Thompson loses license

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Thompson loses license

Post by LordMune »

IGN wrote:Jack Thompson's Alabama License Revoked
Controversial attorney thrown off of GTA lawsuit.
by Wade Steel

November 21, 2005 - Controversial Miami-based attorney Jack Thompson has been removed from a lawsuit filed by the families of two slain police officers and a police dispatcher against Sony, Rockstar Games, and game retailers. Furthermore, the judge in the case revoked Thompson's license to practice law in the state of Alabama citing Thompson's behavior as the cause of the sanction.

In our previous coverage of the trial, we reported that Thompson had voluntarily withdrawn from the case because he felt that the "other side [meaning the trial defendents] wants to make me the issue." However, Judge Moore, the case's presiding jurist, issued a stinging 18 page report in which the judge rejected Thompson's claim of voluntary removal and stated that Thompson was effectively thrown off of the case for actions "before this Court [that] suggest that he is unable to conduct himself in a manner befitting practice in this state." Furthermore, Moore has referred Thompson's conduct to Disciplinary Commission of the Alabama Bar for "appropriate action." Such actions could potentially include complete permanent disbarrment from the practice of law in the state of Alabama.

The removal of Thompson from the case does not necessarily represent the end of the trial as his long-time associate Ray Reiser will assume the role of lead counsel for the case's plaintiffs.

Not one to take such things lying down, Thompson fired back at Judge Moore by claiming the the judge has "has violated... The Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics by his unfortunate, improper, and prejudicial acts in this case, at the expense of three bereaved Alabama families."

We will continue to keep you informed on the status of this case as developments warrant.
'nough said
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ah hahaha, suits him just fine

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Didn't I hear that this guy didn't like GTA so much that he said something that ended up in him going to donate 10k to a childrens charity if they made a certain version of GTA and then some MOD team made it and he backed out? Didn't say anything about it in that article I'm just remembering what I heard lastnight at the game store.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

TheDrizzit wrote:Didn't I hear that this guy didn't like GTA so much that he said something that ended up in him going to donate 10k to a childrens charity if they made a certain version of GTA and then some MOD team made it and he backed out? Didn't say anything about it in that article I'm just remembering what I heard lastnight at the game store.
Damn Skippy - I've got a write up in my blog here if you want to read more about it.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

That asshole got what was coming to 'im :lol:
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Someone actually made that shitty game? I hope he gets permanently disbarred. What exactly did he do to get thrown off the case?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Probably just his reputation and his attitude. I'm sure lots of people have friends in high places that wants to put him down.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured.