The one and only Xbox 360 thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Are you going to get an Xbox 360?

Got mine at Launch
9%
Going to get one when demand is Lower
9%
Going to wait until a price drop
14%
Going to wait until PS3 comes out to compare the two
7%
Going to wait until Christmas 2006 and Get Both Xbox360 and PS3
5%
Laughing my ass off that the solution to the power supply overheating and causing crashes is to use a piece of string.
56%

Total votes: 43

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: The one and only Xbox 360 thread

Post by Loeviz »

Dead Space is getting banned in Japan now, how the hell did that happen :D
I thought the Japanese allowed any shit that came out :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Just beat Mass Effect not too long ago. Enjoyed it very much and I am going to play through another run.

My only complaint with the game are the vehicle fights. Those are annoying. Other than that, great stuff. The last missions of the game are epic as all hell.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Ayanami wrote:The last missions of the game are epic as all hell.
Quoted for great truth. I can't remember an ending to a game that has been that climactic. As soon as I touched down on Ilos and heard that epic music, my blood started pumping and didn't stop until the end of the last cutscene. :D

Ilos really reminds me of Metroid Prime for some reason. Did anybody else feel the same way?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

MadDogMike wrote:
Ayanami wrote:The last missions of the game are epic as all hell.
Quoted for great truth. I can't remember an ending to a game that has been that climactic.
KOTOR comes to mind, as well as Final Fantasy VII, Ocarina of Time, System Shock 2 and Warcraft 3. Call of Duty 4's ending was pretty "epic" too.

I really liked Mass Effects endmission too, but it wasn't out of the ordinary. Although granted that is was better than most games today, which just end in a huge cliffhanger or don't have any story exposition in the end at all (Crysis comes to mind).
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Mass Effect was a great game no doubt. But was it me or was the game too easy? I did pretty much every side mission and had the best gear (spectre shit all around). I dono but it just felt like the final mission was just a dud to me. The game up to that point was solid, but the final boss just shot my expectations to a very low.

(SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT AHEAD!!)

my experience with Mass Effect was like this (i finished the game in roughly 22 hours over the course of 2 days):
-(beginning of the game) OMG THIS IS THE FUCKING SHIT! shooting RPG! WOOT! with fucking force powers too!
-(continues to play for the next 15 hours straight) OMG I'm a fucking spectre (which is pretty much a jedi refrence) can't put down game!! I must become the protector of GOOD! dont do evil shit!
-(goes on a rampage, because at this moment the fucking disc doesnt work, which has happened to me to every single Bioware game I've played. Which i call "The curse of Bioware." KOTOR 1 froze on me on the final boss...) So at this moment I am forced to sleep because Blockbuster doesnt open for another 5 more hours.
-(at blockbuster the minute it opens) get the game and get ready for the last final moments of the game (roughly 4 more hours left)
-(finishes game) WHAT?! that huge fucking setup of awesome space combat cut scene, space marine fighting and fucking sex in space with a blue thing? and i get a piece of turd final boss like that? Why couldn't it be something awesomely epic? like the fucking spectre in a space suit among the space warship battle alone taking on the fucking EVIL SHIP by himself. Did i already mention that he does this in space while the board of spectres (or w/e they were called) get blown to bits (those bastards deserve to die) All in all the final moments of the game were just too much of a let down.

After I finished the game I looked at Mass Effect was like FUCK YOU! why did you trick me?1 what have I done to you!? WHY MUST BIOWARE CURSE ME?!

Maybe i just expected too much from the final bits...

BTW hands down the best ending/boss to ANY GAME is MGS3. If you havent played the game, you are missing out on possibly the BEST BOSSES in any game. If you have, the ending is FUCKING purely poetic. though COD4 is up there on the charts.

BEST MOVIE ENDING, terminator 2. I cried. Why? because the greatest action/scifi/pure awesomeness had just ended and i knew it was never coming back.

which just end in a huge cliffhanger or don't have any story exposition in the end at all
hey you know, in today's world sequels make more money!!! so cliff hanger is needed! "I'm going to finish this fight!" BLAH FUCK YOU and that stupid ending...
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Bioware screwed us with Mass Effect, why?
Well they promised that they would release a lot of expansions and shit, how much of that did we actually get? Yeah thats right, one lousy mission. Horray!
The end boss in Mass Effect is to damn easy yes, even on the hardest setting :(
[spoiler]Just use Lift and fire away at him, lol[/spoiler]

No Fallout will be 100 times better, Feel much more confident that there will come atleast two expansions since Bethesda has release quiet a bit for Oblivion.

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

them release an expansion? people dont even understand the gaming term "expansion" anymore.

Brood war was an expansion (though i must say did include some stupid shit...)
LoD for diablo 2 was an expansion.
Frozen Throne, now that was a fucking awesome expansion.

20 bucks for a fucking AWESOME add on. btw those all came from the same company, they know how to handle their shit.

I just dislike the way dlc is going... we didnt bother to add this in the game now? so we can make you pay an extra ten bucks to at it on later. At least content sharing on the PSN allows me to know that my 10 dollars wont be a waste.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

On the subject of expansions, the Shivering Isles was fantastic and easily better than the Cyrodill stuff.

On the subject of Mass Effect, it was a fantastic experience all the way through that just lacked that little oomph in places.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I absolutely loved the Shivering Isles expansion. I felt it was far too short though.

I still have to go collect my dragon armor from the armoury and finish hitting guildmaster with a faction in that game...hmmm.

Now I feel like playing Oblivion.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

to this day i refuse to go back and play oblivion when i was ignorant of the game. Never put any skill points into your lockpicking skills...

No matter the rpg or game, i always have this need to get EVERY item possible (curse FF12 for giving me goodies only later to tell me HAH you dont get the best weapon anymore). But shit in Oblivion, it was "actually" a skill that the player required to unlock those damn locks. I looked at what i thought was the greatest treasure slashing hero and thought, well that was a big waste. I love treasure. If i could be Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/Nick Cage-bad hair and make a living off of treasure, that would be my dream job. I always wished that my thief in FFT would just change his title to "treasure hunter."

but damn bastards tricked me. oh yah that level scaling BS too. I ALWAYS grind, diablo 2 taught me the essence of grinding. it is built into my DNA. I must say though, oblivion did provide me with some pretty damn challenging fights because of this.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Hah! I know how you feel, I've spent countless hours on Persona 3 FES just grinding the sons of bitches to the point where every boss is easy as hell. And even on Deus Ex, where looking for stuff isn't even worth it cause you can only carry so much, I'll be damned if I miss anything.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

War Machine wrote: Deus Ex, where looking for stuff isn't even worth it cause you can only carry so much, I'll be damned if I miss anything.
oh god I know this is an Xbox 360 thread but i must say that no matter what Deus Ex was just completely awesome. Espically when my comp back in the day was only a 20gig hd and the save files were like 20 mb a piece. I never understood why the dragon sword took up soo much room when it was like a lightsaber, retact that shit DENTON! I always had lock picks, never know what goodies lie behind the lock.

I like making this claim. "You have no idea what is in the box currently. Reality tells us that the item in the box is already there, even before you know what it is. Yet because you have no idea what is in the box, it can be technically anything till you open and see what is there." (pretty much the child at christmas present mind set) I always hope that one day, one day ill get something really good, like the best item in the game or just something that is just as awesome. I know for sure that if my brother ever ends up making video games that he will make a script that will be set to random, so i know that one day i might have a chance.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Finally bought Oblivion, its pretty entertaining even though I still dont quiet get the lockpicking :P
I have 27 days to play this like mad until Fallout drops in by the mail :D

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I watched some game play videos of Fallout 3...and I absolutely can't wait for this game.

I'm going back to 1 and 2 to get back into it!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I think I have played F2 7-8 times all in all, fantastic game :D
Have to get sick right away after the game gets released, haha.

Edit: Fallout 3 was awesome :D
Bought Gears of War 2 this weekend, Horde multiplayer is the best thing that Ive seen so far with the game :D

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Umm. Is it just me or has Xbox come out with like 5 or so really good games recently??
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Umm. Is it just me or has Xbox come out with like 5 or so really good games recently??

and too bad Gears of war 2 was a single play through game... the mulitplayer has no redeeming quality whatsoever (same old boring crap the first game had, which wasnt much).
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Gears 2 was awesome until the last chapter then it lost its flame :(
Still want to know more about the story though so am looking forward for the third part still.
The game had quiet a few bugs in it.

The update for the 360 kicks ass. So much better now when you can talk 8 persons at once instead of 1 vs 1.

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, I am fond of the new interface and all the new features it has as well.

I finally got my hands on Lost Odyssey. I like it.

Is it just me, or is the JRPG weakening? I have been more impressed with Western RPGs lately.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah I used to buy every JRPG that got released but the only one Ive played the last year (2 years even) is Blue Dragon...
But Tales of Vesperia is coming soon and I must have it. Everyone must get it because that game will kick ass :D

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Tales of Vesperia is already out over here.

It's not bad, if you're a fan of the usual Tales games (I personally really enjoyed Symphonia) it'll be a lot of the same general game play.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I hate the Tales series. And I can not understand why Symphonia was the mega smash that it was.

I heard Blue Dragon sucked, it looked weak, so I passed on that one.

Persona 4 is supposed to be great, just picked that up but I am waiting to finnish Lost Odyssey first. Does not seem to be a whole lot on the next gen though.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Woho Tales of Vesperia finally got a release date in Europe :D
26/6.
To bad its in the middle of summer so there wont be much time playing it until fall comes, unless the summer is going to rain away.

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Bump!

Downloaded the demo of UFC 2009 Undisputed and tried it with my brother. It was f*cking amazing so ran of and bought the whole game.
So far I´m loving it

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I have not been playing anything on my 360 as of late. Been playing Person 4 and Ibara.

When I am out and about with friends, usually throw down in SF4 and SC4.