"Just A Goddamned Peice of Paper"

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

"Just A Goddamned Peice of Paper"

Post by Killfile »

According to Capitol Hill Blue, a libertarian (that's WAY far right) internet news-zine, President Bush's take on the United States Constitution is that it is, "just a goddamned peice of paper."

This total lack of respect for the Constitution - the document that quite literally provides the basis for the rule of law in the United Sates, goes a long way towards explaining the Bush administration's seeming nonchalance about issues like privacy invasion, torture, and the separation of church and state.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Don't believe everything you read.
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ucrzymofo87 wrote:Don't believe everything you read.
I DONT BELIEVE YOU!

I always assumed just from his actions that Bush didnt really care for the constitution.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I big part of me wishes that were true, but I have to wait and see if more news of this pops up at other sources.
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

The president of the biggest and baddest nation in the world doesn't care about basic human rights.

I think I'm in love.
Everything that is right is wrong, and everything that is wrong is right.
And I am always right.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Buzkashi wrote:I always assumed just from his actions that Bush didnt really care for the constitution.
Same here, his actions made it seem that he did not give two shits about the constitution. The lack of seperation of church and state is proof enough.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I was thinking the same thing as Buz and Ayanami here.
I wonder if Bush can even read, can he??

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Despite the history of cronism in the Bush family and the undisputed importance of the so called "Good Ol' Boys" network in getting into the Ivy's during Bush's youth, the fact remains that he managed to graduate with a C average.

Further, if you look at the footage of his gubinatorial debates - it becomes clear that, when properly motivated, Bush is a fairly adept public debater.

I'm not suggesting that he's the sharpest knife in the drawer; but Bush isn't the illiterate redneck frat-boy the rabbid left would make him out to be (yes, even we leftists have our crazy fringe -- we just don't let it run political parties).
Carthago delenda est!

ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Killfile wrote:(yes, even we leftists have our crazy fringe -- we just don't let it run political parties).
Sadly, the Democrats are run by a crazy fringe by the name of Howard Dean, who has done a fantastic job of not raising money for the party (his primary function as DNC chairman) and dividing them on key issues such as Iraq.
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

ucrzymofo87 wrote:Sadly, the Democrats are run by a crazy fringe by the name of Howard Dean...
I'm curious - exactly which positions of Mr. Dean's are "crazy fringe?" Specifics please - and kindly provide corresponding data for the general population.

I'll even set you on your way. Here's Dean's website.

In comparison (and this is just off the cuff) the Official Republican Party Platform supports a constitutional ammendment that would outlaw abortion. Yet, only 16% of Americans support an outright ban on all abortions. Even when the language is expanded to its most lenient, only 37% support such an ammendment. [source]
Carthago delenda est!

ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Here are Dean's comments about Republicans which can only be described as fringe statements.

He has called Republicans, "liars", "brain-dead," and "corrupt."

source

He has stated:

Republicans are "a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same. They all look the same. It's pretty much a white Christian party." (Not taking into account that George W. Bush received 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004)

"The Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people."

Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives."

source

Dean has also opined with a racist joke to the Congressional Black Caucus saying:

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

source

Do not get me wrong, I love Howard Dean. He destroyed the Democrat party in 2004 and he is going to destroy it again in 2006. The Democrat Party is not raising money on a level even close to being able to compete with Republicans. Howard Dean is frightening away those moderate donors to the party and he is scaring away the moderate center of American politics. It is not unlikely that the Democrats will lose more seats in the House and Senate next year.
source
source
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

So basicly you're claiming that Dean is "crazy fringe" because he thinks the GOP lead by stupid, corrupt, liars that were born with a silver spoon in their mouths and that appeal to a white middle america rather than minority interests.

Yea - because no one thinks that.
Carthago delenda est!

ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Like I said earlier, keep him as DNC chairman. He will be the worst thing for the Democrat Party since Walter Mondale.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: "Just A Goddamned Peice of Paper"

Post by Shisho »

Killfile wrote:According to Capitol Hill Blue, a libertarian (that's WAY far right) internet news-zine, President Bush's take on the United States Constitution is that it is, "just a goddamned peice of paper."

This total lack of respect for the Constitution - the document that quite literally provides the basis for the rule of law in the United Sates, goes a long way towards explaining the Bush administration's seeming nonchalance about issues like privacy invasion, torture, and the separation of church and state.
It's just a piece of paper.