Berserk AMVs.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eedze
imanewbie

Re: Berserk AMVs.

Post by Eedze »

lon3vvolf wrote: Oh, and I found the best Berserk AMV yet. And by best, I mean worst.

# Edit #
I'm also looking if theres any part in the anime where Guts jumps, or looks like hes going to jump. Its critical for one song that I'm trying to use.
57 seconds in the clip you posted. i think it was in the guts vs 100 fight where he takes on samson
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

wow, WOW, WOW

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I still have to rip the last dvd and convert it so I can use it in premier pro. Give me about a month or so hopefully I'll have a test amv done. :D
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Also the section where he jumps over the guards and knocks them all down the pit while he's fighting his way up the tower. That must have been what? Episode 22/23?
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Smoczyca127
imanewbie

Post by Smoczyca127 »

lon3vvolf wrote:This thread seems to have died a bit. I was going to start doing some Berserk AMV's but my comp decided to crap out on me. So with a new motherboard, processor, graphics card, and ram(and minus $500) I'm hoping to get things started soon.

Oh, and I found the best Berserk AMV yet. And by best, I mean worst.

But let me rant for a bit. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Linkin Park/Fort Minor/*insert overused played out music here* AMV's. Those songs have nothing to do with the anime they're put in with. I don't know what some of these guys are thinking. "Let me put in random clips with some cool music! Yeah that'll be awesome!" :stupid:
WOW realy nice to critic me, it was my first video ever made, and i had only 2 hours to make it, now i could do better, and use maybe better music maybe not i have some good music what could fit Berserk AMV. Well now i am making MMV - Manga Music Video, but i still can't make it to be like i want it to be. Well ur critic is funny cuz Remember The Name fits this AMV, well i am not Death Metal freak, so i won't make next Kill, Kill, Kill AMV with Drowning Pool - Bodies ...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What the hell? Where did you come from? How did you even know this had been posted here, whoever you are. Sorry man, that song just doesn't go to Berserk, at all. *shrugs*
Smoczyca127
imanewbie

Post by Smoczyca127 »

I feel sorry for you if u don't know that on youtube u can check where someone put link to your video. And i feel sorry for you all becouse you are Death Metal freeks who don't know what music is. Just try to listen to :
Requiem For A Dream
The Prayer by Celline Dion and Andrea Bocelli
Chop Suey by System of A Down
Hero by Nickelback
or even Kiss from a rose by Seal
or something like Linkin Park Pushing me Away Piano
or Empty Apartment Acoustic by Yellowcard
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Smoczyca127 wrote:I feel sorry for you if u don't know that on youtube u can check where someone put link to your video. And i feel sorry for you all becouse you are Death Metal freeks who don't know what music is. Just try to listen to :
Requiem For A Dream
Hero by Nickelback
Eat a dick, emo boy. When we give a fuck about your music interests, we'll ask.

ROCK ON DEATH METAL. I don't even think that's fucking death metal, but whatever.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Smoczyca127 wrote:I feel sorry for you if u don't know that on youtube u can check where someone put link to your video. And i feel sorry for you all becouse you are Death Metal freeks who don't know what music is. Just try to listen to :
Requiem For A Dream
Hero by Nickelback
I feel sorry for you because you're an idiot who can't spell or write and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. No one said anything about Death Metal, so shut the fuck up already! All I said was that the music didn't go to Berserk, which it doesn't, and you start getting your little emo feelings hurt and start trying to talk shit. Heh, I don't think so pal. Get the hell out of here already with that ignorant bullshit before I bring the ban hammer down on your ass. Your video sucks and you write like a retard. Nobody here asked for you opinion, you just came to cry and whine just because we didn't like your shitty little video. You don't know shit about us, and you don't know what kind of music we listen to. I'm probably one of the only people here who even listens to Death Metal, but then again I listen to all kinds of music. Also, Celine Dion and Nickleback fucking suck. Just because I don't know about all the features of Youtube is no big deal. I've only ever posted one video on there and have barely ever even used my account. I can learn about all that shit anytime, but you'll always be a moron. You fail, now begone.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I like where this is going...

And wall of text Starnum! My eyes!
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Smoczyca127 wrote:The Prayer by Celline Dion and Andrea Bocelli
Ha ha ha! All of those song choices are really bad, but this takes the award for being on a whole different level. :lol:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

newbified wrote:And wall of text Starnum! My eyes!
Wall of text crits you for 9999.
You die.

And on a plus note, I sorta like dude's amv, just cause the song is pretty cool, despite its inability to mingle with the anime.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Requiem For A Dream
Hero by Nickelback
I really felt offended now. This guy is serious business, dudes.

By the way, retard. Can i call you retard? Yes? No? Doesn't matter, in the end you'll throw yourself in the corner of your room listening to Linkin Park, Funeral for a friend or whatever shit does kids listening to these days on MTV that they find "alternative" and "edgy", having your daily pseudo-mental breakdown thinking on your angst life that no one seems to fully understand. Let me introduce you to notion of criticism and i'm going to be very subtle and easy so that any 5 yr old can fully grasps it. Criticism is stating an opinion either positively or negatively (any difficulty just use the dictionary, you know that big book that says dictionary in the cover). Seems hard at first to get this, but you'll get around someday.

Second notion and this is tricky, is "music". Death Metal is Music like rock or pop or punk is. Unfortunately what you hear is also considered to be music (unfortunately). You know what it isn't music? Requiem for Dream. It's isn't, because it's a title of a movie adaptation of novel with that same title, therefore it isn't music. So you can't hear it as music and their you fail.

Regards from your very own death metal freak fan that felt insulted.
kthxbye
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Requiem For A Dream
Hero by Nickelback
Personally, the problem I had with that AMV wasn't the song, as such, but just the fact that it sucked as an AMV. No matter how cool the song (that one was mediocre at best, but work with me here) you can't just throw random anime clips on top of it and expect it to be a good AMV. You have to try to match your clips to the music in some way, even if just by the two having a similar "mood." This is the absolute basic to creating a decent AMV, which anyone except a retard ought to know. Just FYI.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

newbified... that pic made me laugh for a good 15 minutes. I'm so glad I posted that video and got this thread rolling again. I'm rolling on the ground with all this hilarity.

I think most everybody agrees, as Istvan said, if the music and the video don't mix it becomes shit. Sure, I like Linkin Park, and I love Berserk, but what that video did was make both kinda look bad. And to the creator, you only HAD 2 hours to make it? Was someone forcing you to make a shitty AMV with a gun pointed to your head? And please stick around and post your MMV I'd love to see and critique it as well. :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:Sure, I like Linkin Park
I'm sad to say this, but we can no longer be friends.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

newbified wrote:And wall of text Starnum! My eyes!
You call that a wall of text? Bah, that's nothing compared to what I could do. You should see my blog, now there's some walls of text. :P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

War Machine wrote:
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

lon3vvolf wrote:
War Machine wrote:
:colbert:

At least it isn't Dion & Bocelli...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

lon3vvolf wrote:
War Machine wrote:
Nice one! :lol:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

There is nothingness around me. I feel emptiness everywhere. My life is meaningless, I cry my self to sleep each night listening to Linkin Park.
The only thing that keeps me going, is to make a shitty Berserk AMV

*points above* Best emo impersonation I could come up with.

Now on to the good stuff. Made by yours truly:
## ninja edit, go to the site and change it to high quality, its much better ##

Read the description for details, song is from the Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack.
Stupid youtube cut off the end a bit early :(
I might try to submit this for a contest at a convention in the winter.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Where's the music!? Heh, nah that was cool.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Death&Rebirth wrote:Second notion and this is tricky, is "music". Death Metal is Music like rock or pop or punk is. Unfortunately what you hear is also considered to be music (unfortunately). You know what it isn't music? Requiem for Dream. It's isn't, because it's a title of a movie adaptation of novel with that same title, therefore it isn't music. So you can't hear it as music and their you fail.
Hey, I know the guy is a retard for coming from nowhere and talking bullshit (and for making that nonsense amv :P) but don't exagerate. When he said Requiem for a Dream, everybody got it meaned it's OST (wich is really nice indeed). that "it ain't music" was just stupid IMO.

And nothing against his list, some of it is really good.
But he's retarded, anyway *shrugs*
lon3vvolf wrote: Image
hahahahahaha

by the way, sad music is good music too!
There's this samba, from Vinicius de Moraes (a very respected poet here) that says that, and I just wanted to post anyway: (translated)
It's better to be happy than sad / Happiness is the best thing ever / It's like light in the heart / But to make a samba with beauty / It's needed a litlle bit of sadness /
Or one can't make a samba, no ;)

And I totally agree with that

PS.: translations can ruin one's song :S it sounds much better in portuguese
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lon3vvolf wrote:There is nothingness around me. I feel emptiness everywhere. My life is meaningless, I cry my self to sleep each night listening to Linkin Park.
The only thing that keeps me going, is to make a shitty Berserk AMV

*points above* Best emo impersonation I could come up with.

Now on to the good stuff. Made by yours truly:
## ninja edit, go to the site and change it to high quality, its much better ##

Read the description for details, song is from the Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack.
Stupid youtube cut off the end a bit early :(
I might try to submit this for a contest at a convention in the winter.
Ok, that was pretty good. You did a really nice job with this, lon3vvolf.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

very good idea :)
that was pretty good, the images and all. Congrats! ;)

edit: I think it's not linked here, so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYbmzRM7 ... re=related
I found this one good. Don't know if it's because of the music, though (the fight song, marilyn manson)
don't know why, but the video wouldn't appear here, so I put a link.

That's pretty awesome IMO, one of the best I've seen 'till now. (Requiem for a dream theme)
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Slightly O/T, this really isn't a Berserk AMV per se (it's mostly Hellsing), but it DOES have some Berserk in it:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=163104
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.