General Gaming News Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Looking at the LoI ending it says Mathias(dracula) and the belmonts won't meet again for hundreds of years so they might not need to fill that 300 year gap.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Lament of Innocence could've been better, but I liked it. It had more plot than any other Castlevania before it, that's for sure. I can't wait to get Curse of Darkness. Even if it's a little better than LoI, then that'll be enough for me. I'll probably wait till later to pick it up though, because I'm still enjoying RE4 at the moment.

Oh, and as for Final Fantasy XII, the main character looks like a pansy, and this saddens me. I miss Cloud and Squall.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

someone refresh my memory, is the guy working on ffXII the same one who did vagrant story?

if so, then awesome
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

raziel wrote:someone refresh my memory, is the guy working on ffXII the same one who did vagrant story?

if so, then awesome

+ Original Idea, Scenario Plotting and Supervision
Yasumi Matsuno

Was director, he also was said to work for mistwalker now but i'm too lazy to look that up.

Oh and Squall and Cloud both look like pansys too.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:
Quoted for truth.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Tempest wrote:
Malvado wrote:
Quoted for truth.
Oh, what a bunch of bull. Even if you really think they looked like pansies, they sure didn’t act like it. I suppose there’s a chance that this new guy might be cool, I’m just doubtful. He reminds me of Tidus, who acted like a pansy, in my opinion. Is it asking too much to have a FF main character who's a badass, like Gatts. This new guy has some cool looking gear, but his boyish face and lack of a shirt or chest piece make him look like a homosexual. That’s probably why Malvado is defending him, heh.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

So far the overall scores of CoD are worse than those of LoI.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I liked squall and cloud, both were interesting characters and i thought squall looked really cool with that hair and that scar. Cloud seemed flaky, though, but for obvious reasons i guess.

However, I also like tidus because it was something different and he seemed the most relatable (if thats a word). He was very ordinary and didnt seem badass (which was ok), we can't keep having badass main characters imho. i don't mind tho.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

DarkenRahlX wrote:So far the overall scores of CoD are worse than those of LoI.
You are talking about Call of Duty 2?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Curse of Darkness.

And about the Final Fantasy lead characters... Ever since 7 the main male and female protagonists of the stories ALL look the same. Their facial structures are all the damn same. The only one that looks any different from the rest of them is Squall; and that's only because his hair was brown. Any way, Square has a fetish with making their heros blonde haired and blue eyed, they really make me sick with their lame design for their heroes.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I'm still probably going to get it, and see for myself. Nowadays most reviewers have their heads up their asses. Even my old favorite, GamePro, has almost gone down the crapper. I recall they gave Digital Devil Saga 1 a 4/5, and the only thing I can remember them harping on is that the story and the tone of the game was "very Japanese". I'll make my own descision.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote:
I'm still probably going to get it, and see for myself. Nowadays most reviewers have their heads up their asses. Even my old favorite, GamePro, has almost gone down the crapper. I recall they gave Digital Devil Saga 1 a 4/5, and the only thing I can remember them harping on is that the story and the tone of the game was "very Japanese". I'll make my own descision.
I heard some reviewer gave Blitz a lower score because the story wasn't to deep.....when did football games have stories before this!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Tempest wrote:
I know how you feel. Who can trust critics when you have to worry about stuff like this.
Malvado wrote:I heard some reviewer gave Blitz a lower score because the story wasn't to deep.....when did football games have stories before this!!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

There's a big difference between 1 review like that and then having a core average between a large amount of reviews being low.

This game shouldn't get mediocre ratings. Castlevania should be up there with RE and MGS in terms of ratings.

BTW, been playing the game and it's about as bad if not worse than LoI. Going to take this back later this week. They seriously need to get a new development team for 3D Castlevanias.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Curse of Darkness.

And about the Final Fantasy lead characters... Ever since 7 the main male and female protagonists of the stories ALL look the same. Their facial structures are all the damn same. The only one that looks any different from the rest of them is Squall; and that's only because his hair was brown. Any way, Square has a fetish with making their heros blonde haired and blue eyed, they really make me sick with their lame design for their heroes.
Thats is one of the reason i liked FF8 and not FF7,FF9,FF10.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Actually by looking at art...all the main characters from one and up look like pansys(points to tempest amano sig) unless they are female(6 and 10-2) then they look like prostitutes.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:Actually by looking at art...all the main characters from one and up look like pansys(points to tempest amano sig) unless they are female(6 and 10-2) then they look like prostitutes.
HEY! Edgar is a P.I.M.P, and you know it.

And as far as a hard-ass main character, I think Cecil is as hard-ass as you are going to get. As far as hard-ass regular character, I always thought Shadow from FFVI was pretty hardcore. A ninja who would "slit his momma's throat for a nickel".
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

When i said main i was speaking of the Lead one, character you mainly run around with, one who's journey you're following.

ATLUS ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE OFFICIAL
MAGNA CARTA: TEARS OF BLOOD WEBSITE
Irvine, CA (November 4, 2005) – Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of console role playing games, announced today that the official Magna Carta: Tears of Blood website has gone live at http://www.atlus.com/magna_carta. Magna Carta is a breathtaking RPG for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system from Korean developer, Softmax. The site will feature exclusive screenshots, in-depth gameplay information, developer interviews and wallpaper from the game.
It now comes out the 15th(was 8th) so it counters with Dragon Quest 8. Well I'm getting this instead because I didn't have the money to import this like I did the PC version.
Last edited by Malvado on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:When i said main i was speaking of the Lead one, character you mainly run around with, one who's journey you're following.
Tempest wrote:And as far as a hard-ass main character, I think Cecil is as hard-ass as you are going to get.
Cecil is the main character from FFIV (released as Final Fantasy II in the US for the SNES)
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Top is Cecil(looks like a pansy), bottom is Golbez. my posts are talking about looks not attitudes
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:Image

Top is Cecil(looks like a pansy), bottom is Golbez. my posts are talking about looks not attitudes
Actually, I believe both are Cecil. The bottom is Cecil when he wasa dark knight (The first 1/4 of the game perhaps) and the top is Cecil after he becomes a Paladin.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah i believe you on that, I was just going with what the pic said.

anyway here: Image
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

if you're talking about main characters' looks, then i dont think cloud and squall look like pansies.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No unified internet service! Noooo! Damn you Sony, why must you torture us so. It'll still support the internet in some form though...right?
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Bobby Ologun a Nigerian who is a Japanese T.V. Personality and a 1 time winner in a K-1 fight is starring in the new Power Instinct game.

Bobby Ologun's fame sky rocketed when he trained as a fighter in a T.V. program in Japan. On it he fought Royce Gracie and almost won. Even though he lost he did excetionally well, giving Gracie injuries. Later on he went on to fight in K-1...an amatuer in K-1...and beat his opponent in 3 rounds. He now only works on Japanese T.V. though and is also the mascot for Power Instinct : Bonnou no Kaihou. Well anyway, here is his photo and artwork for the game:

He is the first real life person ever to be in a Japanese fantasy fighter.

Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.