Berserk: Lost Chapter v13 Chapter 83

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk: Lost Chapter v13 Chapter 83

Post by psi29a »

Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II

Considering that I've had a few PMs about it and comes up often in all Berserk forums I've decided to put the Berserk "Lost Chapter" up for all to download just in case they didn't get it with their Hawks release.

Berserk: Lost Chapter aka Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II

It will be awhile before DarkHorse gets to Volume 13, perhaps in a year? In the mean time, the link will stay up (or we will find another host for it) till such time as DH releases the Volume. Hopefully with this included.
The Holy Berserk FAQ wrote:Miura added a chapter to The Eclipse, some time after the volume had been released. This is the chapter in which Griffith meets with The Idea of Evil. He added this chapter, because he wanted to elaborate on The World of Berserk. He felt it would help to further explain the story.

note: this is from the Hawks, so all credit goes to them. EG will look for the raws and see if we have anything else to contribute, otherwise it is what it is. Anymore PMs will be ignored and everyone has permission to burn newbs who do not use the search function of the site.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Coolness.

First, +1 and all that.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Awesome i have allways wanted this chap.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halo67
imanewbie

Post by halo67 »

cool, thank a lot!!! :D
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nice, don't know if I already knew it, I'll check it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

cool, luckiliy i got a version of the hawks with it already done. I'd like to see an EG release though :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I can get raws (it won't be really HQ though) and can edit the chapter for it, but I don't see the purpose for doing so.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

Awesome!
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh, I'd just like to have everything done by Evil genius, even though it isnt necessary :D
halo67
imanewbie

Post by halo67 »

MrFelony wrote:heh, I'd just like to have everything done by Evil genius, even though it isnt necessary :D

Agreed
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Actually, this chapter is full of philosophy, and maybe their translation or grammar weren't so good (I, for one, didn't liked their translation and others thing). So, I'll vote for EG to translate this one...if isn't asking too much. I'm sure Nazgûl, Psi29a, Mystic, Eldo and Starnum can do a lot better than them.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Ive just read this lately, its good to know I wasnt the only one who missed it.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

This chapter has a lot of good informaition that helps you understand what happened to Griffith at the eclipse, it also helps explain the undertones of all berserk.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I'll offer my services on it, if the other guys decide to release it. ;)
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

I was also thinking of somehow searching for this chapter since I saw that it was left out, I mean a fan must have all the chapters one way or the other, right?

I found this chapter very nice and informative, really does explain a lot of the idea behind the "God", my thoughs were already going somewhere along those lines, at least as a posible explanation, but it is nice to know that it is what the author had in mind.

The translation maybe isn't perfect but you can get the idea anyway...
Oh, and I like the "I want wings" line;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

this chapter is the biggest reason for why I believe that guts follows Idea's path (one of the big reasons).
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

MrFelony wrote:this chapter is the biggest reason for why I believe that guts follows Idea's path (one of the big reasons).
that would also put flora and skullknight's comments about guts & co into context as well
Bow to Golbez
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

MrFelony wrote:this chapter is the biggest reason for why I believe that guts follows Idea's path (one of the big reasons).
yeah, but the Idea of what? I am thinking that maybe ther is also a Idea of Good, that got Guts out of the Eclipse, or made SkullKnight... I don't think that getting Guts out don't help the Idea of Evil, he is more of a problem for Grifith (of course maybe we'll find out some details later that will prove me wrong)

Now the Idea of Good would probably be a lot weaker than the Idea of Evil, being that people (as said in the manga) want reasons for the evil that happens, and need someone to blame for everything bad in their lives, and they mostly think that they got all the good things by their own efforts...
there aren't many people who trully believe in good, there are too many bad people hurting everyone and it's always easier to destroy than to create...

stupid comment: if it's easier to destroy than to create then what do you think how hard it was to create Guts? ;) ;)[/i]
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

donny wrote:
yeah, but the Idea of what? I am thinking that maybe ther is also a Idea of Good, that got Guts out of the Eclipse, or made SkullKnight... I don't think that getting Guts out don't help the Idea of Evil, he is more of a problem for Grifith (of course maybe we'll find out some details later that will prove me wrong)

Now the Idea of Good would probably be a lot weaker than the Idea of Evil, being that people (as said in the manga) want reasons for the evil that happens, and need someone to blame for everything bad in their lives, and they mostly think that they got all the good things by their own efforts...
there aren't many people who trully believe in good, there are too many bad people hurting everyone and it's always easier to destroy than to create...

stupid comment: if it's easier to destroy than to create then what do you think how hard it was to create Guts? ;) ;)[/i]
Sorry, but this has been discussed before. There is NO IDEA OF GOOD. You can't proove it given the evidence presented in Berserk. There is just Idea and that is it. The only thing that can come close is the four elements which to our understanding are neutral.

Don't mean to shoot you down, but just because there is an "Idea of Evil" does not mean there has to be an equal opposite. You can't take what you believe or want to believe and mix it/make sense of it in Berserk. It just isn't your world.
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

ok, didn't know it was discussed before, guess I didn't search good, and I am kinda new... and it isn't really something I believe into, it was just a posibility I was considering, taking into consideration how the Idea of Evil was created, that maybe analogue would be a much weaker Idea of Good.

To me the Idea of Evil seems perfectly logic, and sometimes it seems that this world could be also govern by something similar... just wanted to see what others think...

sorry for incidental repeating of old ideas :)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

donny wrote:ok, didn't know it was discussed before, guess I didn't search good, and I am kinda new... and it isn't really something I believe into, it was just a posibility I was considering, taking into consideration how the Idea of Evil was created, that maybe analogue would be a much weaker Idea of Good.

To me the Idea of Evil seems perfectly logic, and sometimes it seems that this world could be also govern by something similar... just wanted to see what others think...

sorry for incidental repeating of old ideas :)

No problem :D Not your fault, you are not the only one to consider the possibility of there being an opposite Idea. It really is a common line of reasoning. We just came to the conclusion that there is no supporting evidence that anything other than the Idea of Evil exists. The only thing that comes close is the 4 elements, and those are neutral in nature.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Psi29a wrote:

Sorry, but this has been discussed before. There is NO IDEA OF GOOD. You can't proove it given the evidence presented in Berserk. There is just Idea and that is it. The only thing that can come close is the four elements which to our understanding are neutral.

Don't mean to shoot you down, but just because there is an "Idea of Evil" does not mean there has to be an equal opposite. You can't take what you believe or want to believe and mix it/make sense of it in Berserk. It just isn't your world.[/quote]

Though since the idea is created by humans desire it could become an "idea of good". If the desires to truly have a good world and so on, then I guess the idea would change itself, but since all people are filled with greed, pride and thinking bad of others and doesnt see the light, then it's completly logical the idea can only choose to be 'evil'.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:
Psi29a wrote:

Don't mean to shoot you down, but just because there is an "Idea of Evil" does not mean there has to be an equal opposite. You can't take what you believe or want to believe and mix it/make sense of it in Berserk. It just isn't your world.
Though since the idea is created by humans desire it could become an "idea of good". If the desires to truly have a good world and so on, then I guess the idea would change itself, but since all people are filled with greed, pride and thinking bad of others and doesnt see the light, then it's completly logical the idea can only choose to be 'evil'.
In that case, it would just be Idea (implying choice between the two). Problem arrises in that there is no mention of good. Idea even has a proper title, Idea of Evil.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

I had just downloaded Volumes 4-26 the other day, me becoming a fan of Berserk via the anime series, wanted to know the story after the great eclipse. I read Volumes 12-15 today and read Volume 13-chap 38 again for the discussion. I love it when Miura makes these wonderful epilogues, in this case the ending of griffeths human form, which draws out the true human nature not only in the characters in Berserk, but in every human.

I think of this "god" creature, represented as a would be heart, as the very escence of evil. All of the pain, sadness, hate, and death that consume all human. Look on the T.V. or watch the news and what do you see? You here it at work or at school. You hear about it where ever you go. You cannot escape it. Death, pain, greed, destruction...are one with the human soul....call it a curse if you will.

Perhaps this is what fuels Gutsu's hunger for battle. The need to silence the cries in his head? This is even, in the end, what Griffith's "dream" had climaxed to. Griffeth was tortured, and only when he was at rock bottom did his "dream" come true. Ill admit it, i have had dark fantasies myself, as have everyone else, however Griffeth being a chosen Demon, recieves his wings. The darkness that fuels our world, sadly will never end, until this world is made new. The darkness that dwells within all our hearts is what the creature represents.

Anyhow thats just my take on it!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It is a funny thing in making a comparison between the world of Berserk and our own, is that our interpretations can be drastically different. From a pragmatist point of view, there isn't such a thing as Good or Evil. Only socially accepted norms in which we make choices (and judgements).

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about Berserk, however as to your previous posts which I deleted because they were out of context of the thread in general, most of people here know of the Hawks already, and as a mater of fact are referred to in the FAQ which is at the top of the forum here.

Enjoy your stay, and I do hope you make yourself at home, try posting in the newbie threads and introduce yourself the crowd.