Gaming in school

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

hmm theres an anime club in my school, the very few japs in my school go there. i could go there and ask em but kids in those types of clubs are real freaky...they all like the old buzkashi except its worse when you witness them act in person rather than on a forum :lol:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ahahah intersting people you got.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

its not horribly bad, the magic club is worse...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We got the Yugiohers at my school, we call em the runners.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

interesting... magic clubs? Whatever happened to shooting dice in the hallways to scrape up enough money for extra fries at lunch?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We throw dice alot, but we get caught sometimes. Our APs are like stealth ninjas.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

not allowed. cause its "potential gambling instruments". the dice that is, psi
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We played dice alot in football though, I lost a lot. But it wasnt for a lot of money, i think i lost about ma ybe 15 dollars the whole season.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

dos.azn wrote:not allowed. cause its "potential gambling instruments". the dice that is, psi
Bring in a board game like snakes and ladders...

As for potential gambling instruments, I had that one back in primary school...but that was not dice, but rather monopoly money.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Eldo wrote:
Bring in a board game like snakes and ladders...
im a senior in high school bro...

besides you wouldn't need to. you can hear dice rolling but you can't hear texas holdem :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

dos.azn: that works too, every thursday night on campus is booze and texas hold'em. you learn so much when you head to university. ^_^

back to topic... we need resources, or an anime addict that works for cheap.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I remember back when I was in middle school, like years and years ago...Heh, we used to role-play in the library. This one time the librarian tried to take my dice. Nah see, you don't even touch a role player's dice, let alone try to confiscate them. I was all like, "Nah, that's okay. You may leave now." *Chuckles* It was funny. She was all like, "I'm serious." So I was like, "Yeah, so am I." So I got in trouble about it, but no one ever touched my dice...It was a battle well picked, heh.

Anyway, my best friend is a Japanese minor, so I'll ask him to look at it on Monday. Don't expect too much though. I might be able to learn a few tidbits if I’m lucking.
Kaze
imanewbie

Post by Kaze »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I remember back when I was in middle school, like years and years ago...Heh, we used to role-play in the library. This one time the librarian tried to take my dice. Nah see, you don't even touch a role player's dice, let alone try to confiscate them. I was all like, "Nah, that's okay. You may leave now." *Chuckles* It was funny. She was all like, "I'm serious." So I was like, "Yeah, so am I." So I got in trouble about it, but no one ever touched my dice...It was a battle well picked, heh.

Anyway, my best friend is a Japanese minor, so I'll ask him to look at it on Monday. Don't expect too much though. I might be able to learn a few tidbits if I’m lucking.
Hahah I really can understand the feeling. I've got some histories too about the "Touch my dice and die" theme :D
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I have a anime club in my school but we play games more then watch anime.

Capcom vs Mavel 2 is one of there favorites also Tekken(not a big fan) makes the list too.

We had a D&D club called the Medieval(is the spelling right) Society that i was apart of, but it bombed after our gaming club came out.
Jn183
imanewbie

Post by Jn183 »

HEH... UNO was consider gambling when I was in HS. So go figure how strict my HS is. *sigh*
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

If you know how and when to do things in my school you can get a way with anything.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I think Magic was banned by the parents, because Magic is satanic. Oh wait that was cause my school administrators were Nazis. Kids were playing it in class too much or something. I stole some kids deck from him to try the game out. I didn't like it much, and man his deck sucked ass.

Well anyway we mostly played Quake2 and ran Q2 Deathmatch and Team servers most of the time from the networking admin class. When the regional network manager started sniffing for game packets and getting pissed off about our gaming we went over and blocked the Q2 data from leaving our segment. Game on.

Man we really didn't do a lot of work in that class. When I was a senior there I had all my classes completed except for a foreign language class, so I had network admin, cisco net acad., and study hall. I switched the study hall to be an aid for the network admin class so I was in that room llike 90% of my day. (Playing Quake every period basically.) It was a pretty relaxing way to end highschool.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I remember playing a lot of games during high school. We played Quake, Quake 2, Counter-Strike during Cisco class (although I still did the work at home but played games at school), dopewars was a lot of fun, I managed to get everyone who took computer classes in high school hooked on that game. I just started playing it one day, pretty soon after every computer in the classroom had it and everyone was playing it. My teacher started to crackdown on us severely in Cisco because some other students who weren't in the class would come in from time to time and obviously would go to their teacher and complain. He told us that we either had to quit playing or turn the sound down pretty low and turn the monitors off when people came in.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:My teacher started to crackdown on us severely in Cisco because some other students who weren't in the class would come in from time to time and obviously would go to their teacher and complain. He told us that we either had to quit playing or turn the sound down pretty low and turn the monitors off when people came in.
Those fucking narcs. I hate them!

It seems my school's computers were too shit to run any games at all. They only had *educational* games, while it was fun trying to learn french whilst matching the words with the corresponding animal....

The teachers monitored the rooms like a fucking concentration camps. And they claim to read the history logs (which I doubt).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

My teacher tried to tell us that if we tried to copy and paste all the questions/answers from the cisco tests through keyboard shortcuts, the test would freeze up and we'd get an automatic zero. Of course no one dared to test this theory just so they could help someone else out for their next test. I never really had to cheat anyways, it was too easy but most other people in the class didn't want to do work so they scammed their way through the whole course.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

since i didn't start this thread and my post was actually from an off-the-wall thread, might i ask whoever did this why you split that thread and why is it in the berserk forum??
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

because it has nothing to do with berserk, and your post was the first to deviate from berserk.

I had asked if anyone could help translate, not if anyone has clubs and if they do.. how freaky they are. The thread continued down that path.. and I felt it was good enough to continue (for whatever reason) on the off-the-wall.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:because it has nothing to do with berserk, and your post was the first to deviate from berserk.
Hey, no problem.

*feels guilt-free to SPAM*

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Eldo: ... GUILT FREE SPAMMING!? *picture dilbert with eyes of fire ready to burn you to cinders*

Even in off-the-wall, we follow topics, well.. most of the time. Same rules apply. *grin*
Last edited by psi29a on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Psi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: