::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Deathinfinite
imanewbie

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by Deathinfinite »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:yeah I read the franky house version
franky house is fast but somehow always makes mistakes whether it's missing pages or just empty bubble speeches
I try NOT to read any Franky House translations, the quality of their work can be really sad at times. imo
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

reika had no nipples
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Hunh. Interesting.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:reika had no nipples
No! That's purposeful measure in order to prevent readers from bleeding to death due to tremendous nose bleeding :D .

Anyway ....

1. I can't wait for the next meeting of Gantzer and thier reaction :)

2. Kuronos Duo will rock .... No, it won't. I predict or rather hope for epic duel Kurono vs Kurono for beloved Tae. Why? Since second Kurono have been deprived of his former life including reason to fight i can't see this otherwise. And what do you think about that?

Oh and one more thing: how many days remains to the end of the world?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I can't believe how well the other Kurono took all this. I really expected him to flip out more than that. Well, he still hasn't talked to Reika. He might just ignore her next time, or he might curse her out a little, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't think the two Kei's will end up fighting, but you never know I guess. Two Kurono's should be better than one, when it comes to fighting aliens. I wonder if this is the author's way of making everyone happy at once, those who want Kei to be with Tae, and the rest who want him to be with Reika. Perhaps he too couldn't decide on one or the other, and so this is what he came up with. Of course that would be a cop out, so hopefully his motivations are deeper than that. I can easily foresee one of the Kurono's dying now. Also, this only furthers my belief that all of the original people are dead, and the Gantz team is and always has been a bunch of clones. If your memory carries on though, then I guess it's just as good as being the original.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

this is totally gonna mess with the vampires that are still after them all,
"wait didn't we kill that guy a month ago why is he still alive, what the hell there are two of them?!?!? FUUUUUUUUUUU"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

they're clones with brain chips
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:they're clones with brain chips
:shock: Shh that's a secret. Unless you want to start another bloody riot^^
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

*eats flan*
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Woot :shock: we will get 3 chapters in next 3 weeks and what's more important they will contain many answers ?!? Blah ....
papasith

Post by papasith »

3 chapters in 3 weeks make me more giddy then i would like to admit in person
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

@ shiva: Your analysis of the whole kurono vs kurono fight, is in my honest opinion spot on. Don't tell me you guys didn't see it coming. Kei's love for Tai and what not, I mean it's inevitable. Yeah though, so far 2009 has been a good year for seinin mangas, Berserk actually getting back on track and Gantz ending fairly soon, I can't wait.
papasith

Post by papasith »

So back to back chapters and the possible knowledge of whats going on, who else is excited?
i might need to changed pants
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Well I'm rather dissapointed. I don't know what i expected but for certain it's not what i expected^^ Blah anyway i hope that vampire and aliens cases will be explained as well :shock:
papasith

Post by papasith »

i dont thin kthat was anywhere near the whole story, or it was a flat out lie. then again it may be wishful thinking what with him running out to meet that guy at the end. ( i assumed it was to get the real story, or the rest of it at least)

and although that does explain the balls somewhat (not really) we still dont know whats up with the aliens... then again i may just be seeing a consipricy theory here
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nah, I totally agree with you Papasith. We clearly don't have all the story yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if what that old German guy said was total BS. If that is part of the truth, it's a little disappointing, but at least I didn't see it coming, and that helps a little. Maybe the rest of the truth behind the Gantz mysteries will be more interesting.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

An autistic, morbidly obese german woman holds the secrets to what may be the cause of the Earth's final days.

I can never get bored with Gantz, not even if I try.

About there origin of Gantz, there´s obviously more to it, don´t worry. I´ll eat my hat if it´s all there is to it.

And the german weeaboo will definitely kill the reporter guy.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

At least we won't have to wait a long while for the story to develop. I'm going to love these back to back releases.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

ok i watched the anime and now i must read the manga (kinda like berserk isnt it) please guide me!
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
papasith

Post by papasith »

Im not sure on the chapter but the buddist temple is around volume 3 or4 if you wanted to pick up in a similar area.
funny thing is the buddist temple is right when it starts getting good ( IMO on gets better from there)
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Yeah quite similar but Gantz has truly crapy ending. Anyway I recommend you to read it from the very 1st volume 8)

Nah Gantz was good even faster. Somewher in the bird alien arc when he survived for the first time without suit :D
papasith

Post by papasith »

i ran a D20 modern game one time based of gantz, i just rember i made the second run they did exactly like the second run from the manga, except the "bot" was based of john lennon. was pretty funny crap (ironically alot of stuff that happened in the manga the characters initiated, like one forgot his suit and everything)
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Woot ?! Enter the Matrix ..... :(
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

:lol: speaking of the matrix...
papasith

Post by papasith »

im still trying to figure out if that was posted before or after they read that chapter. And i have to say im not disappointed at all in these developments :d