Thousands of Fatah Activists March in Gaza

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Thousands of Fatah Activists March in Gaza

Post by psi29a »

source
Fatah activists marched to Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas' compound, police briefly stormed the parliament building in Gaza and security forces clashed with Hamas gunmen on Saturday as the long-ruling party lashed out in anger for its devastating election loss.

Fears over the future of the security forces under a Hamas-led government added to the chaos.

Most of the 58,000 security officers are allied with Fatah and worry that they will lose their jobs. The Islamic militant group, which won a majority in Wednesday's parliamentary vote, has its own armed force of about 5,000 gunmen in the Gaza Strip.

All I can say is wow, I wish Americans (USA) felt this patriotic (yes, I went there) about their country.

So, I wonder what will happen. Will Democracy triump or will Mob mentality triump? Either way, it is bad.

A gunman from the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a militant group with ties to the Fatah Movement, takes part in a rally demanding the resignations of members of the Fatah Central Committee, in the West Bank town of Nablus, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2006. (AP Photo/Kevin Frayer)