"LOST" *Spoiler Alert*

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: "LOST"

Post by Loeviz »

Time will tell, right about now I would like to have 4-5 episodes to watch in a row.
1 episode is to short :P

Edit: Saw the latest episode and Im even more confused :P

[spoiler]Its going to be real interesting to find out why Said (Sayd?) is working for Ben now, even more so why they want to kill people.
Seems like you were right Starnum about the Island being surrounded by some sort of time altering layer.
Ben said in earlier episoded hes never been of the island since he came there, then why did he have all those fake passports and different currency.
It smells like hes working for some kind of agency. I mean, who else would make all the passports and given him the money?[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Episode 5... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ben agrees me with me :shock:
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, last night's episode was awesome. I knew time travel was involved! That's probably why the distress signal is useless, because the island is way in the past.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Suddenly it dawned on me, one of the original inhabitants and, others, that was there before Ben and recruited him as a child. Richard, I just recalled he looked exactly like does now, as he did when he met Ben when he was a child in the jungle. An other who has been there all the time, that doesnt age. The effect of time on the isle says alot about that weird thing we saw with Richard way back.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I have stopped watching Lost because it is so FUBR that I cant take it anymore... what happend to the black smoke?? What happend to the Black Kid and his dad?? Are all the polar bears dead.... It just keeps giving us questions with no or little answers that have bigger question attached to them. I am starting to hate it more and more every day and wish for heroes.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well if times does stand still or something on the island it explains why no one can give birth to a child there.
The episode was really good, still want to se more from the present of Ben and Sayid.

[spoiler]How is Faraday going to remember who his constant is if he looses all his memory when leaving the island?
Yeah he has it written it in his book but if he looses all memory how can he know that it is written in the book (Or know to look in the book at all to begin with)? :P[/spoiler]

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sandman wrote:I have stopped watching Lost because it is so FUBR that I cant take it anymore... what happend to the black smoke?? What happend to the Black Kid and his dad?? Are all the polar bears dead.... It just keeps giving us questions with no or little answers that have bigger question attached to them. I am starting to hate it more and more every day and wish for heroes.
I disagree, I think it's just really complex, but I've found lots of answers to sate me. What do you mean what happened to the black smoke? It's still there. Walt and his dad, Michael, well they probably disappeared. I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I doubt they could just sail away. The polar bears? Who cares, their may be more *shrugs*. We're already learning so much more about the island, and how the magnetic/electrical storm that surrounds it, and the effects on time because of it. We're making progress, as we learn more about the event of how the oceanic six got off the island. I don't know if time on the island itself is standing still, but yes, the guy that recruited Ben as a child doesn't look like he's aged much at all. Possibly it's because he HASN'T been on the island the whole time. They seemed to have a way off the island with the sub easy enough before, so maybe it has something to do with that.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

episode 5 was waaay to good.

[spoiler]time travel in a sense. it techinically isnt like any type of time travel we are use in stories. The better question to ask is why do they have such high tech phones, but a shitty boat? and seriously, Faraday is a nut case. Loeviz, the message was written back in 1996. Faraday in the past wrote that Desmond would be his constant, so no in 2004 he now knows what his constant is if it would ever happen to him. Also Faraday mentions to himself that he needed his notes, so maybe Faraday was going through the same thing? and used Desmond to secure himself.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well maybe they have to pass through the storm, or certain areas to "time-travel", that they just can't reach with a boat. Their using satellite phones now too, so maybe that makes it better than a normal radio wave frequency. *shrugs*
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah you could be right Halfnhalf.
Maybe his brain has become damaged from all the radiation :P
Good question about the phone.
I just remembered that when they called the boat in this episode from the Island, a woman answered.
Didnt see her on the boat at all.
Would be a little weird if they had two boats :P

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Loeviz wrote: I just remembered that when they called the boat in this episode from the Island, a woman answered.
Didnt see her on the boat at all.
Would be a little weird if they had two boats :P

[spoiler]remember how for awhile they couldnt get ahold of the boat, and when the woman replied, she said Minkowski is out and cant answer, the dude that had the same problem as Desmond was Minkowski, the radio guy. Knowing Lost, a second boat wouldn't be out of the question. After going back and looking at a few scenes, also anyone notice that in 1996 Widmore bought the diary book from the ship the Black Rock? That is the same ship that is on the island, you know where Sawyer killed Locke's Father. Also the item number was called 2342, the same numbers that Faraday told Desmond to tell '96 Faraday to set his machine to.[/spoiler]

Now i know we put spoilers in here if you arent up to date witht the show, but can we just forgo the spoiler tags? I mena if you clicked on this topic then you want to talk about Lost, so you must be up to date. I dont know, i just think that there should be only one spoiler tag, on the title saying that this thread contains spoilers, enter at your own risk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:Now i know we put spoilers in here if you arent up to date witht the show, but can we just forgo the spoiler tags? I mena if you clicked on this topic then you want to talk about Lost, so you must be up to date. I dont know, i just think that there should be only one spoiler tag, on the title saying that this thread contains spoilers, enter at your own risk.
Yeah, totally. I'll set that up. ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: "LOST" *Spoiler Alert*

Post by halfnhalf »

i can't believe i miss this.

[spoiler]http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Eloise[/spoiler]

man and When i read Slaughterhouse Five back in high school i LOVED that book! My friend was all about how the recent episode was so refreshing in the ideas of time, but i knew while watching that i've seen it before.

i want the next episode of Lost NOW!
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I agree about spoiler tag being pointless, hence why I havent used one so far.

Whoever asked about Walt and Michael, its very likely Ben made a deal with Michael (another then, other the one which he made him do by killing the women and freeing him), and as thanks gave Michael the right longtidus and latitudes to get out of the Island. And very likely it was to the direction of the boat. Quite likely too that Michael is on the boat, and whatever deal they may have might include Michael being his spy on the boat (Beside Miles, who was very cryptic like they were speaking in codes, with Ben "are you sure its 3.2m? why not 3.3 or 3.4m?"). About Walt, he is by far one of the mos connected to the island, and Jacob, we will indeed go back to him when push comes to shove in the big mysteries.

Regarding Faraday, he isnt nuts, it evident he suffers from the same conditions as Desmond. Firstly his first flashback/flashforward we saw, him crying and shaking infront of a tv set showing news of the planes crash. He is asked what is it, why is he upset.... and he says he doesnt know, clear sideffect of the time warp jumps that happend like with desmond(his past concioussness jumping to a future he doesnt know anything about). Plus couple eps later, we see him and charlotte playing cards, she is testing him and timing how long he remember the cards. They are clearly trying to figure out if his memory is still effected while on the isle. And ofcourse, the big giveaway of writing back in 96 that Desmond is his constant but not remembering it. He has a whole book of scientific things he needs to remember, to solve this mystery.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I totally missed that Minkowski was the one suffering from the time warp on the boat.
I didnt even remember that Faradays future scene could be explained by the memory loss effect until now, it makes sense though :)
If Michael and Walt did get of the Island, wouldnt they be one of the Oceanic six survivors then? They still havent shown all of them so It could be possible.

Edit: Ok so after having seen episode 6 I believe that Bens "guy" on the boat is either Michael or Lockes ex girlfriend.
Michael seems to be the more logical choice though, How would they else know where to find the Island.
Also seems like Ben told Michael to go to Withmore if it turns out to be the case, setting a trap?