reading berserk with your favourite playlist

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

yupachups
notanewb

reading berserk with your favourite playlist

Post by yupachups »

It's a ritual for me. I can't read any bersek chapter without listening music.

My favourite playlist : Forces (for the action scenes), Guts, Earth (from berserk OST)
and ... junkie XL-beauty never fades away (animatrix OST)

What's yours ? :P
i'm Here !!
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

The french national anthem.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

MSI, Brain failure, distillers, and pirate sygnl havent let me down yet. all very different, but it works for me
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The OST from the anime and PS2 video game, Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Killswitch Engage, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian.
Skullomania
imanewbie

Post by Skullomania »

Anyone herd of Rick Wakeman's music.If you don't get it as any way you could,i'm sure you wont be disappointed.Maybe this is the most compatible
music for the manga.
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

i dont have many music, and dont listen much to it, so the overwhelming sound is car passing by on the road in front of my house.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

throw on some david axelrod, or some susumu hirasawa, alot of pink floydd, and believe it or not but wu-tang clan goes very well
Bow to Golbez
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Noooooo you can't be serious... :LOL: :LOL:
Bow to Golbez
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I mostly listen trance music while reading: DJ Tiesto's ISOS4, and Armin Van Buuren's ASOT Light
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Sortep wrote:Noooooo you can't be serious... :LOL: :LOL:
The seriousness of my previous post is of the kind that'll make you forget what serious means if I were to tell you how serious I am, which I seriously am.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Vintage femto,no idea what you meant at the end :lol:

I dont listen to music when i read manga,comics,book. Cause i wanna focus on the world im reading. Normally im sure immersed in what im reading that i dont even care about the real world.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Libaax wrote:I dont listen to music when i read manga,comics,book. Cause i wanna focus on the world im reading. Normally im sure immersed in what im reading that i dont even care about the real world.
same here.
if i had to, then i will probably listen to that eerie song from the berzerk game. only when guts is fighting and killing something.
=)
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I usually put some music that represent the mood I associate with Berserk. It usually end up being some dark folk band, something tragic and/or melancholic.

It's usually Narsilion, Ordo Funebris and trobar de Morte

ISIS can be good too. It's ambient music sometime mellow but it can be really powerfull too.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Zerglinster
imanewbie

Post by Zerglinster »

I prefer to listen to either Blind Guardian, Orgy, Dream Theater, or Sonata Arctica...yeah.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I tend to not listen to anything if I am reading a chapter for the first time, I don't know why, usually it's cause I just finished getting it and I can't be bothered with the timely actions of taking a few seconds to pick a playlist. I mean, I have Berserk right there in front of me. It just calls to me. :wink:

However, when I am re-reading Berserk, I do take time out to listen to music. Mostly I would put on the OST from the anime, however as of late I am choosing to put on Power Metal, especially during fight chapters. My favorite song to play is "Fury of the Storm" by DragonForce. Another favorite of mine is to put The Black Mages. For anyone who doesn't know/is curious, it is the band of Nobuo Uematsu (Composer of the Final Fantasy music). They play rock versions of fight themes/boss music in the series. From there I usualy listen to "Dancing Mad" (from FF6) and "Battle Scene" (from FF1).
ImageImage
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Don't you think Power Metal is like...too happy for a book that is so dark ? I like Power metal, I'm into many different genres of music, but I don't make any associations between Power metal and Berserk.

Same thing for punk rock (the distillers were named in a earlier post)
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Ash J. Williams
imanewbie

Post by Ash J. Williams »

Normally if I know Guts is going to do some major A*s kicking, then I put on A Perfect Circle's - "Counting Bodies Like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums."

If fits so perfectly it's scary.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

MournfulWoods wrote:Don't you think Power Metal is like...too happy for a book that is so dark ? I like Power metal, I'm into many different genres of music, but I don't make any associations between Power metal and Berserk.
Well yeah, most Power Metal might be, but DragonForce considers themselves "Extreme Power Metal" (I don't know exactly what that means)
Plus the content of a lot of their songs is kinda Berserk-ish. It's fantasy like, describing epic battles for glory and such. That and I'm not a big fan of Death Metal or much of the really hard stuff.

Excerpts from "Fury of the Storm":

"We are riding for the battle field in force tonight
Fury of the darkest evil cry for war
Far beyond the boundaries of hell and starlight
On the road to lands unknown forever more"

"Here we are the chosen one we can not fail now
Spilling all the blood on the fires below
Smashing through the boundaries with the fire and fury
Killing all the mortals down the winding road"

"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the forcing of power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!"
ImageImage
roostmeyer
imanewbie

Post by roostmeyer »

I've actually been thinking of making a thread like this... but then i wouldn't be lurking...

I've been a huge fan of Opeth for the last 4 years, and they have a large range of heavy to soft songs. I don't have any problems finding a song to fit the mood. Also most songs are around 10 minutes long so it fits a slow first time chapter read about right.

3 inches of blood is pretty good as well and lyrically fits the fantasy genre well.

Recently I've found myself reading to Mercyful Fate and King Diamond for some reason.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Amazingly this morning... I actually put together a great rap playlist for berserk... scary.

1. Bushwick Bill - Whatcha Gonna Do?
2. Luminati - Drama A T
3. Canibus - Lost @ C
4. Geto Boys - Still
5. Tech N9ne - Absolute Power
6. Kurupt - Trylogy
7. Tru Life - Day I Die
8. Redman - Smash Something
9. Canibus - Curriculum 101
10. MC Ren - Ruthless Foe Life
Bow to Golbez
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Does the Berserk OST adds to the mood of the manga? I don´t remember the musics from the series and i´m wondering if it would be cool to hear it when i´m reading it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I tried once when i was reading Hajime No Ippo to listen to OST for the anime but the music distracted me too much.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Deathbringer wrote:Does the Berserk OST adds to the mood of the manga? I don´t remember the musics from the series and i´m wondering if it would be cool to hear it when i´m reading it.
You 'll' get used to it at least if you find your favourite song.
i'm Here !!
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I remember reading the chapter when Slan is reapearing from the Troll´s guts when listening to "Murder" of the original OST, it really added to the mood, it was worth getting it.