rRootage. rRootage is a laid back boss parade style game while Parsec 47 is another standard vert with the fastest ship period. Fun stuff none the less though.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ok wow. I just learned about the charge shot. Expect much higher score from me.