General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by Starnum »

The PS3 is a rebel that does whatever it wants, and it knows how to love and hate. The sith to the jedi 360, which has no emotions. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

halfnhalf wrote:i just noticed this, but Namco just basically said PS3 is the dark side and the Xbox360 is the light side... meaning ps3 is evil...
But usually the evil guys are cooler and have more style than goody-two-shoes.

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168511

Chrono Trigger on the DS? YES!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

dialdfordesi wrote:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168511

Chrono Trigger on the DS? YES!

chrono trigger on my psp?!?! chrono trigger on my gba? chrono trigger on my pc?? if they dont add anything new, who cares? i have like 20 rom versions of the game and a cartrige of it somewhere...

I am not dissing the game, it was a game that was ahead of its era, but seriously only people alive during the snes era will get it. its just i really dont need remakes right now (or sequels). where are the original games?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I'm a total Chrono bitch, and will buy multiple copies of anything with "Chrono" in the title.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Finito

Post by Finito »

Chrono's good, and DS sucks in my opinion, roms do a better job, Im still waiting for some RPGs to come out on the new consoles... good ones too. Latests I've played came out years ago...
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Finito wrote:Chrono's good, and DS sucks in my opinion, roms do a better job, Im still waiting for some RPGs to come out on the new consoles... good ones too. Latests I've played came out years ago...
if you got a ps3, then disgeae 3 is coming out in august. if you got a psp, then you have plenty to choose from: FFT, disgeae 1, monster hunter, crisis core, Patapon (rythmic game that has rpg element), and Jeanne D'Arc.

if you got a ds, then possibly the greatest rpg in a while The World Ends with You would be worth your time.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Well, Square-Enix just castrated Sony and handed their balls to Microsoft on a silver platter.

God I love E3.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

The KOTOR MMO is official!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

dialdfordesi wrote:The KOTOR MMO is official!
Fo'real?
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm reading this as KOTOR MMO and not as KOTOR3 = MMO. I'm still hoping that KOTOR3 comes out.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

so anyone see the anal rape Spore is getting on Amazon.com? I was gonna get the game for my friend for his b-day...

http://www.amazon.com/Spore-Pc/dp/B000F ... 922&sr=8-1

I just find it hilarious that the game was already leaked before it was even released.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Anal rape indeed.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well while magazines are so-so when it comes to Spore, I really like it and the creativity it breeds. Yeah it might not be the greatest game ever but you can really have a lot of fun with all the editors (creature, buildings, tanks, ships for water and space). What I have to admit though that the gameplay mechanics themself are really standard. But I'd recommend it anyway to anyone who has the slightest bit of creativity.

Concerning the DRM: I didn't have to activate spore anywhere, I just entered the serial key upon installing like with any other game. Yeah, you CAN make a ea store login with store so you can upload your creations and stuff, but this wasn't working on release day (servers were down?), so I just flunked it anyway. You don't have to register though.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Aetherfukz wrote: You don't have to register though.

but isn't the concern is that if you don't then no online computer controlled multiplayer?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Almost a year ago, Malvado said this:
Malvado wrote:Yakuza 2 is coming to America just to tickle your fancy.
And it did, this is awesome!!! :mrgreen: And only $30 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-2-Playstat ... 899&sr=8-1
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Is there ever going to be a shenmue 3?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Is there ever going to be a shenmue 3?

never. Because Peter Moore killed the DC and made Sega make a terrible shenmue on the xbox.

btw i fucking went back and played shenmue 1 (like within the past year...), that game aged very hard. God forbid I ever thought about playing a game that controls like that.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Shenmue 2 wasnt that bad....was it?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I remember that the fighting was kinda crummy, you ended up just using a couple of strong moves over and over (cyclone kick!!!).

For now, Yakuza is the closest thing you'll get to Shenmue, it's pretty good though.

PS: This is funny as hell.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

halfnhalf wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:Is there ever going to be a shenmue 3?

never. Because Peter Moore killed the DC and made Sega make a terrible shenmue on the xbox.

btw i fucking went back and played shenmue 1 (like within the past year...), that game aged very hard. God forbid I ever thought about playing a game that controls like that.
Was Shenmue 2 on the XBox any different from the Dreamcast version? I played part 2 on the DC and it rocked just as much as part 1 did.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

lets just put it this way: shenmue on the xbox was Blah because of that generation of games. at that time you had games that were just godly (MGS2, KH, FFX, gta 3) in the context of those games, Shenmue was crap. It had terrible controls, a lackluster story, a dialogue like old n64 games. When FFX brought on world class voice actors, MGS2 with its ultimate display of cut scenes, gta3 with is true sandbox gamplay and KH with its fast pace RPG action, Shenmue just looked like a piece of turd.

the xbox version did nothing to try to fix the plauges of problems from the DC version. they just ended up adding in more in the context of just being a bad port. (think marvel vs. capcom on the ps1 where you couldn't team swap because the psone just couldn't handle it)

thought i must say, i played shemue after owning the mention games on the ps2.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

BUT YOU CAN RACE FORKLIFTS!!!!!111!

I thought you could teamswap in mvc1.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

There's another mode that lets you team swap in MvsC but in that mode you choose one guy and that same guy is gonna be the opponent's teammate, and vice-versa. So you fight 2 vs 2 with only 2 different characters.

When it came out, Shenmue was the shit. That level of graphical detail, character development and extras was almost unheard of in other games. But the pace of the game and the loading times make it a tad unbearable for today's gamers, which is why I would prefer a remake of Shenmue 1 and 2 if they ever plan on doing 3.