World of Warcraft

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Starnum »

Wait, you have not one, but two lvl 70 toons, Aether?

I hate you.

Heh, just kidding. I don't know, I guess I procrastinate and get distracted with other toons and other stuff too easily or something, because it's taking me forever to get there *shrugs*. For example, here lately I've been leveling a new character because two old friends of mine have finally gotten on WoW, and we all want to play together. I really want to get a flying mount and hit up Kara and shit though, so wish me luck. I hear the new patch is doing away with attunment quests, which is just great news. While it was an interesting idea to do attunments, it was also kind of a pain in the ass. *shrugs*
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Good luck with your raids mate! Karazhan is really an awesome instance. Really loved it and its boss fights.

And yeah I got 2 70s. Oh and I also got the epic flying mount on my rogue, which was awesome for breezing through outlands. As I said, my Priestess was my main before the Burning Cursade. Raided Molten Core, Zul'Gurub and AQ20 with her with my raidgroup. And got some T2 gear and saw some AQ40 bosses when one of the best raid groups on my server were in dire need of a priest on some occasions. And although I was skilled shadow most of the time, they loved my heals :D

I never really liked her with the holy talents because you were so gimped when doing anything but raiding. And shadow while nice, wasn't doing top damage and didn't bring any support to the raid besides 1 shadow priest for the +15% damage debuff. So then I grinded a twink, my rogue, to 60. Really grinded, with leveling guide where the most XP per hour could be made. I still know I spent levels 50 to 54 in some camp in Ashzara killing the same mobs over and over because they spawned fast.

Anyway then come Burning Crusade and I started raiding with my Rogue. And while I always had a raid place (being guild officer and raid leader and the likes really helps if you have a class that is pretty much expendable :D) I somehow missed the awesomeness that was being able to heal in tight situations, and a rogue in raid pretty much plays like a 3 button character (well probably any class does when it comes down to maximising dps/heal/tanking). The irony was that with the Burning Crusade nobody wanted Holy Priests any more, because Paladins, Druids and even Shamans had the same if not better healing output, but everyone and their mother wanted Shadow Priests for the awesome group mana regen.
But my train was pretty much gone - switching mains another time wasn't really an option as we were finished with Kara and slayed the first bosses in the 25man instances.

Damn I miss my Priestess :(
While roleplaying a Troll in general was awesome (I could RP him completelys drunk/stoned all the time :D) I had some really awesome RP sessions with my undead Priestess.

Anyway when I got completely bored of DPSing in raids (while it's definately more fun than watching 40 green health bars to drop and hit a button when one does) I wanted to get a tank to 70, but never did. He stranded somewhere in the 30s as all my other twinks.

But come Age of Conan, I will finally take all the hits for my comrades, and sweep around with my sword and/or spear in enemy masses :D
I don't know if I will choose a Guardian (full Plate tank) or a Conquerer (Heavy Armor Tank who can wield 2handers), but I am sure I will call him Guts and kick royal ass with him :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I hit 65 last night, and I'm half way to having enough gold for a flying mount. I should have it all by the time I hit 70, hopefully. I gotta keep this momentum going, wish me luck!
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

hehe, well good luck with that ;) It's not too hard to save the money for a mount if you don't waste money on silly AH purchases or enchants on gear you'll replace anyway. I got my epic flyer on my pally pretty quickly that way (i.e. about 8 months after I created the character, and a lazy 5 months after I hit 70 on him, lol). I love my shadowpriest, but I don't get to play him too often. They really buffed them for BC, because I can easily be in the top 3 damage in Kara, especially with all the stuff I decked him out in, lol (about 1200 shadow damage self buffed @_@) Don't play him much anymore tho, since my newer mains are my pally and druid. Got bored at one point and almost dropped them completely due to lack of dedicated players in the guild, but my friends and I merged guilds and now we seem to have a shot at later content, which is interesting. We still have to deal with noobs though, and although we have the man-power to progress, enough people in the raid lack the skill and judgment to really help the raid. What we end up with is many 1% on easy bosses like Void Reaver and Solarian, lol.

But I'm getting antsy and feel like pushing people's buttons now, and toy with the idea of going ret instead of holy on the pally, and boomkin on the druid instead of the common feral or resto. Stop by sometime, and look up Fauker or Yeorp on Jaedenar and say hi ;) Or if I get tired of raiding, I sometimes go on Azandir, who has moved to Sisters of Elune (and will probably rot there)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, well I'm thinking about getting my first ground epic soon. I would like to save up for my flying mount, but I figure if I have to buy both riding skills anyway, I may as well get my ground epic mount first. I'm at riding 75 right now, and someone told me I have to buy 150 before I can buy 225 (or whatever the exact skills are). Seems to make sense, but that means once I drop 600 gold for my epic ground mount, I have to start saving all over again. :?

I better get to work...
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Once you get the first flying mount, things get easy. You can then do the daily quests in Skettis, and eventually, in Ogri'la.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I can't wait. I got riding 150 last night. So once I make a bit more gold, I'll be getting my first ever epic mount. I'm pretty psyched about that.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Also you will need a flying mount to get into the tempest keep instances. Cheers on the ground epic mount tough :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, I have done it! I got my first epic ground mount last night, went with the Swift Stormsaber, and I also hit lvl 66, woot! Yeah, I know about how the flying mounts are important to doing instances like Kara, so I'm all about that. I've only got 4 levels left till I need to have over 1000 gold. *Sweats* I don't know if I can make it in time. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

You're an ally? *grunts* 8)

Swift Stormsaber... that would make you an elf?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeahs son! I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything when you brought up the whole troll thing *mumbles elven obscenities about the horde under his breath.* but we're all straight baby. You know, you bloods can kick it on your block and all, we ain't gotta hate. It's all good in Outlands, X-Pack 2k! *chest pound, chunks up the deuce* :P
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Starnum wrote:Hell yeahs son! I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything when you brought up the whole troll thing *mumbles elven obscenities about the horde under his breath.* but we're all straight baby. You know, you bloods can kick it on your block and all, we ain't gotta hate. It's all good in Outlands, X-Pack 2k! *chest pound, chunks up the deuce* :P
I need to try sayin that on an RP server. Have you ever thought of rolling a BE since they're more elf-like? Also what class are you? I roll an undead priest and God-knows-how-many-below-level-20 alts. It kind of sucks to make cash since I really can't farm all that well, but now that I got the +healing enchants on my gloves, wrists, and weapon, I should have no problem saving up another 6385g for that hippogryph mount...
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah cool, yeah. BE are great, and indeed look more like my kind of elves. My main just happens to be a NE is all, he's a warrior. Yeah, I seem to be making gold alright, so I'm not sweatin it. :)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Only a dead Elf is a good Elf. 8)

Anyway you do know that Elves are descendents of Trolls, aye? Which makes Trolls officially the most awesome race in history. Mon!

On a sidenote: LOL - http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/communit ... y.html#185
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that's only in WoW that elves evolved from trolls, which I think is ridiculous. WoW trolls aren't really normal trolls though, they're pretty original. In ancient fae lore, trolls and elves aren't even close to related, lol.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:Heh, that's only in WoW that elves evolved from trolls, which I think is ridiculous. WoW trolls aren't really normal trolls though, they're pretty original. In ancient fae lore, trolls and elves aren't even close to related, lol.
Yeah of course that only relates to WoW. Usually elves don't bring almost Armageddon upon a Planet because they are so power hungry, that only happens in WoW too :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Level 67, woot! I'm running around in Nagrand doing all the quests I can now. After buying my epic mount a few days ago, I've already saved up over 600 gold. Can't wait to get my flying mount. :)
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

yeah, just keep questing, you'll get mad money. Even after you get the flyer, keep doing all the quests you can and the dailies, and you could even get to 5k gold without too much time and effort ;)
I need to get that bear mount in ZA though, that's my next dream, lol. I have a good team that can do it if we just got around to it, we can already do the first 2 timed events, and should easily get at least the 3rd down in time. <3 ZA 10-mans are just a lot more fun in general than 25-mans, imo
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Level 67, woot! I'm running around in Nagrand doing all the quests I can now. After buying my epic mount a few days ago, I've already saved up over 600 gold. Can't wait to get my flying mount. :)
All I hear people talk about these days playing WOW is in regards to pursuing there own flying mount. What are the advantages for having a flying mount, beyond simple fast transportation? Do they help you fight as well? And are some flying mounts better than others?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Hell yeahs son! I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything when you brought up the whole troll thing *mumbles elven obscenities about the horde under his breath.* but we're all straight baby. You know, you bloods can kick it on your block and all, we ain't gotta hate. It's all good in Outlands, X-Pack 2k! *chest pound, chunks up the deuce* :P
:LOL: Starnutz you're such a geek! :LOL:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:
Starnum wrote:Level 67, woot! I'm running around in Nagrand doing all the quests I can now. After buying my epic mount a few days ago, I've already saved up over 600 gold. Can't wait to get my flying mount. :)
All I hear people talk about these days playing WOW is in regards to pursuing there own flying mount. What are the advantages for having a flying mount, beyond simple fast transportation? Do they help you fight as well? And are some flying mounts better than others?
They let you get to places and instances you cannot travel on foot.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, which is exactly why I want one. Before I found that out, I wasn't terribly worried about getting one, but I really want to do the instances like Kara. I just hope we'll be able to fly in Northrend when the next expansion comes out.
The Prince wrote:
:LOL: Starnutz you're such a geek! :LOL:
No shit! :mrgreen:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

My old guild from back in the day have all come togheter again and now they are chasing me down with a blow torch to come back.
Dont really know if I want to really, doing raids take so much time.
Anyone here that can tell me if they have made a follow up quest yet to make the Thunderfury better?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sorry, I don't know about that. I have a pretty good guild though. They're all friendly, and willing to help each other out. That's what I like about it. The other day I got to run SH with them, and I won a sweet rare item drop. It's a level 68 plate helm called the Helm of the Unbreakable, or something like that. Now I just need to gain about 4 more bubbles of exp and I'll be able to wear that bad boy. I plan on making 68 today, that's my gaming goal for this evening. I'm really close though, so it shouldn't take terribly long.

**Edit**

70 at last! Got my flying mount and everything. 8)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Nice your 70. Now in a couple of weeks when the expansion comes out your reduced back to nothingness!!!

lol. congratz.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.