General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

DMC: Dance of Sparda?

THE FIRST EVER PORTABLE DANCE GAME, FEATURING LOVABLE DMC CHARACTERS?!
:holycrap:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Master Chief/Spartan is in DOA4
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

LordMune wrote:DMC: Dance of Sparda?

THE FIRST EVER PORTABLE DANCE GAME, FEATURING LOVABLE DMC CHARACTERS?!
:holycrap:
Yep, you can make Arkham do the robot, or have Virgil do the electric slide.
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Tell me your guys are kidding?

I wanted a normal DMC not a dance version...

Femto:

I havent played those game but i did like Ridge Racer.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Don't worry Libaax, the game's genre hasn't even been defined yet, these guys are just going the comedic route.

And you should definitely get your hands on Wipeout Pure at least. Best racing game I've played in a really long time.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Phiii finaly i can breathe again.

I want more of Dante kicking ass and not dancing.

I will check out wipeout and see if its my kind of game. I like arcade style racing so.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'm hearing some really bad stuff on the new 3-D Castlevania game...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Link?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I'm hearing some really bad stuff on the new 3-D Castlevania game...
Does not shock me one bit. Play said it was good though....
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

ASH, no not the band
Well nothing is known now but I'll probably just pick it up.

Wipeout Pure, Ghost in the shell: SaC, and Something pretty. All this just to say SALE!!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

LordMune wrote:Link?
Go to any gaming site reviewing the game. Or message boards. Play's 9/10 review is up at Gamerankings...but with the other reviews the game's average score is 75%...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, PSM didn't score it very well either, but I've never been very partial to critics. It doesn't help their case when they start by complaining about the fact that the main character isn't a Belmont and that he doesn't use a whip. Hello, ever heard of Symphony of the Night! Alucard was neither a Belmont, nor did he use a whip, and that's like the best Castlevania game ever. Oh, and let us not forget Aria of Sorrow, same case with Soma Cruz. I guess the guy who reviewed the game at PSM didn't know much about the series. Otherwise he'd have known that Curse of Darkness was made by the same guy who did Symphony of the Night, and realize that it was supposed to be the long awaited 3D equivalent of that game. Any flaws the game may have, will probably pale in comparison to the overall coolness of the game. I mean, what mentionable complaints have I heard, that it may be a bit repetitive. Well, when every enemy respawns the instant you leave the room, what Castlevania hasn’t been a little repetitive? Meh, sounds like a bunch of over critical people who don’t understand the series, but maybe I’m wrong. I'm looking forward to playing it, quite a bit actually, but that's me.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I enjoyed Lament of Innocence, and this game looks a lot like it, only better. And screw anybody who downvotes a Castlevania game just because thje game doesn't have a Belmont. Fuck off, I enjoy a trip from the normal, and not looking into how many times we can make up Belmonts or back track, although now Konami has about 300 years between Leon and Trevor Belmont, so I'm sure we'll get somethign to bridge that gap. I'm looking forward to it.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Lament of Innocence was a huge letdown for me and I'm not buying this new Castlevania either, it's just looks like more of the same crap.

How I pray for the return of Castlevania greatness to consoles.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:Lament of Innocence was a huge letdown for me and I'm not buying this new Castlevania either, it's just looks like more of the same crap.
You've gotta agree though that LoI was night and day from Castlevania 64. I know that LoI is not one of the greatest of Castlevanias, but considering it was taking a chance (especially after how 64 introduced the idea of a 3-D Castlevania) and something new, I liked it.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'll never like a game just because its predecessor sucked more.

LoI is missing lots and lots of things to be just a good game, not even a good Castlevania. SotN is one of the best games ever made and Castlevania is one of the series that I'm really critical about because of that. LoI just didn't get there.

Rushed and unspired is the vibe it gave me, just like Curse of Darkness is doing right now.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Lament of Innocence... the first time I attacked in the air...I put the game down...that was just horrible. If they couldn't even put in the time to give him a proper air attack animation I wasn't about to play the rest of the game..
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Lament of Innocence... the first time I attacked in the air...I put the game down...that was just horrible. If they couldn't even put in the time to give him a proper air attack animation I wasn't about to play the rest of the game..
Exactly.

Rushed and uninspired.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

You've got to give them credit for making a Castlevania in 3D that wasn't teh horriblez0rs, though. Rushed and uninspired as it may be, it was far from a catastrophe on a technical level.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That's actually part of the problem, it didn't feel like Castlevania at all, it was just a generic action game with the CV trademarks (whip, skeletons, cross, etc).
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote: although now Konami has about 300 years between Leon and Trevor Belmont, so I'm sure we'll get somethign to bridge that gap. I'm looking forward to it.
There was Sara belmont from legends. She was before Trevor.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:
Tempest wrote: although now Konami has about 300 years between Leon and Trevor Belmont, so I'm sure we'll get somethign to bridge that gap. I'm looking forward to it.
There was Sara belmont from legends. She was before Trevor.
Well, yeah, but she has been officially stricken from the record because her story contradicted Trevor and Catlevania III's story with him being the first Belmont to kill Dracula I guess and is considered to be of a different timeline or something, or at least that's what Wiki-pedia tells me.
Wiki-pedia wrote:Until IGA retconned Legends, Sonia was at one time considered the earliest known Belmont chronologically. In Legends, Sonia was the first Belmont to personally fight and defeat the Count Dracula. Though this story contradicted with Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse; Trevor has always been the first Belmont to destroy Dracula, and that is what welcomed the Belmonts back into Transylvania. For this reason, Legends and Sonia Belmont were retconned. While just as many were pleased with this change, some were not. Some fans have made their own timeline, with Legends included.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

haha i said sara...damn i was off again. Well she had a son......
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:haha i said sara...damn i was off again. Well she had a son......
I guess of the fans who do choose to put her in the timeline and accept her, many of them claim that Trevor is Sonia's son, and a few of them believe that Alucard is Trevor's father, which might explain why he offers to help Trevor in Castlevania 3.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand:

More info coming in on Final Fantasy XII: New screens have been taken of some new characters, and judges have finally made an apperance.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0510/game051031e.shtml
ImageImage
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Tempest wrote:More info coming in on Final Fantasy XII: New screens have been taken of some new characters, and judges have finally made an apperance.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0510/game051031e.shtml
Finally? I hope you noticed the first screens of the game to ever be released featured them, and they've been around in trailers for quite some time- admittedly it could be the same early footage used over and over again, I don't remember... :P