What to expect in Elfhelm?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Balor645 wrote:I like the origional picture of her more eldo.

(Nude retarded animated women... God I'm so pathetic. kill me please.)
nothing wrong with that
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

MrFelony wrote:
kjutte wrote:Puck sucks. If they're worse than him over there... Hell, I'd rather stay.
I heartily disagree. Puck is the only other light besides the hope that things can possibly turn out well. he is the comic relief. I dont know if its just me, and it probably is :), but puck is my favorite character and i know I've been pretty vocal bout that. If you can't appreciate the comedy that Muira provides through puck then its your loss :wink:. but besides that. I expect the group to meet up with some important wizards in Elfhelm, maybe kill some apostles or some monsters tormenting the Islands, and receive some sort of reward that will help them in their journies/quests, be that killing griffith or curing casca.
Personally I really like the gloomy parts of Berserk, and Puck really opposes that, you know. But hey, that's just me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, I like both the gloom and the glee! See, that's diversity and varied taste...good for the soul. ;)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Puck provides the light-hearted comic relief that makes Berserk score extra points as one of the best mangas around.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Eldo wrote:Puck provides the light-hearted comic relief that makes Berserk score extra points as one of the best mangas around.
Short and strait to the point. Exactly what I think. If it wasn't for Puck berserk would be way to serious and dark for its own good.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Puck makes up about 30% of the reason why I read Berserk. C'mon, last chapter was great with the humour and all. If his character didn't exist, I'd probably won't have the same feeling of anticipation for the next chapter. :)

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He is good through the slow and the exciting parts. He is a constant. Plus he is just fucking hilarious. To really appreciate him you have to look in the background when you least expect it, he does the funniest stuff in the background. Gotta love him.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, he's always cracking jokes. You've just got to keep your eye on the little guy, heh.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

A little comic relief is good here and there. But I wouldnt mid either way. I mean death note has no comic relief at all and i love it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, it just depends. I mean, I could do without humor in Berserk too, but I do like it being there. It's a nice touch. If Puck had never existed, I wouldn't be concerned, however, if he died now, I'd be sad. :(
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oh god if puck died that would be horrible.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Exactly. Now imagine that feeling, and apply it to all of Gatts' companions. That's how I feel about them. ;)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I could do without Serpico.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The anime didn't have Puck, and that's one of the biggest factors which makes the manga better. :wink:

If Puck dies, I'll have to go to Muira and through 'extortion', try to convince him that fallen Elves could be revived by a resurrection potion: Phoenix Tear. :P That is, if he doesn't want any terrible things to happen to him while driving to work... :evil:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I like Serpico. I guess you didn't get my point. Do you want to hear about how people could do without Puck?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum wrote:Well, it just depends. I mean, I could do without humor in Berserk too, but I do like it being there. It's a nice touch. If Puck had never existed, I wouldn't be concerned, however, if he died now, I'd be sad. :(
I agree with you completely, except I think more would have to change without puck, of course he does play major parts in some parts of the story, but excluding that, I was more referring to comic relief. They still had comic relief without puck there. In fact the golden years for the most part was much less dark. I think the contrast between the first 3 volumes and the next 10 would have been huge without Puck. You would have had to make the Golden Years arc much darker, or it would have gone from dark as hell to light. Just would have been awkward and felt different.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

what would berserk be without the little fairy puck