Intelligent Design Policy Naturally Not Selected

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Intelligent Design Policy Naturally Not Selected

Post by Killfile »

Cross-post from my blog - since no one has noted the story yet.
I wrote: Dover Pennsylvania: A metaphorical smoking crater is now all that remains of the already faltering credibility of the so called “Intelligent Design” movement. When the Dover County School Board ruled that schools would include the half-cocked, right-wing, religious-psudo-scientific-propaganda in the biology curricula of the school district, they didn’t count on the overpowering backlash of reality.

In a few short months, residents of the school district voted the pro-ID school board out of office – to a man. Rather than bow to the overwhelming force of thousands of angry parents, the school board maintained the policy through its “lame duck” session until United States District Judge John E. Jones III ruled the policy unconstitutional.

About bloody time.

Thus it goes. Another radical agenda without regard for the fundamental rights guaranteed under the US Constitution is consigned to the dust bin of history. Doubtless in 50 years school children will read about this time in history and wonder what the hell was wrong with the Baby Boomer Generation.
Also reported (though less vitriolicly) by CNN.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Good, thank god it turned out this way!

[/irony]
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

It's quite obvious to many people that Intelligent Design is simply Creationism wrapped in a new fashion, and using clever wordplays to get the fact across that an "all powerful being" created the Earth and all we know.

Therefore it would be considered mythology. I don't see what would give this idea any more credence.

And of course mythology does not belong in a science class in a public high school. Seperation of church and state, as well it does not follow a scientific theory. It's supporters sure seem to tout that evolution has gaps in the theory, has a lack of evidence, and that it can't explain complex life forms, but what kind of evidence do they have towards Intelligent Design?

"Why...just look around you! This had to be the work of Go-...I mean a higher power! As read in our books! Now open to Psalms..."

It's about time that this false science got thrown out of the schools.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

I agree with you 100% newbified.

A CNN poll had something like 53% of americans feel it is ok to teach intelligent design. Which makes me question the intelligence of my fellow americans deciphering from science and myth.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I vote for the talking monkey theory.