Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!)

Post by DrPepperPro »

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

hrm i was to get all the godhand, and put it on display in my house. talk about a conversation piece....
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I wonder who the mystery character is?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I come bearing gifts. Quite expensive gifts actually.
(They get cut off a bit so 'view image' to see the full pic. I shrunk them down about 75% too)

I've got lots more pics but my internet sucks right now.
I'm done with statues for the time being. Until 2010 maybe... :D
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Hi, does anyone have this little Gutts? He's from the fifth serie of mini figures.

I just got him but yet haven't figured out how to give him his sword into his hand. It's hilt doesn't seem to be removable.
Any ideas?
DarkOblivion
imanewbie

Post by DarkOblivion »

Some website is giving out free custom mousepads through some Facebook promotion thing, so I figured why not. Haven't used a mousepad in years, so it'd be nice to give my desk a bit of a rest. Settled on this design:

Switched round the order of the words, since I figured it wouldn't make sense (to the average person) for the panel with the words to be on the left, but the speech bubbles would be read right then left.
NoNickName
imanewbie

Post by NoNickName »

Hi, I'm wondering where is the best place to post/see/discuss Berserk statues? Here? skullknight.net? Elsewhere? I guess there are nowhere reviews of them :(

Anyway, I have some of the little ones and a few bigger ones. Yesterday arrived these:
http://a.imageshack.us/img834/6403/img0893a.jpg
They're amazing :shock:
And I have question: With this well articulated action figure of Gutts came in the box four little tiny unclosed chains. And I dont know what to do with them. Anyone knows?
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

I have a little Berserk collection of my own:

I spoiler tag them cause of the size... They won't mess up the layout or anything but they're not small =p
[spoiler]Image

That thing on the back is the box the small one came in =p
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That is a lot of expensive shit you got... most of it is pretty cool... specially the berserk stuff :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Thanks!

This'll be the next one I'll be getting:
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

I got it by mail a few days ago

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

without a doubt the best piece of anime/manga related merchandise I have ever seen
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I've often wondered what human brains taste like.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Rolos wrote:I've often wondered what human brains taste like.
Careful exploring that; eating human brains can give you Mad Cow disease (it has a different name, since it doesn't come from cows, but it's the exact same disease).
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:
Careful exploring that; eating human brains can give you Mad Cow disease (it has a different name, since it doesn't come from cows, but it's the exact same disease).
Seriously? Even if the victim doesn't have the disease?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

War Machine wrote:
Istvan wrote:
Seriously? Even if the victim doesn't have the disease?
Yep. It's official name is Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease. It's not guaranteed that eating human brains will give you this disease (if you only do it once the odds are actually fairly low) but if it does you're pretty much screwed.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Is that a fact?
Mmm.... Does that only apply to raw brains, or is it valid for cooked brains as well?
I'm thinking a stir-up of various soft meats served a la Provençal with some qinua on the side. May be some garlic bread.
No wine. I hate wine. It's disgusting.

P.S. I'll never understand the point of collectible figurines and statues. A bust I'd get. Busts are awesome, a throwback to the glories of antiquity. A figurine, especially a plastic one, is just a toy you don't play with. They're fragile, expensive, and rarely look as good as a painting.
Why spend so much money on them?

EDIT: If you serve someone human meat and they eat it unknowingly, and then they don't appreciate the joke when you tell them, can they sue you? It's not illegal, right?
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So is it just human brains, or brains in general?

As for the statues, I don't see the point either. I like memorabilia, and I like action figures. However, I can't see the point in spending a bunch of money on something that's just gonna sit there and look nice. I don't mind paying a little bit of money for something like that, but not a lot, and most of the good ones like that seem way too expensive to me. To each their own though. Goodness knows I waste money in plenty of other ways. *shrugs*

Rolos wrote:EDIT: If you serve someone human meat and they eat it unknowingly, and then they don't appreciate the joke when you tell them, can they sue you? It's not illegal, right?
Surely. A punch to the face wouldn't be totally out of the question either. ;)

I'm sure you're just kidding around. Well I assume you are. Okay, I hope you are, lol. Still, in my book that would be totally uncool. There's a lot of pranks I can roll with. Despite my compulsive neurotic nature, I do my best to be easy-going and have a decent sense of humor, but there's some things you just don't do. For me, that would be one of them. Hell, I'd feel uncomfortable secretly serving an orthodox Jew meat that wasn't kosher.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Rolos wrote:Is that a fact?
Mmm.... Does that only apply to raw brains, or is it valid for cooked brains as well?
I think both, but I could be wrong. Why don't you do some research on it? Then you tell me the answer. :D
Rolos wrote: EDIT: If you serve someone human meat and they eat it unknowingly, and then they don't appreciate the joke when you tell them, can they sue you? It's not illegal, right?
Even if it's not technically illegal (I have no idea if it is or not), they could probably sue for emotional trauma, or something. For that matter, if they chose to beat you up/kill you, most juries would probably vote to acquit.
Starnum wrote: So is it just human brains, or brains in general?
Just human brains.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Assuming you didn't commit the murder, you can get in legal trouble for desecrating a dead body (don't know the actual legal term, but there is one). Also for not telling authorities that you found a dead body (or pieces of).

I was looking at the wikipedia entry of the Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease and it doesn't say you can contract the disease from eating a healthy brain, only brains that already have the disease (they mention a case where several people in Kentucky got the disease from eating squirrel brains).
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Kuru's the one you specifically get from eating human brains. It's suspected that the Papua tribes that suffered from Kuru got the disease from an individual with CJD. Kuru and CJD are due to prions, which are proteins that got folded incorrectly. They are incredibly heat stable, such that neurosurgeons are required to destroy prions by heating their surgical equipment at 138 degrees Fahrenheit for a prolonged time, treating the tools with 1N sodium hydroxide, or treating the tools with 5% sodium hypochlorite.

The prions can occur spontaneously (very rare) or you can get them from eating the brains or brain matter (livestock in England used to get fed unused parts of those that were slaughtered, prions and all) of humans with Kuru or CJD, cows with mad cow, or sheep with scrapie.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

So they're even more basic than viruses?
That's remarkable!

Question: If they're just incorrectly folded proteins (high school level biology tells me this "incorrect folding" probably takes place at the quaternary stage), how do they replicate? And if they don't replicate, how can they be of any threat to the larger population?
~Diogenes of Sinope
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

They replicate by inducing the misfolding in the normally folded proteins. These misfolded proteins accumulate and cause holes in the brain (CJD, Kuru, Scrapie, and Mad Cow are classified as transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, spongiform meaning that your brain gets holes in it).

And folding occurs at the tertiary stage, quaternary structure only exists for a protein that is composed of more than one polypeptide, like hemoglobin.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

If i may ask just one crucial question:

Where's the connection between Zodds plushie and any kind of mentioned disease huh? :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Shiva wrote:If i may ask just one crucial question:

Where's the connection between Zodds plushie and any kind of mentioned disease huh? :D
Um.............................Aha! The answer to your question is that Zodd is even more terrible than a disease that eats holes in your brain! Naturally, this extends even to mere imitation Zodd's, such as a Zodd plushie. :lol:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Istvan wrote:Um.............................Aha! The answer to your question is that Zodd is even more terrible than a disease that eats holes in your brain! Naturally, this extends even to mere imitation Zodd's, such as a Zodd plushie. :lol:
*Nice save. High five!*