::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: ::One Piece::

Post by fujinsan »

Did you guys see usopp? He's built like a tank now (well for japanese standards he is.) I can't wait till luffy destroys the fake pirates.
Last edited by fujinsan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah. I'm curious to see Zoro, it looks like he might have lost an eye, heh.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

SO MUCH TEXT
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new one piece is out at mangastream. ot sure of franky's design, but zoro looked really cool. im really looking forward to the next chapters, there hopefully will be a very nice battle (i wont spoil vs which ones for those of u who havnt read the chapter yet) to show the new powers
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, Franky's new design is the only one that I'm not exactly feeling. This is One Piece though, so I'm not really surprised, heh. Zoro on the other hand looks very badass. He's always been my favorite, and it's almost ironic that he lost an eye. I tend to have a predilection for characters with one eye. Guts, Big Boss, Manji, and now Zoro, to name a few. I can't wait to see how much everyone's grown! New World, here we come!
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Did you notice how at first (starnum's avatar) zoro was missing his right eye, and later in the manga it's his left.
Wonder if it was changed in the last moment so it wouldn't be the same as Gutts's.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I was just thinking about that earlier today. It might have something to do with the panels being reversed, but I don't know why that would be the case as we're reading scanilations, not an official American release. I doubt it has anything to do with Guts or Berserk, considering how vastly different the two manga are. It's unlikely anyone would draw that comparison except for hardcore fans of both series like us, lol. It's really rather curious though, because I can't imagine it being a mistake on the author's part either, especially considering how meticulous and consistent he is. I could literally point out several examples of things which were eluded to at the beginning of the manga that didn't have any real significance until the more recent story arcs. We're talking about subtle foreshadowing several hundred chapters before hand. I've read interviews where the guy seriously has explanations for anything and everything, regardless of how trivial the issue may or may not be. He clearly puts a lot of thought and planning into his work, so I'm currently at a loss for the reasoning behind this, other than some kind of editing issue. I mean, there's a small chance he just changed his mind, but I think he'd be more likely to commit to the original design just for consistency's sake. :? *shrugs*
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I hope he has not lost his eye but closes it like whats his face on bleach... although coming out unharmed when training with Mihawk would be kind of unrealistic :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Googled zoro eye and came back that oda apparently made a mistake the first time.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Maybe, but I'll need to see a credible source before I believe it. :P
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

finally a fight :D although it ended quickly it was satisfying, and seems like luffys reward was changed to 400 000 000 :)

i really like that they took a 2 year break to get stronger, cuz they were a bit on the losing streak before
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

According to zoro luffy is ranked #9 in terms of importance to the crew?
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:According to zoro luffy is ranked #9 in terms of importance to the crew?
No he was refering to who got there first to who got there last, 9 crew members and luffy was the last one zoro being the first.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

ah thanks
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Loving the new arc already :D

Still, I hope that the fight doesn't end like that. It would be kinda anticlimactic for that to be their send-off into the New World. Zoro's introduction was much more amazing than them owning those pacifistas.

Another week's wait again >_<
It's funny really. Berserk doesn't get to me anymore because I'm used to the long waits. But One Piece's weekly releases just keep taunting me, giving me a tiny shot of sweet ecstasy before forcing me into withdrawal. It hurts so good.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

Mail wrote: It's funny really. Berserk doesn't get to me anymore because I'm used to the long waits. But One Piece's weekly releases just keep taunting me, giving me a tiny shot of sweet ecstasy before forcing me into withdrawal. It hurts so good.
i second that :)

i study most of my time so the days kinda get mixed together, one piece is kinda my way of measuring time since it comes so regulary :)
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

OK, rereading the past chapter (as I do incessantly) I noticed something interesting about Luffy that I didn't before (cuz I'm slow). He only used Gear 2 on his arm. Seems like he can control it infinitely better than before. I wonder how it'll affect his fighting?

Also with the addition of Haki Gear 3 has been made even more useless than it was before. Will he just stop using it, or will he have upgraded it too?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I don't think Gear 3rd has ever been even remotely useless, lol. Besides, there's nothing to stop him from equipping Gear 3rd with haki as well. As for the bit about the pacifistas, I thought it was pretty badass. Before it took all the straw-hats working together, giving it their all, just to beat one of those things! Now the monster trio can take them down with ease. That's a big indication of how much stronger they've gotten. I can't wait to see some of the epic battles that are sure to arise in The New World. Also, it was really great to hear Luffy shouting about being the Pirate King again. XD
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Well, I meant it was useless compared to Gear 2 in most battles because it was so much slower. But yea, I guess useless isn't the right word. Less efficient then. With Haki, Gear 2 looks to be as powerful as Gear 3 and much faster. I do wanna see them combined with Haki though :)

Alright, the pacifista fight was good. Showed their growth and stuff. It just didn't grab me as much as the character introductions. I enjoyed the little shows of strength from Luffy and Zoro much better, and I felt like if they wanted more action they could make it into a bigger battle with the whole crew. Though there's nothing stopping that from still happening. So if they do have to fight a little more before they set sail, consider my previous post repealed.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

You don't see haki equipped it just is... also I hope gear 3rd doesn't make Luffy small anymore that would be a great improvement to that move... cant wait to see the whole crew in action plus Zoro in three sword style again :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Sandman wrote:I hope he has not lost his eye but closes it like whats his face on bleach...
Maybe he got his eye transplated with one like Mihawk's =)
(kind Bradley style)
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

whats his face doesn't close his eye he uses an eye patch to cut his power in half
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chap out, and they are finally heading towards fishmen island :)
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chap out, and they are finally heading towards fishmen island :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

good to see luffy, doing his job as captain for once.