Berserk Chapter: 266

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk Chapter: 266

Post by psi29a »

BERSERK

Torrent: [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v30c266.rar

md5sum a195943010a0322197f89611c65d5fa0 [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v30c266.rar

Info Hash: 20826153c397d6a35f37e8a81a118d981365db9f

Next Raw Chapter 267 Release Date: January 13th, 2006

Note: This is the end of Volume 30, I will release a volume pack soon.

Volume 30 Torrent:
[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v30c257-266

For those that just finished up exams, here ya go:

Ripped shamelessly from baka-updates. :D
Last edited by psi29a on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
oracle
imanewbie

Post by oracle »

TNX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nice i totaly forgot Berserk were coming out :P

What a suprise :D
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Great chapter, made my day as usual :)
Roderick might turn out to be a nice guy after all, but i´m still not whole heartedly convinced.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

thanks(as alway's) :D

finally a good fight and it seems that the story is going forward. hope they get to the boat on time :wink:
dylec
imanewbie

Post by dylec »

It's a day early! I thought this is released on 12/22, but hey I'm not complaining. :D Thanks.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

dylec wrote:It's a day early! I thought this is released on 12/22, but hey I'm not complaining. :D Thanks.
Still true, it doesn't get released in Japan till the 22nd.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Great chapter! I wonder if he'll start the next volume off with a bang like he did with volume 27. That started with him taking on Grunbeld after his armor transformed. Pretty exciting beginning to a new volume. I hope he's planning to do the same thing for volume 31 :thumb:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

A great chapter, nice fight. Guts showed he will take a beating to get the results as usuall. I didnt know he could jump so far,maybe the armour is making superhuman like.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

PLZ thank Wandering_Mystic & Eldo for this super quick release,those 2 are miracle workers.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Oro wrote:PLZ thank Wandering_Mystic & Eldo for this super quick release,those 2 are miracle workers.
And Starnum for staying awake to do some QA work with me. :P He is a trooper.
Last edited by psi29a on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Oro wrote:PLZ thank Wandering_Mystic & Eldo for this super quick release,those 2 are miracle workers.
No problems, Oro, just glad to help. A big thanks to Wandering_Mystic for translating it for real and also to the rest of the staff that helped and were so supportive.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

And also i would like to make fun of this retarded group called lluminati-manga who thought they could steal berserk from us,just like they did Gantz form shockwave,Naruto form Inane and OP from Null.Why do i call them retarded,they are pretty decent...cuz they posted on there forums that they want to do berserk and thought we will never find out or we cant scanlate faster than them,what a bunch of dumbasses.

heres the thread:

http://www.illuminati-manga.com/forums/ ... d.php?t=15

edit: sorry oro, had to add this in. Don't go bashing on their forums, it is just rude. -- psi29a
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I don't know their intentions, however the proper thing would be for them to ask first before picking up a series.

From what I've read, it was just a suggestion and frustration vented for us being two days behind the raw release. ( Can we say impatient? )

Even if they do release Berserk, that is their decision, doesn't mean we will stop, ever. If I'm not mistaken, EG was founded on releasing Berserk scanlated chapters, what makes any group think that we would stop?
Last edited by psi29a on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha what fools think they can steal Berserk from EG when they are only a speed subbers. I read thier GANTZ,Naruto cause they are fast but i would never read thier Berserk cause the quality diffrence beteween them and EG.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thanks everyone for the fast release.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Thanks guys, much apreciated.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Thank you. EG always makes a nice translations.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

First, thanks as always for a very fast, very high quality release.
Great chapter! I wonder if he'll start the next volume off with a bang like he did with volume 27. That started with him taking on Grunbeld after his armor transformed. Pretty exciting beginning to a new volume. I hope he's planning to do the same thing for volume 31
I'd also like the chapter to start with a bang, but I hope he doesn't end up losing control of the armor again. Doing that seems weak to me, and given how awesome Guts is, I don't want him to keep losing to the armor.
A great chapter, nice fight. Guts showed he will take a beating to get the results as usuall. I didnt know he could jump so far,maybe the armour is making superhuman like.
I think he was using the movement of the trunk to give himself a boost, actually. I'm pretty sure that for the armor to enhance his abilities it has to activate, and Guts didn't let it do that.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was thinking that using it several times has changed him alittle but Guts jumping that far on his own isnt impossible.
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Thanks again.
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'd like to let everyone know how fast EG put this chapter together. The whole thing took less than 12 hours, from Oro finding the raw to the torrent being put together by psi. Thanks a lot and congratulations on pulling this together with so much panache (I bet I didn't use the word properly).

With that out of the way, I'd like to take my time to bitch on the current state of Berserk.

What the hell is going on with this series? It's been lacking so much focus in the last few chapters that I'm not sure what Miura is up to anymore. I checked the first chapter of volume 30, it was the end of the fight with Serpico (which was arguably a waste of time itself with no real impact in the story), and from then to now I cannot remember a single part of the storyline that had any kind of real impact or progression. I know Ganishka showed up somewhere, and I remember Guts killing some lesser demons, but that's about it. No progress in the story and not one memorable moment at all. I thought, like most of you I assume, that Miura was taking his time with story development, but look at how the early chapters progressed and look at chapter 30. It's not even on the same level.

Another thing the series has lost from the early chapters is the dark atmosphere it had. Now it's just some magical LotR nonsense, which is good in itself, but not really good for Berserk. Guts' major struggle these days boils down to him being able to hold back the armor or not, which we see rising for the trillionth time in this chapter only for absolutely nothing to happen.

There have been no apostles, no major character aside from the main party and almost zero story development in this volume. Just for how long have they been trying to reach Elfheim anyway?

Miura has come through with great stories in the past so I'm sure (hope at least) he will do so again, but these last few chapters have been very poor story-wise and this last one really made me shake my head in disappointment.

Discuss.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Great, I get the see this before going home to my parents, with no internect connection worth talking about. Superb work as usual from EG.

Femto I think I get your meaning, but possibly he's just moving in a different direction for now. Personally I think there are already too many characters, at least they should lose Roderick and Farnese's idiot brother quickly. It also seems like for Guts-gumi the fights have taken on a rather comic style, only Guts ever gets a beating. Well, whatever.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Thanks for the release as always EG.

As for Berserk being disappointing now a days, yeah, I would agree with that. It is the main reason why I am not on it like a hawk like I used to be.
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

darn that was fast :shock:

a big thanks. i will make sure to seed for a good while.