Tough

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Tough

Post by Libaax »

"I am part of a new scanlation group called KO-Scans that just started scanning Tough. It is a Mixed Martial Arts manga about a guy named Miyazawa Kiichi. I dont know much more about it cause information is limited to fluent japanese readers and i am far from it. Here is the torrent for the scan if you want to check it out
http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/ ... 17069f88ef 7c7138a549ea27286e0f49cf

and on a related note, I love the work of Evil Genius and hope my little ass group can get a taste of what makes them good. If you like it you could help out by becoming a text setter or a translator. We (more like me) are considering doing JJBA series 4 cause the scans out there are horrible and we have another project called Paradise which is a boxing manga which i want to get off the ground but i need another translator. So if any of you guys might want to help then ill send you a copy of the raw for that"

-N3oShweaty

Libaax:

I made this thread cause N3oShweaty cant make a thread here yet and i know him Dynamite Glove forums.

Also we can talk about Tough here.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

thanks man. I hope you all enjoy this and if you like it then you can expect more at the end of the month/ early next month
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I liked the first chapter alot and looking forward to chapter 2.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

ahh this is too bad.. i cant d/l with bt since my school blocked my ports.

anyone want to hook it up for me?
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i got your back, here is a mega upload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUESXMS4

i see your from SoCal, im heading to college out there
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

This looks pretty good.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

if you mean the quality of the stuff, then thanks, but if you mean the manga itself then we both feel the same way. I cant wait to take this project forward
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

We desperately need some translators for other projects that we want to start including Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series 04. If you want to help out please dont be shy
Finito

Post by Finito »

By serie 4 do you mean Arc 4 (v29 to v45)?

Double post is against rules by the way.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

N3oShweaty wrote:We desperately need some translators for other projects that we want to start including Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series 04. If you want to help out please dont be shy
EG desperately needs translators as well, so I don't think it's actually wise to advertise recruitment here. Stealing our recruits, you know.

Again, we do need translators, Chinese or Japanese to English translators.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Finito

Post by Finito »

You dont want Korean translators?
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Eldo wrote:
N3oShweaty wrote:We desperately need some translators for other projects that we want to start including Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series 04. If you want to help out please dont be shy
EG desperately needs translators as well, so I don't think it's actually wise to advertise recruitment here. Stealing our recruits, you know.

Again, we do need translators, Chinese or Japanese to English translators.
you are right, but still if you have like 2 translators you have just doubled what we have. It's just frustrating looking for translators when i know there are people out there who help other groups who seem to just plain ignore me. I have posted a recruitment thing on another website and it has gotten 200+ views and not one person has even given it a second thought.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I've posted in many threads about recruitment, which has gathered hundreds if not thousands of views, made recruitment notices in all of EG's releases, and also note the request recruit message in the sigs of Oro, Laik, and mine. The response for translators has been appalling, while editor applicants has been overwhelming. I need all the translators I can get, and less competition would be nice...

Don't start too many projects if the group can't handle it, because you'll kill the only translator you have. I know some new groups that were started without a translator, so they had to beg and ask some other groups for either a joint or steal translators. Frankly, Chuck Norris is the blame.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i didnt mean to try to steal translators i just thought if any had time to spare or was interested that could help both of us out. Seriously, if people wanted to be on evil-genius scans, i dont think my tiny ass group would do anything about it.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Well you could scan the first volumes of Tough done by Viz instead or if you can get the french raws I can translate it in english, same for Jojo.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

the first few volumes that tough release is from the first series. This is the second series. If i could get some french raws, i would but i wouldnt know where to start
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ok there is a 2nd serie, didnt know. Well the second serie wont be published in another country for a while now I guess.

Edit: Koko Tekken-den TOUGH is the name of the first serie, do you know whats the full name of the 2nd serie?
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Tough, thats the only name i have ever seen on the official website, both in english and katakana
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ah well they did like Baki I guess, its just thats its harder on google to find info on the serie. What is the official website address?

Well if your looking for translators desperatly, you should put more adds, in places like Bakaupdate forum, Manga Jouhou forum and other popular places.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i put one in the mangajouhou person and not one person said anything related to translating despite the fact that there have been 200+ views. Ill check out the bakaupdates forum. Here is the officlal site: http://annex.s-manga.net/tough
Finito

Post by Finito »

You might want to subscribe your group on bakaupdate too.

The link doest work, is the site down or its an error?
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i guess it is down cause i used to work for me
Finito

Post by Finito »

Chapter 2 is out. TY KO-Scans

The site is working now and I had a look, I feel the need to watch the 1st serie now.
There is a manga on Oton(Kiichi's father) too, only 4 volumes.
That other monsters manga that Tetsuya did grabbed my attention, looks pretty good!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Which other monster manga?
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

alright here it is, Chapter 2 of Tough. here is the direct download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETCJ7AFD and here is the torrent: http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/ ... 4809c62160 96d3d189b4a5013a663f3 (make sure you highlight the entire thing and paste that into your browser)

please download the direct download and help seed. Enjoy the release. We still need translators and typesetters so feel free to email me at gilrules2000@gmail.com if you are interested.

i guess i forgot to post that here.

You welcome finito. I do this for the fans so i hope you guys enjoy it. I wanted to get the manga that viz has out for the longest time but never got around to it. I guess i have to now.