Blade of the Immortal

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

so i catched up to chapter 119 and well im truly amazed at this serie, so much "odd" things you dont expect happens.

and you know ive been reading quite a lot gore but i found this doctor thingie was truly disturbing. not that the act itself was disturbing its more the man behind it the general or whatever he is, he is scary like how he thinks :).

anyways a really good read!
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

So freaking long, too much gory drama give me the actionzors!!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah when was the last good sword fight.

This hole sick torture Manji thing has gone way too far. How many vols has been with it, 2,3?

Which is why BOTI has become so low in my eyes, he has totaly lost his way the mangaka.

Reminds me of the mangaka of HXH, 20+ great vols then the ultimate crappy arc of the ants.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, it's not THAT bad. Don't compare Samura to the guy who does HxH. Don't worry, BOTI is going to heat back up. Hell, we just saw some fighting, from that couple that's with Rin. Besides, Hyakurin and Rin will probably help Manji bust out soon, so that'll be cool.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I really hope so.

Manji is uber cool i cant stand seeing what he is doing to him.

Sick bastard Samura :P
Finito

Post by Finito »

Hopefully the big guy was sent to the same prison Manji is and well get some decent fighting soon.
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Blade of the Immortal

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that could definitely work for an interesting mix up. Something needs to happen soon, that's for sure. The freakin experimenting is over...

Waah~When is Manji gonna get out of this damn dungeon?
[spoiler]I mean seriously, it was interesting at first, but we're really going all out with this now. I mean, Burando is actually sucessfully transfering the Kesson Chu to people, that's viable progress. I can't complain with that. It's not like stuff hasn't been happening, but still, I feel for Manji. He's bustin out of there soon, I can feel it. Meanwhile, Hyakurin and Giichi are going to be raising her rape baby. (It's much better than killing it, I think.)[/spoiler] :?
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

For anyone who's read chapter 126...
[spoiler]Manji says he's got an ace up his sleeve despite his condition (also, where's his leg?), any thoughts as to what his trump card would be?[/spoiler]
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No clue, but I hope its good, heh.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Seriously, Hiroaki Samura always does great character work, but he is certainly taking his time. How many times do we have to look into the mind of that damned Burando?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Lear
imanewbie

Post by Lear »

I hope to see Shira soon, with the experiences that went on, he might have been subjected to some and gotten new arms. Anyway, some fighting has already started at the end of volume 19, haven't checked 20 yet but must be good.
Also for those that were saying how it became bad and all, well I don't agree, as I feel that things are still continuous, and homogeneous, unlike others, like naruto and bleach where sometimes you really don't know how things got to where they are. And I think it's only natural that governement officials would get interested in Manji's ability and so do what they've done. And although it might have extended a bit through time, well you can't expect the thing to be perfect all the way, nor can you expect endless series of fights right?
Anyway it's still one of the best mangas out there, along with berserk, mangas that keep there logic, and with realistical characters, in a more or less fantastical background.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I love BOTI, it's one of my favorites for sure. It just seems that the arc has been dragging on, but maybe it's just me. I'm just ready for Manji to get the fuck out of that dungeon already, heh.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

The furthest I've gotten in the series is chapter 128. Does anyone know if 129 is out?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Finito

Post by Finito »

Yeah 129 is out, dont you know http://www.mangaupdates.com?
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh, thanks for the site, man. I got caught up on the BOTI story on demononid, so I was waiting for the releases on that site, heh.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah yeah, they're totally gonna bust Manji out, I can't wait!
exylex
imanewbie

Post by exylex »

Maybe this been asked before but i aint kinda got the time or will to read thru all pages & posts...
I wonder where i can find chapters to read after the chapter 127?, and btw, is there any other manga's similar to Berserk & Boti? (good old times with swords or fantasy monsters etc).
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

You can find chapters up to 131 on http://gotlurk.net/ .... in english of course.
exylex
imanewbie

Post by exylex »

Im a bit confused now, they said something in 131 that there would be no 132, or atleast no montly releases. :wtf:
Can any1 light me a bit up regarding this?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

As I understood it 132 will be published in manga form, finally, and no longer in comic book form. That's the only change.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
exylex
imanewbie

Post by exylex »

Puh, that doesnt sound so bad. :D
exylex
imanewbie

Post by exylex »

I was reading the release calendar on AniDB.net as usual when i found this -> http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=5679
Blade of the immortal anime ftw... :) Don't really know if its old news for some, but atleast for me its new...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... for-summer
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That kicks ass. I can't wait to watch it.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Hopefully they will bring something interesting to the series, else I'm better with the manga. The art is looking bad, undetailed and do you really want the producers of .hack//sign to work on the series?

Got myself v20-21, which arent released on net yet. So I'm going to spoil everything, there is a break in(hopefully a breakout) going on and there are people dying and theres lots of blood. There is art in the volume and you can expect loads of black and white.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Agreed, BotI art looks weird without the sketchiness from the manga. Will give it a try anyhow.