Ch 250

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

hehe. Matt from Salt Lake City (Chad's old flatmate). I realized who you were when you added your location, even if I expected it to be the case when you recognized the FFXI auto-translate function comment. Not a lot of people use the Gaiseric handle.

edit: Excuse the off-topic, all.
Deserve victory.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

ahem, please keep personal stuff out of the forums. Regardless of context. If you must, use PM only.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Freaky.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Lucky-7
imanewbie

Post by Lucky-7 »

They need to change "Berserk" to "slightly annoyed"

I mean.. where all the action at?

Also.. covering gatt's face while he fight's in that armor is a real bad move by the author. I'm gonna miss is grimacing hate filled rictus...
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Well, you still get a decent amount of what's inside the armour. You can't deny that it's awesome to see his inner demons manifest into physical form... and really pissed off.
Deserve victory.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Lucky-7 wrote:They need to change "Berserk" to "slightly annoyed"

I mean.. where all the action at?

Also.. covering gatt's face while he fight's in that armor is a real bad move by the author. I'm gonna miss is grimacing hate filled rictus...
All to true.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, and hopefully he won't always have to use the armor.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I only think he himself should get some strength from somewhere, not by using a puny armour.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

You guys make it sound like the armor is bad thing... he actually looks good in it wit the cover off. But it would be cool if he did get like new armor n stuff. That would probaly be too much work for mr. miura i guess...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Were talking about mostly his face i think. Like when he fought Roshinu. Some of them faces that he had during that fight were badass.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

yup, that's true. The fight with Roshinu had some of the best berserk faces in the series.
Brainpiercing
User
imanewbie

Post by User »

C'mon guys, the title is BERSERK and he's wearing a BERSERKER ARMOR.
Remember the FMA thing about Equal trade. In this caste it's sanity for strength.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

that's not what people are complaining about.
Brainpiercing
Lucky-7
imanewbie

Post by Lucky-7 »

Berserk isnt cassern.

As some o you might know the name "berserk" is derived from germanic legend of a warrior that fought using no armor instead rellying on his fury.

berserk is derived from the term "bear-serf", or bear coat.

so the whole armor thing is rather out of place. I wouldnt mind it so much if we could see his face while he fights tho.

(if he ever gets to fight again -_-)
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I would think that in Gatts' case in the terms of the manga, it's more likely to be derived from Norse Mythology, where the Berserker is a much different thing:
In old-Norse sagas, they were warriors who dressed themselves in bear skins, to make use of the fear common people had for wild animals. They whipped themselves up to a sort of battle frenzy, biting their shields and howling like animals. They were ferocious fighters and seemingly insensitive to pain while this madness lasted; berserks made formidable enemies. In their rage they even attacked the boulders and trees of the forest; it was not uncommon that they killed their own people. The belief in berserks can be compared with the belief in werewolves; both are magical transformations of humans who assume the shape of an kindred animal.

They are also sometimes called Ulfheônar ("Wolf-skin-clad Ones").
But of course this is all debateable.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ya the female equivelent are the viking women who assaulted the enemy with bare breasts to confuse them.....

er.... why didn't Miura make a manga of that?
Brainpiercing
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Some weird naked woman got possessed by a demon and tried to get kinky with the dragonslayer. That's pretty close.
Deserve victory.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Griffiss wrote:Some weird naked woman got possessed by a demon and tried to get kinky with the dragonslayer. That's pretty close.
Griffis puts up an interesting point.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ya, but that's just one scene, plus we've already complained about it that she's getting a grip on herself.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

One of the best things in this manga is Guts crazy and evil face when he fights and so i hope soon he will fight again like he use to so. The Armour is cool and all but his fighting face is priceless.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

With the beast armor he doesnt really use strategy either...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

He never used a lot of that, it usually consisted of getting beaten up and then shoving the cannon down some apostles throat. Now personally I think if he can avoid getting beaten up and just kill stuff then that's fine with me.
Brainpiercing
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I meant strategy of his diffrent weapons...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

yea wat did happen to all those strategic attacks like when he was in the band of hawks they had plans. hmm nm gutts just fought like usuall. but it would be nice if gutts uses more strategies
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its pointless using strategies when you fight soldiers or monsters that you are alot stronger,you can just hack and slice them.....

But against the apostles he might need a good fighting strategy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran