Americans save British hostage no one knew was missing

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Americans save British hostage no one knew was missing

Post by psi29a »

Source
A British man kidnapped in Iraq and held for five days by armed men who threatened to behead him was rescued last week by American special forces and astonished to discover that no one had noticed he was missing.
The next part cought my attention:

For Sands, the escape came after he had surrendered all hope. 'I thought with absolute certainty, "I'm dead - it's now just a matter of the technical details,"' he told The Observer. 'I was strangely calm - there was no point in panicking.'

But the US army, on a routine mission, came to the rescue. He recalled: 'I was in bed and heard helicopters, which I assumed would move on. But then there were footsteps and a banging at the door. It burst open and two young American soldiers came in with flashlights. They woke up my guard and shone a torch in my face. One of them said, "What the fuck?" I said: "I'm a Brit, dammit."'
That is one serious "WTF?!".
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Lucky for him that they found him just by pure luck.
I wouldnt trust the army anymore though, if they didn´t notice you where gone the first time. Why would they notice if it happened again??

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Thats just plain stupid on both countries. How do you not know someone is missing. If i were that guy I would be seriously super pissed. What did the family and friends think after hearing that? In these times, it does not suprise me.
Under Construction!
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

The old adage of "Do not travel alone" is always a good one, especially in Iraq.
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

what was he doing there anyways? a red cross aide or something?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html