::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Nope, I gave up on it once it hit the filler, I will pick it back up eventually.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well it's not a filler it's a flashback, in case of One Piece you call it a gift of god, especially if you consider Robin. She's the last character that's not quite part of the Straw Hats (kind of like Nami at the beginning), and who's background is still unknown. We got hints, and it feels like the whole "go to Eny-lobby" arc was a set up to Robin's background story (which underline its importance), and the prelude to a huge melee fight (I'm not even sure it ever happened in One piece, characters already fought at the same tome but not the same place yet). We'll also learn about the relation with the Ice-devil fruit user (forgot his name), whose meeting with Robin was the trigger of her "treason".
All I'm saying is, long live One Piece!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Have you guys read the last episode I cant wait to see what happens next??? What do they want from Robins mom? What is the name of the city? When is Robin going to freak out and strangle everyone?? :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

they want robins mom cause she was researching about the 100 years of history that were unknow. and the city is call OHARA. i cant wait for the next chapter.....i really really wanna see this fight :D
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damien wrote:Nope, I gave up on it once it hit the filler, I will pick it back up eventually.
Filler! Please don't tell me you called Robin's flashback filler. You must be talking about the anime, right...surely. If not, that's fucked up. Water Seven is amazing! I can't wait to see Luffy bust out with Gear 2, it's going to rock!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

O.P. is awsome come on who would have thought that Luffy's Grandpa was a Gaint??? Well need trans for my raws of 396 :evil: :evil:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Must have missed that, where does it say that Luffy's grandpa is that giant?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think it's assumed because he has the "D." in his name. I think that's Luffy's family name, oddly enough.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Thing is, Gold Rogers is Gold D. Rogers, the pirate king. So it could be him too. And I don't see how this giant could be blood related, honestly, just too big. I'm thinking that the "D" initial (lineage?) is maybe for people that are descendant of this great civilization that disappeared, the one that's mentioned on the stone and that the government eradicated. That would explain why they are all freakin' troublemakers!
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i think gol d roger is one of his grandfathers and the giant is the other. It would make sense in the timeline of things but only if luffy and ace's father (if they have the same one) and mother were alive at the time of the ohara flashback. It would explain why marshall d teach is so fucking big and why luffy and ace are larger than life (ace being my boy)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I know, it's shonen manga, it's fantasy, it's not supposed to happen in real life, let your imagination do the work, etc...But could you explain me how the hell you cross a giant (big ones on top of that) with a normal-sized person? I mean, where does everything fit? I guess you can have a giant to eat a shrinking devil fruit (the shrin-shrink fruit), but that's pushing it, even for OP!
Sorry I just don't get it.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i dont either. Its just easiest not to think about those kinds of things
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Pages of OP can not be desecrated by a plothole, it's blasphemy!
:P
+1
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

do you really want oda to devote any part of a chapter to how can a giant have sex with a regular person? maybe the giant sprays semen on the woman and she puts it in her
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I didn't want to hear these kinds of words, this is shonen! It burnz!
That would be a challenge for Oda though.
But more seriously, I just don't think that the giant theory make sense (anyway nothing has been said from Oda, so this granpa buiseness is pure speculation), but if it turn out to be the case well let's say I'm eager to know how could that ever happend.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I don't think the giant is his grandfather, but rather just a part of the "D" family. I bet Gold D. Rodger is Luffy's grandfather. Marshall D. Teach may even be his father. ;)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Actually this "D" might well be the first initial of the extinct civilization, designing the survivors and their descendants.
Wathever it is, after 40vol Oda maintain the flow of the story, and give the impression that the story never deviate from what he intended (the Skype arc got me scared, but the final fight was worth it) i.e. the quest for One Piece, and not only a race to reach more power. And when you eagerly wait for a flashback even if it delay a much anticipated fight, well it tells you how good it is. I can see One piece reach the 60 vol mark and still be as good as it get.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

around volume 60 is when he intended to end it so if it is gonna be good, i would hope it would be at the end
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I didn't know Oda said that, that makes my previous post like an ignorant one now, doesn't it?
Anyhow 60 sounds good to me, I don't know how long he will be able to maintain such consistency and quality, but he still have good material to develop until 60, so it's all good.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Aojiak(Ice admiral) said he had a run in with luffy's Grandpa and Luffy got all up set so there and I think that Gold D Roger is Luffy's Dad.

I theorize that the series will end when Luffy gathers all his crew I forgot the list but its something like:
Navigator
Sniper
Carpenter
Musician
Cook

So he is only out a Musician and a Carpenter, oh and a ship :evil:
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i would agree with what you said except for the fact that gol d roger died before luffy was conceived because the age of pirates started twenty years before the anime started and luffy is a little younger than 20
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I bet Pauli becomes their carpenter. However, I doubt the series will end until they discover what One Piece is and all. However, I already have a theory about what it is. Also, I've heard that Luffy is younger than 20, but what are you basing this off of? I've never seen them mention his age in the manga before.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Sandman wrote:Aojiak(Ice admiral) said he had a run in with luffy's Grandpa and Luffy got all up set so there and I think that Gold D Roger is Luffy's Dad.

I theorize that the series will end when Luffy gathers all his crew I forgot the list but its something like:
Navigator
Sniper
Carpenter
Musician
Cook

So he is only out a Musician and a Carpenter, oh and a ship :evil:
perhaps somebody to do the dishes too.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Starnum wrote:I bet Pauli becomes their carpenter. However, I doubt the series will end until they discover what One Piece is and all. However, I already have a theory about what it is. Also, I've heard that Luffy is younger than 20, but what are you basing this off of? I've never seen them mention his age in the manga before.
Oda was asked how old zoro nami and luffy were and he said something that was under 20 (cant remember exactly). Its in one of the first few SBS's. Also, if pauley joins i will be so angry because they have made frankey such an important character in this arc and i want him to join. Pauley just seems like an auxilery character
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Ok so Gold D Roger isnt Luffy's dad but there has got to be some connection, and One Peice is your friends that is what shanks found out and that is way his is not in a good mood when Mihawk visits because he wanted gold. Any way I feel that Paulie will stay with Iceburg and Fanky will join the straw hats after an apologie or something :twisted: