Berserk is doing pretty well apparently.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Berserk is doing pretty well apparently.

Post by Femto »

I was checking the Cartooning category in Amazon for some reason and much to my surprise, I found Berserk Vol. 8 in the 88th. spot of the list sorted by best-selling titles. Vol. 10 is also the best selling manga on the site as of this writing, selling more than FMA and even Naruto.

That's pretty impressive, I think.

The first proper comic book in the Cartooning section is The Complete Maus I think and, also much to my surprise, the Animator's Survival Kit (arguably the best book regarding animation) is in the 2nd. spot.

I guess those of us that were worried or concerned about Dark Horse not releasing Berserk past the 13th. volume can rest easily now if Amazon is any indication. I hope they speed up their release schedule too.

PS: Volume 10 is out and I'm ordering it tonight.

:headbang:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Two words: Fuck yeah.

Miura would be so proud to know that. It'll bring a tear to his eye.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Eldo wrote:Miura would be so proud to know that.
The Miura triumvirate is already aware. 8)
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

*sigh* How I wish here in Brazil the things were the same :(

Here each month comes half a volume. So I get only one volume each two months. And we're only in the 4th volume by now. And doesn't seem to sell so well, so I'm afraid it won't go to the end.

Let's hope they keep releasing it...*cross fingers*
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Actually....
sk.net's encylopedia wrote:DARK HORSE COMICS began publishing BERSERK in Fall 2003 and has no plans to stop. Their publishing rate is ~one manga every 3 months. But after volume 13, the rate will increase to one volume per month (according to Chris Warner of Dark Horse). You can find BERSERK at your local bookstore or comics shop for around $15.
That is ONE (1) volume per month, 12 volumes per year.

Can we say catch up? This totally blows 'the hawks' out of the water should DH actually catch up.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't think it's going to stop the hawks from scanlating though. It'll be a fair time until it affects them, they have like, 2 years more to worry about it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Dude when they start coming out once a month I will buy the box set of 4-12 ( I already own 1-3 8) ) and pre order the next one and so on and so forth. This way I will have made up all the free loafing I do :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I just need to buy Vol.10

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:Actually....
sk.net's encylopedia wrote:DARK HORSE COMICS began publishing BERSERK in Fall 2003 and has no plans to stop. Their publishing rate is ~one manga every 3 months. But after volume 13, the rate will increase to one volume per month (according to Chris Warner of Dark Horse). You can find BERSERK at your local bookstore or comics shop for around $15.
That is ONE (1) volume per month, 12 volumes per year.

Can we say catch up? This totally blows 'the hawks' out of the water should DH actually catch up.
Awesome news, psi.

I always thought that was still up in the air.

:headbang:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Actually, that was a mis-quote, I've talked to sk.net and they have edited their entry as well. After volume 13, Berserk will be released on a bi-monthly schedule. This means, 6 volumes per year.

Still, that is awesome!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Not as good as once a month but better then once a quater :twisted:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Sweet :)
I just need to order volume 10 and i´m set.
I´m doing my part :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wanted to wait until they had a good amount of Manga out before I started buying them again... I remeber buying the first vol of berserk it was awesome until i relized that I would have to wait three months for the next one :evil:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Im both suprised and not suprised. Suprised cause i didnt know there was that many people like us who thinks Berserk blows out most mangas out of the water. Specailly shonens like Naruto..... There are so many noobs that will go crazy if you mention that any manga can be better than Naruto.

Not suprised cause the quality of the manga is pure gold. The only manga that have i seen that is in the same class is HNI.

Also our comic store has not Vol 1 yet for some reason so i havent start buying Berserk yet. I have wanted so many times and didnt find vol 1. Hopefully they will restock vol 1 soon.

In Sweden Berserk is pretty big thanks to the anime. In my comic store its almost always in top ten and in the swedish forums its pretty big. So swedes know thier mangas.
PosseINeedYou
imanewbie

Post by PosseINeedYou »

Just got my copy of 10 yesterday... oh so delicious.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It would be great to see DH catch up on Berserk. It'd really help to build more fan base here in the states so I'm all for it.
fuzz
imanewbie

Post by fuzz »

Already (for 1-2 month) have berserk 1-5 volumes :D . Maybe soon i will afford another 5. Too bad its very expensive to deliver it here to Latvia :roll:.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Libaax wrote:Im both suprised and not suprised. Suprised cause i didnt know there was that many people like us who thinks Berserk blows out most mangas out of the water. Specailly shonens like Naruto..... There are so many noobs that will go crazy if you mention that any manga can be better than Naruto.

Not suprised cause the quality of the manga is pure gold. The only manga that have i seen that is in the same class is HNI.

Also our comic store has not Vol 1 yet for some reason so i havent start buying Berserk yet. I have wanted so many times and didnt find vol 1. Hopefully they will restock vol 1 soon.

In Sweden Berserk is pretty big thanks to the anime. In my comic store its almost always in top ten and in the swedish forums its pretty big. So swedes know thier mangas.
What's HNI?

That's good to hear DH will be catching up, I was wondering though. Most of you do buy the manga, but do you guys plan on buying berserk all the way up to the end of the manga? If so, I'd like to see where you guys would keep this all of these volumes especially since miura said it "may" end at around vol 50ish.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

raziel wrote:What's HNI?
I'd bet my butt it's Hajime no Ippo
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

raziel wrote:
Libaax wrote:Im both suprised and not suprised. Suprised cause i didnt know there was that many people like us who thinks Berserk blows out most mangas out of the water. Specailly shonens like Naruto..... There are so many noobs that will go crazy if you mention that any manga can be better than Naruto.

What's HNI?

That's good to hear DH will be catching up, I was wondering though. Most of you do buy the manga, but do you guys plan on buying berserk all the way up to the end of the manga? If so, I'd like to see where you guys would keep this all of these volumes especially since miura said it "may" end at around vol 50ish.
Hajime No Ippo is according to me the best manga ever. Berserk is a close second just cause Muira is great but Morikawa is a monster at storytelling.

I would buy Berserk even it was 100 vols,doesnt matter. Hell i buy mangas that arent half as good as Berserk.
star666
imanewbie

Post by star666 »

In france the vol.12 is about to be released but it's only
1 vol/2months <_<
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Oh God France is one up on america :evil: JK :lol:

I wonder when all the rest of the world is caught up to the current berserk volume how long will it take to get the translated version :?:
Skullomania
imanewbie

Post by Skullomania »

around 5 years left for darkhorse to cath up
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i dont want to make a separate topic so forgive me for bringing this up in a discussion of the english manga, but what volume is it that guts gets the armor he has now? also, what volumes (if you had to choose some of them not all) would you recommend i buy for collectors purposes, i guess because even tho i have read it it is really cool to actually own a copy of the manga. (at least that is how i feel about my jojo collection. I almost have all of series 03. I need to get back to japan and find 150 yen manga again)
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

I believe he gets the Berserker Armor at vol. 26 or 27...

There's plenty of manga that are better than Naruto, though I do like the work of Kishimoto a lot...

I mean, as we can all agree there's the work of Kentaro Miura. Then there's guys like Oh! Great and Yukito Kishiro, Takehiko Inoue, Katsuhiro Otomo... hell, Tite Kubo's at least an equal to Kishimoto, but he's not as hot as Miwa Shirow.

I loves me some Dogs, that action is too sick.

:D