Is FMA Done?

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

BigSassy
Mastered PM

Is FMA Done?

Post by BigSassy »

I apologize if this is posted somewhere already, but I didn't see any forum FAQs or Announcement threads about this.

Is the FMA manga still being released or is it done? I saw that it says ongoing in the release thread, but is that becuase Evil Genius hasn't translated everything or just that Evil Genius is waiting for new releases?

Also, does the Anime and Manga follow the same story or are there major differences?

By the way, I just want to thank this scanlation group for bringing out such great translations of Berserk. You guys are awesome Image
hubrisnxs
imanewbie

Post by hubrisnxs »

It's still being released, it's a monthly manga so that might help explain the long waits. Chapter 44 is due out in Japan on Feb 12 I believe... So EG isn't very far behind :) From what I've heard FMA will continue for at least another 3 years or so (Around 20 volumes?).

The anime and manga are completely different. The plot, characters...just about everything. Although the first ~25 episodes are similar to the manga, it evenually breaks off completely into its own story.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

EG just had a release like what 2 weeks ago, and it was 5 chapters.

And the major difference b/w the anime and manga is: ... in the anime Ed is a pussy, and in the Manga hes a badass.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, well I wouldn't go that far.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

eitherway, please leave compairaisons for that other thread

I don't want to see it again -_-;
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »