General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Seiken Desetsu DS Children of Mana is in the works and looks hot.

It should be released by early next year in Japan. Here are some pics.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You guys know that Hajime no Ippo: All Stars is coming to the US, right? I've played the first game for PS2, and it's the best boxing game I've played. The physics engine is so real. Blows Knockout Kings and Friday Night Fight out of the water. I can't wait to get the new game.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Is it better than fight night? I can say that has to be the best boxing game ive ever played.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Super Punch Out! > All other boxing games. :kekeke:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ayanami wrote:Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! > All other boxing games. :kekeke:
Edited for correctness. :kekeke:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I definitely think it's the best boxing game ever. I mean, it may not look quite as good as Fight Night, but the physics engine is much better. Plus, it's just awesome to use the characters' Sunday Punches, such as Ippo's Demsey Roll, Sendo's Smash, Hayami's Shotgun, etc. Besides, I think it's cooler to play as Ippo, Takamura, or Sendo, instead of real boxers, heh. Oh, and as far as Punch Out goes...don't make me laugh.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

According to The Magic Box, PSM reported that Namco will release Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a launch title for the PS3 in both Japan and America. I haven't played T5 much, but TTT2 would be pretty cool.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Something that could get interesting.
VSDA, ESA File Suit Against Schwarzenegger, AB1179

The video game-related trade bodies the Entertainment Software Association and the Video Software Dealers Association have officially filed a lawsuit against California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger over the recent signing of the AB1179 bill, which requires warning labels to be placed on violent video games, according to an statement from the organization.

AB1179 will go into effect on January 1, 2006, and the VSDA and ESA are seeking to have the law ruled unconstituional before it comes into effect. Other organizations such as the Interactive Entertainment Merchants Association (IEMA) have also protested the passage of the bill, but this is the first formal legal challenge it has faced.

The official name of the suit filed in San Jose is Video Software Dealers Association vs. Schwarzenegger. Under the terms of AB1179, which the ESA and VSDA are challenging, customers purchasing games with the label would be required to show ID; retailers who either did not check for ID or did not show the labels will be liable for a $1,000 fine per infraction.

VSDA president Bo Andersen commented of the suit: "Courts have consistently held that restrictions on videogames because of depictions of violence within the games violate the First Amendment guarantee of freedom of speech. The California law is also unconstitutional because it is so imprecisely drafted that it is impossible to decipher which videogames are covered by its provisions. The law also ignores the existing video game rating system and retailers' programs to enforce those ratings in their stores."

ESA president Douglas Lowenstein added: "We believe this bill will meet the same fate as virtually identical statutes that federal courts have routinely struck down in recent years. It is not up to any industry or the government to set standards for what kids can see or do; that is the role of parents."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

And Quake 4 is here, and its roooocking :twisted:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

I bet it does ://~~

Too bad I got such a silly comp :]. Oh well better play black & white 2 until I can get money to a new pc!

btw im q3 pro so im bound to become a q4 pro! h3h3h.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

LordMune wrote:
Ayanami wrote:Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! > All other boxing games. :kekeke:
Edited for correctness. :kekeke:
had to re quote.

Isit me or did q4 just look bleh??? i dono it just didnt suck me in at all, it looked like a war game... fuck that i want arena mayhem!!

anyone waiting for the online metal gear and KH2??? i soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want those games now!!!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I hear you about KH2, but while MGS3 Subsistence does look interesting, I can't say I'm hyped for it.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

For those people who havent played MGS3 yet Substance might be the way to go. I also would love to play it on the xbox instead of the PS2

The only game I am waiting for on the PS2 is FFXII :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

halfnhalf wrote:Isit me or did q4 just look bleh??? i dono it just didnt suck me in at all, it looked like a war game... fuck that i want arena mayhem!!
Quake 4 isn't much different from Doom 3 and other recent first person shooters as far as I can tell.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
SirAileron
notanewb

Post by SirAileron »

When you stare at 'em long enough, they kinda blend into one game with lots of modes.
If not for the ray of hope, the world would've been consumed in darkness already
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I have to take back my recent statement on that Q4 was awesome.
Its not that good a game at all. Except for the story the game kinda sucked..

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

multiplayer that counts ;).

As far as the difference between q4 and d3 is simply movement speed and so on.

In doom you can hardly move at all while in q4 they gone back to similar like q2/q3 etc with strafe jumps :), which is nice. Fast movement and all ;D.

plus it's more competive, with more room for players than just doom3 that got 4 players max :\.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

four players and PC just doesn't sound legal......

oh and Elder scrolls 4: oblivion was delayed to Dec. 6th or something for Xbox360. Ok I don't want one till the 6th now maybe except for GUN.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:multiplayer that counts ;).

As far as the difference between q4 and d3 is simply movement speed and so on.

In doom you can hardly move at all while in q4 they gone back to similar like q2/q3 etc with strafe jumps :), which is nice. Fast movement and all ;D.

plus it's more competive, with more room for players than just doom3 that got 4 players max :\.
Don't forget another main difference. Quake 4 actually got exterior areas!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I didn't even know such a thing existed, but apparently the swedish mafia is connected to failed portable console Gizmondo.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Random stuff taken from the-magicbox.com:

- Square Enix confirmed that Seiken Densetsu 4 is heading to PlayStation 2, according to Famitsu PS2, but no release date has been set. (Fucking yeah!)

- Nippon Ichi will release the PS2 simulation RPG Makai Senki Disgaea 2 in Japan on February 23, 2006.

- Square Enix has moved up the release date of Dragon Quest VIII for PS2 in US from November 22 to November 15.

- UNCONFIRMED: Famitsu reported two new Capcom PSP titles, one is called Devil May Cry: Dance of Sparda, the other one is a PSP port of Biohazard: Outbreak.

- Capcom will release the PSP version of Street Fighter Zero 3: Double Upper in Japan in January 2006.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Mm DMC finaly a reason to buy PSP other than MGA.

Femto did it say anything about the realese date or year for DMC?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Nope, that was all they posted about it.

MGA can be had really cheap these days, I wonder if I should get one.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

MGA cost as much as before here anyway.

I wanted it so bad but i want more good games first. I dont wanna spend so much money for a console with one good game.

Maybe wait until GTA:LS is out in nov.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Lumines and Wipeout Pure are excellent titles in the system, even if you're not into those specific genres.