Guess the Anime

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, that is definitely Fatal Fury. I've seen that one, cool movie. Heh, Andy used to have a green tint to his hair, and now it's blonde...strange eh. :P
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

YES, it's Fatal Fury ... the first movie.

I knew i shouldn't have posted a pic of when he was a kid .... but the damn hat!
Necromancer wrote:He looks like Terry Bogard somehow.
That's because it is Terry .... which is why i said that you didnt even have to have watched the anime to know. Pretty much everyone has played a game with him in it. Be it the Fatal Fury games, King of Fighters or whatever else he's in ... YOU ALL SHOULD'VE KNOWN! :twisted:

LOL @ the Pokemon reference.

SO anyone can post a pic, according to Eldo. Go nuts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm not able to access my server right now to upload any pics, so I'll just leave it up to you guys for now.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

BasouKazuma wrote:
Necromancer wrote:He looks like Terry Bogard somehow.
That's because it is Terry .... which is why i said that you didnt even have to have watched the anime to know. Pretty much everyone has played a game with him in it. Be it the Fatal Fury games, King of Fighters or whatever else he's in ... YOU ALL SHOULD'VE KNOWN! :twisted:
Yeah, but I did not knew what the movie was called and didn't want to guess or google it, so I just said he looks like Terrsy. ;)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If you havent seen this anime,you missed one of the best animes of the season 2004-2005.

EDIT:

If you guys are gonna post 80's animes can you post the famous ones so we who havent see alot of 80's anime can play too.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Libaax wrote: EDIT:

If you guys are gonna post 80's animes can you post the famous ones so we who havent see alot of 80's anime can play too.
Screw you anime noobs! :lol:

Now, I'll just have to start posting a whole mess of em. :twisted: jk

Actually, i think that would be beneficial, since it may influence people to watch some of the older (relatively unknown) classics, rather than watching some of the random crap that comes out now. Too many people just watch the new stuff without even thinking about watching something older, that is potentially better.

AND i have no clue what anime that pic's from ..... it seems way to ordinary anyway. Ya know, like it could be from a variety of anime since the pic doesnt have many defining traits to it.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

80's isnt that old, there are some famous ones before that. Ever hear of Gigantor? (parents owned that dvd, thats how old it is lol)
:wink:
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

evilester_me wrote:80's isnt that old, there are some famous ones before that. Ever hear of Gigantor? (parents owned that dvd, thats how old it is lol)
Yea, but the 80's were what was mentioned, so i mainly talked about that.

Gigantor was the first mech series if i'm not mistaken but I wouldn't imagine it being any good. I only care about classics that are enjoyable and worth watching. I missed it when they showed an episode on Cartoon Network so I'm not sure if it's good or not, since i havent even seen any of it.

Ya know what, i don't even think there really are many anime worth watching from before the 80s or 70s. Anime just wasnt what it is now.

But i digress .....
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Basou thats what i mean if you choose famous 80's animes that might get us who havent watched many 80's animes interested.

I have only watched anime since 2003 80% of the animes are after 90 animes.

The only 80's anime i have seen are Captain Tsubasa.

A clue to the anime pic is that its sports anime and the sport is very american. The final of this american sport is called World Series.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Is it play ball?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Well, Major is the only baseball anime that i know of ... so i guess that's it. Though i havent seen it, yet.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

80's anime eh? First thing that comes to mind is...GUNDAM! Heh, which actually started in 1979, and still exists today. It sure is great huh?
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Whoa...someone should put together the history of anime because I would be interesed...

I mean, when you think about it anime was never quite an obsession in the US and Europe until recently
:wink:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

By recently you mean at least the last five years, if not longer...right?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Akira was pretty much the biggest thing. Anime truly want 'mainstream' with Pokemon and DBZ though.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Eldo wrote:Akira was pretty much the biggest thing. Anime truly want 'mainstream' with Pokemon and DBZ though.
Yes, i remember a time when i could name each of the 150 pokemon by lookin at their pictures ..... then they just started finding more pokemon .... so i said 'screw that'.

Personally, I'd say anime really started making its mark in the states in the early 90s. Now it's fairly common to be an anime fan.

I'm sure there are plenty of sites on the history of anime. Just a matter of looking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

I very quickly skimmed that page, but it should have a good amount of info.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Time for a new pic, what do you say?

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Soukyuu no Fafner, a definite candidate for "worst EVA rip off ever".
Bad show, good opening.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I really liked Fafner. You're overly critical Mune. Anyway, you got it right, so it's your turn.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

:P

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Somewhat obscure yet familiar. I think they're ships of some sort.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It feels like I've posted way too many pics in this thread already...

I have no life. :(
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, is it Xenosaga?
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Starnum wrote:Um, is it Xenosaga?
You're probably right, though i only watched one episode of it and never got around to finishing the game .... cuz i was disgusted with it .... what have they done to my precious Xenogears ... :(

That does look like a huge group of the Knosis randomly appearing.
Last edited by BasouKazuma on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, Xenogears was so much better.