What to expect in Elfhelm?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, guys... Feel free to take this elf orgy idea to the Stupid Theory thread. Anyway, I think Gatts has pretty much recovered from his encounter with Slain. He's had several chapters of downtime now. I sure hope he's ready for some action soon anyway.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah Guts looks alot better now then he did several chapters ago. He has had plenty of bed rest, in fact he even got up recently, that is a plus. But Guts has very high stamina, and heals quickly, we could see that from back in the Band of the Hawk days, like after he fought 100 men, he just got up though he should have had bed rest, or after the Zodd fight when he was practicing the next day after being hurt worse then Griffith. He heals fast and can handle alot. I believe he is in pretty good shape by now. I think this is probably the longest he has ever rested in his life. Can you name a single time in the manga where he was resting, until now?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sure, but I do agree that this time seems like the longest he's ever spent recovering. Though, that may only be because of the slow releases. *shrugs*
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum wrote:Though, that may only be because of the slow releases. *shrugs*
I think a lot of the slower story and stuff is all because of the slow releases. I read the first 27 volumes in like 2 days, so waiting 2 weeks for a chapter just seems slow. I wonder if it would have felt the same way at some of the points earlier, but this part of the story right now, though, is just slow, but but somehow has me craving it so much more. This slowness is getting me anticipated, I just feel like something big is around the corner, but still a few chapters off. Not sure why but I still feel ike it should be slow for a few more chapters. Like the calm before the storm.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

You're talking about physical attacks that he healed from. Again Zodd isn't a godhand member that wounds both body and spirit. He might seem fine for now but lets see what happens next time he gets in an intense fight.

Just look at what Griff did to Cask. Yeah we could say it was the whole assault but remember he was a godhand. Their powers are mysterious indeed.
"Context is for Kings"
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

anyone expects a big fight in Elfhelm??

a think the next big fight will NOT be in Elfhelm. perhaps Guts will be back on active duty before that. Just to test his reactions after his well earned rest
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

The action will probably happen in that city they're currently in. Remember Sherikes vision.
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I’m thinking something is going to go down before they get out of the city too. The Kushan are probably going to show up or something. If we’re lucky maybe there’ll be an apostle too.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Maybe the city will be destroyed but Silat will show up with a boat and take them to elfhelm? He is a prince isn't he?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but he’s not in good favor. Besides, I’m still unsure of them teaming up. I don’t know, the thought of it just seems weird. It’s possible I suppose. I guess we’ll see.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Silat seems like an honorable person to me. I think hes just trying to help his people.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Silat seems like an honorable person to me. I think hes just trying to help his people.
But he's too honourable to join with someone who defeated him in combat. It'll be awkward and humiliating for him, I think :? .

Do you just like Silat or what...?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Bah, he's a filthy circus fighter! :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well him and Pippin are my favorite Characters.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think they will work together sometime later since they have the same objective, but I don't think they will team up really. I think it would be more of a you do this and I do that, and then we can all go home victors.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think Silat will show up anytime soon maybe he will meet Guts and co later when they are on their way to elfhiem but not right now.

Also didnt he start to dislike his king when he saw what a monster he was if so why would he be with the Kushan army.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah. I don't think he would be with the Kushan army now. I don't think he will meet up with Guts again for a while. Maybe not until after elfhelm. But I don't think he likes the emperor either. I think after seeing that he may be realizing that he is not a good guy.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, Silat's a honourable person, and I think he's also loyal to his country too. I think it'll take every fibre in his body to abandon the king of his country, but I think it'll be inevitable that he leaves. So far, the story has made no further indication that he will fight alongside Guts, but they'll probably end up fighting for the same purposes...to take down apostles and every evil creature they meet.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Since when was being an assassin honorable?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Since when was being an assassin honorable?
Ever heard of honour amongst thieves Starnum? :P

Well, I really had no idea that Silat was a blade-for-hire to the king, I thought he was just serving his country :? He's an interesting character, but I classified him as honourable because I thought he was serving his country and all, but I haven't read back enough to totally analyse his character. The two Kushites that follow him around seems to respect him.

Maybe honourable is the wrong word. Change it to proud or something. :?

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hey, I thought of what to expect of Elfhelm. ELVES. And plenty of them. And there'll be trees too, and birds singing under the radiant sun...until Griffith comes with his band of the hawks and burn the place down. Somehow, I don't really see that happening. :? :oops:

yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

It could be the only place where there is no disease, poverty, war.. or something like that !
i'm Here !!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

What if Puck didnt mention Elfhelm before because he was exiled or something.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

I don't think so. Puck was surely bored and went into the wide world....
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Puck doesnt seem that kind of elf that i mean what can he have done to be exiled.

I also think he got bored,if i lived in a place where everything was perfect i would also be bored.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran