Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk Merchandise (and plushies!!!)

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:You can send me that Skull Knight, I won't mind. :D
Sure thing Starnuts, what else do you want from santa for Christmas? :mrgreen:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You're not Santa Claus!

Nah, I could just buy one if I wanted it that much. How much did that thing cost you, eight bucks?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:You're not Santa Claus!
Are you...sure? Have you ever met Santa Clause?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well no, not personally, but I had a second-cousin who worked for him. I've seen what Lonewolf looks like, and its nothing like how Mr. Claus was depicted to me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:Well no, not personally, but I had a second-cousin who worked for him. I've seen what Lonewolf looks like, and its nothing like how Mr. Claus was depicted to me.
And are you sure that the pictures he puts up are what he really looks like? It might all be a clever ruse, you know.
anon
imanewbie

Post by anon »

HAHAHA like I would buy any of this crap
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

ban little piece of shit
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:
Starnum wrote:Well no, not personally, but I had a second-cousin who worked for him. I've seen what Lonewolf looks like, and its nothing like how Mr. Claus was depicted to me.
And are you sure that the pictures he puts up are what he really looks like? It might all be a clever ruse, you know.
That's what he looked like when I was watching him through the window. *cough* Ahem, uh, never mind that. >.>
anon wrote:HAHAHA like I would buy any of this crap
Because you already own it all?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:
Istvan wrote:
That's what he looked like when I was watching him through the window. *cough* Ahem, uh, never mind that. >.>
Ooookay. That was more than I really wanted to know, but I guess you do have reason to know that he isn't Santa.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Istvan wrote: Ooookay. That was more than I really wanted to know, but I guess you do have reason to know that he isn't Santa.
Perhaps I'm the real santa and the fat guy you all imagine is just a fabrication set up by the mega-corporations while I go around the world delivering presents? It makes sense right. Everyone flocks to see fat old guys at the mall while I deliver their presents. :shock:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:Ooookay. That was more than I really wanted to know, but I guess you do have reason to know that he isn't Santa.
:lol:

I don't know which is funnier, the fact that your willing to run with it, or that Lonewolf doesn't seem to mind at all, heh.
lon3vvolf wrote:
Istvan wrote: Ooookay. That was more than I really wanted to know, but I guess you do have reason to know that he isn't Santa.
Perhaps I'm the real santa and the fat guy you all imagine is just a fabrication set up by the mega-corporations while I go around the world delivering presents? It makes sense right. Everyone flocks to see fat old guys at the mall while I deliver their presents. :shock:

Heh, nice try mister. My second-cousin-removed was in tight with the big guy though. He'd know if he was the real deal or not, and he says he was. Oh, my 2nd-cousin was "removed" because he's a midget. That's how he became a "helper".
:P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

So I came across a magazine that says the dvd's of Berserk are going to be remastered and released in the new year. I tried to look this up and did find some websites which mention it as well. Although they only slightly mention the remastering.

Even amazon has it for pre-order:
http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Complete- ... 883&sr=1-7
I believe this is how the cover will look:
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.a ... &searchID=

I'm just wondering what this 'remastering' is. Are they going to transfer it from the original or what... I have no idea. But its safe to say I'll find out about it when it comes out. The whole series for only $40 isn't a bad deal.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Cool I just pre-ordered it.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:I'm just wondering what this 'remastering' is. Are they going to transfer it from the original or what...
That's what a remastering is, a new transfer from the original media. Damn, you gotta tell us about all the new things it has, if any. I might just buy it just for the higher quality, although a blu-ray edition would be much better.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

lon3vvolf wrote:To anyone who wants some of the stuff I got a while back, the same guy has the same stuff up again, all going for .99 cents:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Series-3-Mi ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Series-4-Mi ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Series-4-Mi ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/Berserk-Mini-Knight ... 240%3A1318

When I got the whole thing it cost less than $50 with shipping. Good luck!
I got them. I just threw them in a corner though, I have no good place to put them.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

DrPepperPro wrote:I got them. I just threw them in a corner though, I have no good place to put them.
I did the same exact thing heh. Looks like we have a lot more in common than just a huge appreciation for Berserkball omake. Or was that Dragonberserkball Z? Cheers.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm telling you, it's Dragon Ball Zerk. You can trust me on that, I'm somewhat of an aficionado on fusion techniques, and that includes smushing names together. ;)
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Hmm the Berserk remastered thing has been delayed and the estimated date of arrival is now 03/23/2009 - 03/27/2009.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Does anyone else find it slightly messed up that Amazon credits the voice acting director of the dub (Michael Sinterniklaas) rather than Naohito Takahashi as the "director"?

It always kind of bothers me when I look at the "credits" for an anime on a site like that and see nothing but Western names. I mean, I'd like to think we've progressed a little bit since the days of Voltron when it comes to giving due credit to the people who actually MADE the show, as opposed to the people who localized it. No disrespect to them or anything, I think they did a fine job, just saying.

And besides, is anybody ever honestly looking at an anime they like on Amazon and thinking to themselves, "Boy, this was such a great show, I wonder what else the DUB DIRECTOR HAS DUBBED?" Isn't it far more likely that they'd want to know what else the ACTUAL director has been involved in?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

And besides, is anybody ever honestly looking at an anime they like on Amazon and thinking to themselves, "Boy, this was such a great show, I wonder what else the DUB DIRECTOR HAS DUBBED?" Isn't it far more likely that they'd want to know what else the ACTUAL director has been involved in?
While in general I agree with you, I would point out that there are a wide range of dub quality. So when you find a good quality one, you might want to see what else the dub director has done, on the grounds that the dub quality might be good in all of said dub director's works. Mind you, I virtually never watch dubs, and I agree that the actual director is a far more useful peace of information, but it seemed a point worth mentioning.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, most dub directors suck, IMO. I think they should give credit to both or something, but it does help to keep an eye out for the good dub directors. Without good directions, good voice actors can't do their jobs properly, usually. However, with bad directions even good voice actors do badly. :?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Right. And a good director will (presumably) at least try to get good voice actors for the dubs.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Istvan wrote:Right. And a good director will (presumably) at least try to get good voice actors for the dubs.
The only english dub I can think of that had good/acceptable voice actors for all the main characters, was Full Metal Alchemist. Most english (i.e. US) dubbed anime have these really bold and deep voices for teenagers which doesn't really fit. And I mean both male and female teenagers (which usually are the protagonists), they all sound like they are in their 30s.

On the other hand, I got Full Metal Panic + Fumoffu for christmas, they also did a good job with the voices there IMHO. I do like the german voices better in FMP, but I just cannot watch the german dub for one simple fact: The call Souske SousUke, with a real have intonation of the, otherwise silent, U. I can't get why they deliberately chose to use the name wrong there... english dub has it right, and the german dub came about a year after the english one.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Aetherfukz wrote:The only english dub I can think of that had good/acceptable voice actors for all the main characters, was Full Metal Alchemist. Most english (i.e. US) dubbed anime have these really bold and deep voices for teenagers which doesn't really fit. And I mean both male and female teenagers (which usually are the protagonists), they all sound like they are in their 30s.
Not that Japanese productions are necessarily that much better-- a lot of them stick very closely to the "deep, resonant voices for all males, no matter how bishonen and androgynous / high, squeaky voices for all females, whether they're preteen girls or older femme fatales" model.

I did like the English dub for Berserk; some of the minor characters seemed kind of off, but the casting was quite good for the main three, and that's what really matters.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.