World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I know, right. :P

Well till then I'm going to work on getting my PvP epic gear.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's not always about the gear. Some are the best times can be had by pissing off the other faction. Some people block the questgivers on the island of Quel'danas for kicks, but that's too simple. If an alliance pally drops a consecration to kill his mobs, I'll just walk on it to let the guards kill him. It's pretty darn hilarious.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh, I’m not really down with all that griefing BS. *shrugs*

Well I finally got to do Kara this weekend, got me a pair of epic leg gear, sweet shit. Then last night I got the Gladiator’s Greatsword from pvp’ing, and I freakin love it! Here’s my wow armory page if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Starnum
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I usually don't go out of my way to grief unless other people grief me first. Grats on the Kara gear, they actually let you run as fury? That's awesome.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Thanks. Yeah, well we had a pretty tough prot spec warrior with us too for tanking, so I was just there for DPS, and a little bit of off-tanking. I know how to tank pretty well, honestly, I've done it plenty. I'm just not really spec'ed for it is all. So a prot warrior is gonna out tank me every time, but I can tank when I need to. My guild is really cool though, and everyone is pretty nice. I doubt I could've gotten a group to go without them, that's for sure, heh. Now that I got that new epic 2h sword though, I should be a lot more useful. :)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah you don't need 2 Deftanks for Kara. Actually a second tank who can offtank and do damage at the same time is probably better because most fights are a damage race. The only fights there I can recall where you need lots of tanking are Moroes (damn I'd killed for a Garrote as awesome as his :D), where I always tanked one of the adds with my rogue even, and the Wizard of Oz in the theatre. But you don't have to be specced Def for that.

Oh and I saw that you are Fury with a 2hander. Wasn't fury usually the spec with 2 fast onehanders, and arms the spec with a hardhitting 2hand?

Anyway cheers on the kara loot. How far in Kara are you?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:Oh and I saw that you are Fury with a 2hander. Wasn't fury usually the spec with 2 fast onehanders, and arms the spec with a hardhitting 2hand?
Yeah, that's what one of the guild mates was saying. I was originally spec'ed for the Arms tree, but just recently changed to fury as it seemed to increase my DPS. I guess I'm just weird for still going with the 2h sword, heh. :P

As for Kara, I'm not sure how far my guild is, but when I went with them, we stopped after beating the mage boss who uses the flame wreath and arcane explosion. That was a fun fight. Also when we did the theatre scene, we got Little Red Riding Hood, so I haven't gotten to see The Wizard of Oz or Romeo and Juliet yet. I'm looking forward to going and doing it again though, think we're doing another run on Wednesday.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, that's what one of the guild mates was saying. I was originally spec'ed for the Arms tree, but just recently changed to fury as it seemed to increase my DPS. I guess I'm just weird for still going with the 2h sword, heh. :P

As for Kara, I'm not sure how far my guild is, but when I went with them, we stopped after beating the mage boss who uses the flame wreath and arcane explosion. That was a fun fight. Also when we did the theatre scene, we got Little Red Riding Hood, so I haven't gotten to see The Wizard of Oz or Romeo and Juliet yet. I'm looking forward to going and doing it again though, think we're doing another run on Wednesday.
Yeah arms is the PVP damage tree (OMG Mortal Strike) and Fury the Raid damage tree.
That mage boss was the shade of Aran, father of Medivh of Warcraft fame. One of the most fun bossfights because you cannot overaggro, nobody has to tank, and everyone has to be moving almost all the time. And if one of your group has Atiesh equipped, Aran will yell: "Where did you get that?! Did HE send you??"

Karazhan is really full of lore which I always digged about WoW... but once they made Illidan killable things to downwards with the lore.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, we're gonna run Kara tomorrow. I asked some guild mates how far they had been, and they said they had been all the way through it, and there was only one boss they hadn't downed. Yeah, it's cool how there's no aggro table on the Shade of Aran. Also, when I heard that they had put Illidan in the game as an actual boss, I was pretty surprised by that too.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Hey is there a certain server evil genius plays on, on wow? I was wondering because I just bought the game.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I currently have characters on: Darkspear, Sen'jin, Blade's edge, Eldre'thalas, Hydraxis, and Draenor.

I hate my life.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think we used to play on Darkspear, but I don't think EG members group together anymore. I play on Shadowsong and Rexxar, you can usually find me on there playing my "Starnum" characters, or some others. Feel free to hit me up or let me know what your C's name is and I'll keep an eye out for ya.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

do you play alliance or horde on those?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I play alliance on Shadowsong and Horde on Rexxar.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Alliance on Mug'Thol.

Under the name Grunbeld.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I hope wow dies
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nope, it's long from it, considering Lich King is coming out next month, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Just got my pally up to level 30 yesterday. I didn't know they got the first riding skill for free (basically), that's awesome. Guess it makes up for the boringness as a class. I play with friends though, so it never gets too boring when I'm questing.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I still hope their servers blow up.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

How come? Because the game is too addictive for our own good? I've never had too much trouble with that.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Well I just hate the game. I only played it for a few hours with the free trial.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You just hate the game? You don't know why? I would argue that a game that has literally days, if not weeks, worth of game-play time content, that a few hours isn't really enough to base a judgment on, but it's whatever really. Do you have any experience with any other MMO's? I've always found them to be a lot of fun, even back in the days when they were all still text based MUDs. *shrugs*
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

wow is boring to play for me. I even gave it a few hours but it didn't get better and I'm pretty sure It would be just as boring with a high lvl maxed out character.

edit:
Starnum wrote:I play on Shadowsong and Rexxar, you can usually find me on there playing my "Starnum" characters, or some others.
Hey do you know someone there on Rexxar named Meenu? Just wondering because a friend of mine sent me this link just for the heck of it (I don't understand it of course).
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The new patch is live. My enhancement shaman kicks ass, but apparently not as much as ret pallies...
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DrPepperPro wrote:Hey do you know someone there on Rexxar named Meenu? Just wondering because a friend of mine sent me this link just for the heck of it (I don't understand it of course).
Newp, I don't know that person, but they're wearing all epic gear, which is pretty sick.

Yeah, I checked out the new patch for a while last night, it's pretty cool. Looking forward to getting the expansion and heading out into Northrend.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Gaiseric wrote:The new patch is live. My enhancement shaman kicks ass, but apparently not as much as ret pallies...
Retpalas have already been hotfixed (the special moves now do physical instead of holy damage which cannot be mitigated) and will get some other nerfs before the addon too. And shadowpriests will get some really nice buffs on the other hand :D

I am still undecided which class I should play first to level 80: My rogue or my priestess. Or even start a death knight, but that I'll probably only do once I have my 2 chars at level 80.