Nintendo DS

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Sandman wrote:FUCK Surgery Games if I wanted to do that I would have became a doctor :razz: Same goes for that lawyer game that is out... FUCK that :evil:. Those games are gay... if i did play the surgery game I would mess up on purpose :twisted:
Oh well, don't complain that DS games are easy if you only want to play the easy ones. ;)

Have you tried Advance Wars DS? That game can get ridiculously hard.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Best DS news ever.

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log ... tml#sequel

Ketsui is gonna be on the DS.
Syoyohara
imanewbie

Post by Syoyohara »

speaking of good news im really interested in the mistwalker ds game "ash". It sounds interesting as it seems to be a SRPG that uses FMV which sounds like shinning force on steroids. I hope this games makes it to the states.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I have not heard of any thing. Got any pics?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well it is ALL Pre-rendered was announced back when Cry-on was (about a year or two ago) and only has two pictures out so far. Oh and it is scheduled to release this year, definitely. I'm interested but I want to know what I am getting into.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

I really wish they would import more games on the DS over from Japan. There are some great quality games that I think could sell well or rather WOULD sell well in the US. The games I want the most are Jump Super Stars and Dragon Quest Monsters--Joker.
Last edited by Muddtoad on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Muddtoad wrote:I really wish they would import more games on the DS over from China. There are some great quality games that I think could sell well or rather WOULD sell well in the US. The games I want the most are Jump Super Stars and Dragon Quest Monsters--Joker.
http://www.play-asia.com

Oh and those games are Japanese...
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

I know the play-asia site well, but they aren't in English. And my bad..... I meant Japan, I don't know why I said China haha. Considering I'll be making video games someday haha.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just started to play FF 3 but I cant get into it. Sure using the stylis is cool but I dont know its just way to pixely for me but I guess I should give it a chance.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

That Jump Super Stars game is over rated. I hear the Bleach game made by Treasure is dope as hell though.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

MadDogMike wrote:
Sandman wrote:FUCK Surgery Games if I wanted to do that I would have became a doctor :razz: Same goes for that lawyer game that is out... FUCK that :evil:. Those games are gay... if i did play the surgery game I would mess up on purpose :twisted:
Oh well, don't complain that DS games are easy if you only want to play the easy ones. ;)

Have you tried Advance Wars DS? That game can get ridiculously hard.
I am most missed you calling me out :evil: Well my previous statement stands, I mean come on there is no way those games can be fun or interesting.

As for Advance Wars DS I havent tryed it but I plan too and I know from the other releases that this game is challenging... I cant wait for a Fire Emblem DS now those games rock and are pretty hard.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Alright you guys, it looks like I'm the one who's going to have to address the newly released elephant in the corner of the DS library: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

I bought Diamond one Sunday and I like it so far. Since I was really big into Blue and Red back in the day and not much else, it does wax nostalgia quite a bit. There's a lot fo extra stuff in there I'm not too fond of (Like the Underground and the Super Contests) but since they are optional I can't complain too much about it. Like the rest of the series, if you like Pokemon you're obviously going to like this game, but it's also a great game for a beginner to get into since they changed the requirments for a full Pokedex (Now you only have to SEE all 150 Sinnoh Pokemon to get a "Full" and not neccesarily catch) so you don't have to buy both games to See 'em all.

Anywho, if anyone else wants to post thoughts, teams, or possible trades we can do that here. If it gets to big enough we can make a new thread, but I wanted to air on the side of caution in case I'm the only person who got the game.

I also just wanted to point out if anyone has a Female Eevee or a Male Eevee & a Ditto they were willing to trade (Even in the GBA games), I will love you long time (I'm trying to make an "Eevelution Team").

And on another note, I wanted to point out that Skorupi can suck on my balls. That bastard took almost a full assortment of Safari Balls to catch. Asshole.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'll be getting Diamond in a couple of weeks for sure.

Pearl is for girls.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I finally picked up my reserve on SNK-Capcom Card Fighters DS today. Man if this is what we got after almost 2 months of delay I shudder to think what the original release might have been.

PROS:
*Cool Battle System - I never played the original Card Fighters, but the battle system is pretty awesome. It's fairly intuitive for anyone who has played Magic: The Gathering, which was nice for me

*Great Roster - Think of any Capcom of SNK character you can and they are most likely in this game. With over 150 character slots to fill on each side, it's nice to see a "Capcom Versus" type game that shouldn't have simply been re-translated to "Street Fighter Versus"

CONS:
*NO WIFI! - This had to be a resource issue rather than anything. It's a damn shame, but nothing short of someone sending a few million dollars in a briefcase with a note attached would have changed this.

*SNK Engrish is Back (With a Vengance!) - It's very obvious that no native english speaker got NEAR this project. Now normaly this is something you just get over with SNK Games (Heck, I even get a few good laughs from it) and would not be an issue, except for the fact that correct wording is essential for understanding how card abilities work. You look at a card game like Magic, and the wording on cards has been examined, tested, changed and changed back over the course of about a decade in order to eliminate confusion (To and from native english speakers no less). Yeah in SNK CF, not so much. It's not a huge issue later on in the game, since careful reading and experience will tell you what is up. Though it would be nice to know for sure what exactly a card does before you use it in battle.

*Glitches - According to the internets there is a seemingly easy to catch glitch where you can freeze the game or something (Apparently if you talk to someone named John twice on the 9th floor the game glitches and freezes). Also there's supposedly a Card Duping Trick, but since there's no WiFi this isn't too horrible (Except for anyone you play on Wireless)

All in all I don't regret buying it, but I'd have gladly taken another 6 months of even a year of development to fix some seemingly simple problems. However I know Ayanami bought it, so the capability to play against a human is not lost.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You know, Engrish was amusing back when it was sparsely used in fighting games.

It's ridiculous for players to have to struggle with a bad translation in a game where I assume good explanations and communication is vital to understanding the system and gameplay.

And glitches in the main quest?

What the hell was the QA department doing other than not playing this game?

SNKP is nothing but a bad joke these days.

I'll pass on this game.

Thank you.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Speaking of glitches, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin froze up on me once for no apparent reason.

Any who, being the complete card game dork that I am, I am enjoying SNK vs Capcom Card Fighter very much so. The translation is really bad though, no way around it. You find your self playing a card just to see what the hell it does because of confusion in translation.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

In news that should come as no surprise to those that are well versed in Square-Enix's money hungry business mentality, a FFIV remake for the DS has been recently announced.

Despite the fact that I have no love for Square-Enix these days, I might consider purchasing this because I never actually played IV and FFIII on the DS was pure old school love.

There were also a couple more Final Fantasy titles announced including one for the PSP that looks like a brawler/fighter/whoknows with various FF characters that I couldn't care less about.

Square-Enix's idea of a good game = anything with "Final Fantasy" in the title

How many upcoming FF titles does this make?

A dozen? Couple dozen?

FFIV scan follows:

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

God I tried to love IV it was so cool but it doesn't hold up. Not to mention that your main squad consisted of King Arthur, Guinever, and Lancelot. God I hated those three.

Which reminds me, I should go and kill Zeromus now.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Welp, I guess I'll have to play FFIV... again. I don't mind.

At all.

I'm beginning to suspect that Suq-Dix' (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!) DS department, while still subject to the money-hungry management, might be the most potent of all development branches in the company. FFIII was seven kinds of awesome, and while DQIX would sell like hotcakes if it was just a white box labeled "Dragon Qes XI", it's not like it won't be good.

Expectations for FFIV, set to high.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ok killed Zeromus, the ending was cute but the game didn't age well especially when set next to Chrono Trigger (came with it in FF Chronicles). God i hate Kain, Rosa, and Cecil though oh and this.

And that is the truth, god that happened so many times.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I wish the graphics on the DS were a bit better. FFIII hurt my eyes a bit, hopefully for IV they'll rework the engine to make it look better.

Ive still got my Snes FFIV. Ah the memories.

I'm sick and tired of all the remakes. But if FFVI gets remade, Ill cry tears of happiness. Too bad Suq-Dix... does what the name entails.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

lon3vvolf wrote: I'm sick and tired of all the remakes. But if FFVI gets remade, Ill cry tears of happiness. Too bad Suq-Dix... does what the name entails.
With the recent release of VI for the GBA I highly doubt that will happen too soon.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote: I'm sick and tired of all the remakes. But if FFVI gets remade, Ill cry tears of happiness. Too bad Suq-Dix... does what the name entails.
With the recent release of VI for the GBA I highly doubt that will happen too soon.
I'm sure Square-Enix will be ready to milk FFVI again by the time IV is out and V is remade.

I'd probably buy all of them.

Maybe.
a-choo
imanewbie

Post by a-choo »

Pokemon pearl or diamond anyone? Add me (0013 9474 5934) or leave your friend code here! :)

PS. if you have a DS and you don't have this... you're missing out big time. :D