Nintendo DS

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Im on mission 33 in trauma center, im expecting a doctorate degree in medicine from bakanagaijin University to come in the mail after i have beaten the game. I also own dawn of sorry but i got to the last save point and decided to go back and gather all the souls before i beat the game. Finally got that blasted iron golem.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

The Fallen wrote:Im on mission 33 in trauma center...
I've seen him play this. I don't want to be near him when he loses. The man gets angry. Like "I just had a thumb jabbed up my ass" angry.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Youd be angry too if you were wrist deep in the precious lifeblood of an innocent child but you couldnt concentrate on saving his life because some dog nurse keeps trying to tell you what to do!
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

I'm sorry, all I hear is the annoying sound of failure! :lol:

I picked up Partners in Time... so far, I like it. Only like an hour in right now, I'll probably get more into it once I get home on Thursday.

Oh, and uh guys... I'll be home Thursday. As The Fallen will be.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, I know.

I need to get Brain Age. I need Sodoku in my life on my DS.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Ayanami wrote:I need to get Brain Age. I need Sodoku in my life on my DS.
Picked it up last week, haven't missed a day of training yet. I've done about a dozen Sudoku puzzles now... usually takes me 20-30m. Whitling down the time... just can't seem to find the damn patterns!
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Just picked up Lost in Blue and Animal Crossing DS.

Animal Crossing my wife wanted since her friend bought it and she was a big fan of the GC game...but I don't think she's even opened it yet.

Lost in Blue is...interesting. It's pretty hard starting out on the island, as you start off with barely any food in your stomach, low water, and low energy. As things progress further and further it gets a little easier to keep your health up. Once I started fishing I had 100% from that day on.

I enjoy the fact that you can make tools in several different ways, allowing you to upgrade them as you find better objects to use.

The only real beef I have with the game, is the long treks back to the cave =\. I guess the new HM game for GC spoiled me, because I hate walking all the way back while holding the girl characters hand and taking 5 minutes just to get back to the cave.

Still a great game in my opinion.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I got Brain Age, Tetris DS, and Advanced Wars Dual Strike the other day.

Playing Dual Strike now, it fucking owns. Any fans of the Advanced Wars series needs this in their lives. Any fans of fast paced turn based strategy RPGs should pick this action up as well. Can't recommend the game enough. Made me get back into DS action.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Seconded on Advance Wars. Absolutely awesome game, I played it through and rarely had a boring battle.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

So the other day I was just chilling in my friends dorm room. I was drunk so I started to go through his things (he wasn't in his room) and I found his DS. Yea I started to play it, and now I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy one.

The only bad thing is that if I do get one, classes are going to be very fun but my grades might show my new hobby.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Gundam_Bobcat wrote:So the other day I was just chilling in my friends dorm room. I was drunk so I started to go through his things (he wasn't in his room) and I found his DS. Yea I started to play it, and now I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy one.

The only bad thing is that if I do get one, classes are going to be very fun but my grades might show my new hobby.
I went ahead and chose the DS this semester.

Bad choice.

If I were you, I'd wait until June when the DS Lite hits. Pre-order it, depending on demand in your area. Or wait longer if you want something other than white. Or order from Japan (if you can find one). I'm still rocking the OG from over a year ago and am still considering buying a Lite.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Daedelus wrote:
Gundam_Bobcat wrote:So the other day I was just chilling in my friends dorm room. I was drunk so I started to go through his things (he wasn't in his room) and I found his DS. Yea I started to play it, and now I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy one.

I went ahead and chose the DS this semester.

Bad choice.

If I were you, I'd wait until June when the DS Lite hits. Pre-order it, depending on demand in your area. Or wait longer if you want something other than white. Or order from Japan (if you can find one). I'm still rocking the OG from over a year ago and am still considering buying a Lite.

Yea thats what I was thinking. I doubt that I will have to preorder, also this gives me some time to see if i want to kill my grades or not.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Pre-ordered a DS Lite the other day to replace my current original DS. Also pre-ordered the new Mario Bros. game, and I just so happen to have work off Tuesday so I can get it :wink:

Right now I'm playing Partner's in Time. Really good game, has a bit of RPG flavor to it if you're into that sort of thing. The worlds/levels are a bit easy, mobs are nothing too bad. The bosses though, so far, are insanely difficult. The first one definately sent me for a curve.

Picked up the new SMB today. Awesome game and I'm still in the first world.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Daedelus wrote:Pre-ordered a DS Lite the other day to replace my current original DS. Also pre-ordered the new Mario Bros. game, and I just so happen to have work off Tuesday so I can get it :wink:

Right now I'm playing Partner's in Time. Really good game, has a bit of RPG flavor to it if you're into that sort of thing. The worlds/levels are a bit easy, mobs are nothing too bad. The bosses though, so far, are insanely difficult. The first one definately sent me for a curve.

Picked up the new SMB today. Awesome game and I'm still in the first world.
I agree, New Super Mario Bro's is awesome. It's got all the glory of the old games in a modernized format. Im so glad they didnt F*^% it up by trying to add too many new wierd things in it. Definately a must have for anyone with a DS.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

I just finished World 2. So far the Mini-Mario thing is pretty useless and to me isn't that fun. They used Mega-Mario in the very first level for some cool stuff, I liked that.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Wario Party DS!

Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

So I just beat the new SMB. Incredibly lackluster ending to what was a pretty decently hard game.

Hard and easy levels were dealt out sporadically, except for World 8, which was by far the hardest. The final castle was pretty easy and didn't really provide any challenge. I beat the final boss (Bowser) my first time through without any power-ups. The addition of mini-Mario really could have been left out... it was rare that you could use that power-up for anything other than to go down a tiny pipe where a regular one could have been. Giant-Mario was fun though since you could plow through levels, trying to fill your bonus bar for some 1-Ups. I probably invested about 10 hours of playing time in this game and got through with relative easy at the end compared to the rest of the game.

There are a series of Minigames you can play, but these really seem like an afterthought. No initials/symbols for high scores, so if you plan on challenging friends it's up to them to remember who has what high score. Most of the games are incredibly gimicky and aren't really that difficult, all use the stylus. I've seen the stylus do some fun and innovative things, but these games just about all came off as gimicky and boring. To be fair, I played each one at least once and just didn't find one that kept me hooked for too long.

Mario vs. Luigi is fun. It's the same fun you had in SMB3 when you battled each other on steroids. Unfortunately The Fallen keeps kicking my ass.

I'd rate the game 7/10. Not a ton of replay value, since most likely it's just to hate yourself chasing after coins that you don't need once you've beaten the game. Graphics are good, except for mini-Mario... just looks like a couple pixels squeezed together. Sound is good, they actually used it quite well in one part of the final castle.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I started playing Brain Age.

The first day my brain age was about 54 years. In two more days I got it down to 30 even. Then it gradually went up to 35 after playing it a few times while watching tv.

At that point my older bro started playing it again, so i haven't played it since. He had been playing for 2 weeks before i started and his brain age was 45ish.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

First day, my age was 74. After that I came down into the high 20s for about two weeks, then into the low 20s. I hit 20 for three days in a row about two weeks ago and haven't played it since. It's a good game but right now I'm focusing on beating Partners in Time so I can move on to Phoenix Wright that I borrowed from a friend.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I got a DS-Lite, bitches.

Someone tell me what games to buy.

I already have NSMB.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:I got a DS-Lite, bitches.

Someone tell me what games to buy.

I already have NSMB.
Phoenix Wright. They're even porting Gyakuten Saiban 2, hooray.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Somehow I knew you were going to say that.

I was this close to putting "no lawyer or Electroplankton bullshit" in my post.

And by "this" I mean "LordMune is hella gay."
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Just picked up LostMagic. It's almost an RTS battle system with a magic system that reminds me of Black and White (with the hand drawing symbols system). It's a fun game, it's actually quite difficult at the point I've gotten to, but it's still a good challenge and fun nevertheless.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Finally, after months of waiting, they have announced the release date of the Opera web browser for the DS (July 24th). Though there's no american release date as of now, so i may end up importing it.

Here's a nice little review of it. Oh and for some reason there's two versions. One for the original DS and one for the DS Lite.

http://my.opera.com/organicchunkysalsa/ ... dml/309706
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

BasouKazuma wrote:Oh and for some reason there's two versions. One for the original DS and one for the DS Lite.
There is a memory cart that fits in the GBA slot. One fits the original DS, the other fits the Lite.