Ch 250

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Guts may not make strategies going into battle, but when he gets in battle he is very quick to think up strategies. Like using the daughter when he fought against the count. He will always find a way to win, no matter how beat up he is. I think its just battle instinct for him, since he has been in so many battles. But he can figure out how to kill anything no matter how beat up he is, or how the odds stack up agains him.

And about the berserker armor, it sucks. I like when he just ignored pain through hatred and willpower. Its nice in the sense he is more badass, but I just like good old human badass guts. And the faces are key. His smile he gets when he is in battle is the best. Soon as I see that closeup of his face and that grin I get pumped cause he is about to do something crazy and kick ass. But who knows what may come of this.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I liked it when he fought humans more because they were always like "theres no way he could have killed 100 men! Its just a myth.." then they would get there heads chopped off and everyone would be like "oooh"
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah that was great:D

Maybe now the monsters and apostles will go "oooh"
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They dont frequently talk, and all of Grifiths strong Apostles already know that Gutts is strong. So they wouldnt be surprised.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Most of my favorite fights are with humans. One of my favorites is when he is escaping with griffith, and slays all the people on the way up and at the top he stops and starts panting and the guys are just like he is worn out. Boy were they wrong.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats not my favorite fight . However after he does that and the blood tears are coming out (well their really not tears but they look like it) its really tite.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Its not my favorite just one of the best. Almost migth have to go with the 100 man slaying as my favorite, atleast of human fights. Some of the Apostle ones are really good, pre berserker armor.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You cant deny the fact that if there was a top 3 that the Roshinu figh would be 1 or 2.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

My fav is in the eclipse when he fights so many monster cause you knew he didnt have a chance but still he kicked ass while he could

When he killed 100 is second

Buskashi:

The apostles might go "ooooh" when he kills one on of them like the one he fught at the witch house.

Im really bad with names specily of the ones on the bad side Zodd is the only apostle name i remember cause he is too cool....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Buzkashi wrote:You cant deny the fact that if there was a top 3 that the Roshinu figh would be 1 or 2.
No arguing there. Probably his worse beating to date and since then, and he was poisoned to top it off. PLus he had to kill all insects before getting there. And when is covered in fire. Man I miss angry guts. As much as I like caska, cause she is hot, he needs to ditch her and everyone else and just become the blackswordsman again. Even better is have eveeryond die again so he gets even more pissed off. Hell then I coudl actually like hte berserker armor, cause then he doesn't have any comrades, so he can just kill for like days on end nonstop. Apostles, peopel who get in the way. The entire band of the hawk, and then get his ass kicked by griffith because he is so worn out by the armor.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

And turn this story into a mindless slugfest again? No thanks. If you so want to see only fights, go reread the older chapters, that's what they are there for.

I like the development the story has taken, although I admit it IS going very slowly right now. At least if he releases such slow chapters so slowly.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gatts uses strategy. For example, that double decoy trick in the tree, during the fight with Wylde. If that’s not strategy, I don’t know what is. I can give many other examples too. Gatts is a genius when it comes to fighting, so please don’t say he doesn’t use strategy.

Also, I don’t even think many of the Neo Band of the Hawk members has even met Gatts, such as Locus and Irvine. So he still might surprise them. Although, the legend of the Kuroi Kenshi is pretty well known, so I doubt they’d underestimate him.

Arresty: What the fuck dude? Those are some shallow ass statements. No offense man, but I just hate it when people say shit like that. Mindless slaughter, is that all you want? I prefer depth in my plot. On top of that, I’d actually like to see Gatts make some progress. Otherwise, what’s the point? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some badass fight scenes, but I need a lot more than jus that. Otherwise it just becomes stale. Plus, I’d actually like to see Gatts achieve his goal, and get the happy ending he so rightfully deserves. See everyone die…*shakes his head*. Am I the only one who actually cares about the characters or what people? I don’t want to see Gatts and the others live in strife forever.

As for the Berserker Armor, I think it’s pretty cool. However, I’d like to see him find a way to master it or something. I agree, it’s much more interesting to have a fighter who can make precise calculations, rather than just blitz out every time. Besides, that approach is already becoming old fast. I think that’s what Miura is setting us up for. Something big is coming, and it’s going to be some awesome depth, with those amazing plot twists that only Kentaro-san can provide.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I know that it sounded shalllow, but only some of it was serious. In reality I don't want any of the new characters to die, I like the new characters alot. I have been liking this part of ths story for the story development, but I think he is pacing it slower is all. Where before he was more story battle story battle, now its story and more story then battle. It feels slightly different, but in general the series constantly changes its feel, and it has always been for the better. I think that one thing Miura does well is setting the mood of the story with guts' mood. When guts is angry the story is darker and more violent, but when he is in a good mood and eveything is going well the story is much lighter and less violent, even the fights aren't as dark at these times. One of the reason I like berserk so much is its got the good Ultra Violence, but balances it out with one of the best stories out there. It hits the two extremes.

I honestly like the progression guts is making. I remember when he first left the Hawks and then came back he realized he wanted to lead a party then they all died he went solo again, buit now I think he is starting to remmeber its nice to have a party. Its nice to have help. And if I want to get the good fights I generally do go back and reread. I like story development alot. I like character development too. I was morstly joking wiht my comments above. Especially hte part with him dieing to griffith. I have a strange sense of humor that generally envoles me sounding serious, but in forums its not the best, cause you end up sounding well serious. Most of it was just joking though in the sense, boy that woudl be neat, but boy that woudl make the story suck. Plus I don't want these characters to die, especially since I think he needs them to have a chance of beating griffith. At his current level he has no chance of beating him alone, but then again, when he uses a little strategy it goes along way.

And I agree with you, Starnum, about guts and stategy, I was saying he doesn't use it before battle, but once he gets in battle he can figure out strategy in no time. I think its more instincts for him, but if he thought before he went to battle he coudl figure it out as well, but thats not his style. His style is the swing first think later. But when he thinks boy he can come up with some creative ways to kill the enemy.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Starnum, yes, he does use strategy, but quite often it involves him taking a beating. I forgot about the Wylde chapter.
I must say even though everyone liked the chapter with Wylde, I didn't, so I only read it once, and then with little attention. It was too much mindless slaughter of innocents and too much weird relish in relaying the rape and slaughter.

So well, I may have missed some of the strategy there.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Personal, i liked the manga being more darker and dramatic, like it was before when he was alone but it was good to see that he started to become family wit his new buddies. Its just been pretty less dark n dramatic recently wit the little guys runnin round fightin. But the next chapter looks like it'll get goood. can't wait to c it
Last edited by Luck- on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Arresty: There you go! Much better. ;)

Brainpiercing: Ah, that’s too bad that you didn’t like the Wylde fight. It’s one of my favorites. Ah well, no biggie. Anyway, there is indeed some strategy there. Like Arresty was saying, Gatts tends to get to the strategy later. His natural instinct is to just kill his enemy but cutting them down, no problem. However, when that doesn’t work out, as is often the case with higher-level apostles, then he can really shine with his tactics. For example, you might remember the fight with Roshinu, another of my favorites. She was moving so fast that he could barely see her. However, by crossing his arms and peering through them, he was able to narrow his scope, which actually made it possible for him to see her. That’s kind of like looking through a pen hole in a sheet of paper. If you wear glasses, it can actually help you see a bit better when you have them off. That’s why people squint to see well. The fact that he knew that, and thought of it in battle, is just amazing. However, you’re definitely right about him taking a beating first. Heh, that’s kind of how he gets it in his head that he’d better start thinking. Surely you’ve heard of the Guts attribute. It allows a player to stand back up, even after their HP has reached zero. Heh, is this a coincidence? I think not. ;)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

251 is about to come out soon, why da hell is this thread still goin then
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Because you like butt pinions. :P
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Not to mention that "coming soon" and "now seeding" are two different things. I'll stop posting here when I have a 251 post to clutter.
Deserve victory.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Nah just continue to post here til chapter 300. No point stopping. Not to mentio we don't talk about 250 anymore.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The only reason i dont like the berserker armor is that he cant go really berserk anymore like he use to cuase if he do,he might lose himself to the armor, like he did the last time.
Last edited by Libaax on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah. Which is why I don't think he is fighting as much now. All the fights that have happened recently he just sat back and watched. But he could learn to prevent that from happening that woudl be awsome. So we can still see his face.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe the witch will come up with a spell that can bring him back if he gives in to armor so he can fight without worrying about that.

Or something like that cause he cant sit back and watch when they are up against the apostles.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah. I agree. Maybe have the little kid come back, the one from the beach. Who I believe is Casca and Guts's child, somehow reborn, but that child was able to pull Guts out of it on tbe beach with much more ease the the little witch. So maybe he will come back and help again.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I hate all of you!!!!!

.... at least everyone on this page.
Whoa ... i didn't think that my post would phase anyone. But look at that, it turned into a sizeable discussion.

It was kind of a pointless post. I was just sayin that cuz the whole Sonia/Roshinu conversation was pretty retarded.

Carry on ....