::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, even a kid can fire a gun, especially one without recoil.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

i was not talking about his physical condition
I meant his mental , Personality
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, he's probably a supressed child, but maybe he'll pick something up from his.. uh.. idol :).
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Of course i know his name its just not as cool as the osaka general;)

Even Kie has problem surviving in the game and he is crazy in the game so i dont think this kid can do anything to save himself.

The only reason he is in the game is to show that Kaze isnt coolhearted fighter.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Probably true, and there'll be another heartrending death scene. Really it doesn't touch me at all in Gantz.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Are you saying no death in GANTZ tuches you?

I was about to cry and at the same shouting at Kie to kill Izumi when Tae died...
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Libaax wrote:Are you saying no death in GANTZ tuches you?

I was about to cry and at the same shouting at Kie to kill Izumi when Tae died...
Oh, sure the first couple of deaths I was touching...but then it was too frequent that it eventually didn't matter at all. Like Izumi killing the whole damn street (massacre). I bet there wasn't a single innocent person there :roll: .

Thing is, there's really no point getting attached to any other characters except for the main. The rest is going to die a really horrible death eventually.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah its easy not to care about people you dont know like the people Izumi killed in the streets.

But when people in the game dies I care cause you know them. The only ones that I dont care about is the rapers.

They can die horriable deaths :twisted:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Somehow none of the characters in Gantz really touched me. Kurono is the only real character, the others just seem weird, although I guess the psi-powered guy is ok, too. Ok, to be honest Tae was alright, but she was stupid, coming running back there.

Basically the reason I don't dig the chars is they somehow come off as being meant to die. It's a manga about dead people, after all.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

But they arent really dead until they die in the game so technicaly they are living people.

I found Kie to be one of the most real characthers i have seen in a manga. I mean he is an avreage joe,he is horny,a coward,he dont care about other people,he is teased by almost everyone in school,he isnt good in sports. Everything about him is avreage outside the game. In the game his will to survive is the only thing that makes him speciel.

I liked Katou but he was too much of a saint trying to save everybody who cares about a hero when there is a guy like Kie :D
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I really didnt care for Tae, I wanted her to die so Kei can hook up with Reika. I liked the Lara Croft looking chick too.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I don't like monstrous tits, so I think both Reika and the Lara Croft ripoff (and the other Kei) are stupid.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:I really didnt care for Tae, I wanted her to die so Kei can hook up with Reika. I liked the Lara Croft looking chick too.

I think it was great that he loved Tae so he didnt dump her just cause Rieka looks better.
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

The (Quick Format) for The First Team of GANTZ Was so shocked to me
at That Time i Thinked That OKU Hasted to Decide that Step
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I fear the worst case scenario:

That little annoying brat (muscle rider) will be tagging along the others until the end of the manga.

Maybe the purpose of the kid is to give an opportunity to tell the countryside generals background story. He could have had a similiar childhood. But that's just a wild guess.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Trog wrote:I fear the worst case scenario:

That little annoying brat (muscle rider) will be tagging along the others until the end of the manga.

Maybe the purpose of the kid is to give an opportunity to tell the countryside generals background story. He could have had a similiar childhood. But that's just a wild guess.
I agree. Either to introduce the kid to show how 'countryside general' is gonna die (protecting the kid) or background story.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Everything is better than the kid hanging around until the end of the manga.
AbsoluteZero
Evil Genius

Post by AbsoluteZero »

hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

191 by shockwave

http://trackerwww.prq.to/download.php/3 ... ip.torrent

EDIT: is this chapter the beginning of Volume 17?
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

I have a feeling that this mission is gonna be a totally disaster,everyone is just too cocky for there own good.
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

Chapter 191:

Direct: http://gantz.cjb.net/down.pl?ID=191

that was good..more guys know about gantz... :?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Spoiler:

They're doing the stupid surrounding again, so they can all shoot each other. It's the lamest thing, noone in his right mind would do it, but the people in Gantz always think it's smart. So definitely that group with Reika will be decimated.

Hmm, stupid, does anyone know what the colour tag of the background is?
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Spoiler:

They're doing the stupid surrounding again, so they can all shoot each other. It's the lamest thing, noone in his right mind would do it, but the people in Gantz always think it's smart. So definitely that group with Reika will be decimated.
Yeah it is kinda stupid. But I think the suit protects them though. So they'll probably make it alive from about 1-3 shots at each other, and then stuff oozes out.

I think to make a spoiler use the black colour with the quote function. Make it like this:
Spoiler: wrote:

Dtortot
notanewb

Post by Dtortot »

They might get cornered with a cup of coffe too.

(Ronin reference).

I am 99.75% awesome!
How awesome are YOU? By Suspended Chaos.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its not lame cuase the suits protects them from getting injured of the GANTZ guns.

Many will die in this mission mostly cause Kie doesnt care about saving anyone anymore,now its all about bringing back Tae.