Naruto Dub

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Naruto Dub

Post by Damien »

Anyone catch this? It wasn't that good but it could have been alot worse ex. One piece dub ugh.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, I've heard that One Piece Dub is horrible.

ImageImage
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Rofl. That´s right on the spot Tempest

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Actually, I found the dub to be very good. There is not much you can fuck up by dubbing Naruto- it's already bottom-of-the-barrel stuff, they can't make it that much worse. The voices were quite good, too bad no one gave them a crash course in japanese pronounciation. Sasgay Youchihah, no thanks. I found the way they stealthily m4d censor haxx3d away Iruka's nosebleed and blood-coughing amusing.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I dont care for Narutos voice, but I can get used to it. Konohamaru was annoying as hell, but I suppose it fit. They changed the opening and ending credits, but I am happy they didnt use any shitty rap. The missing nosebleed botherd me, I mean, why the fuck does he have paper in his nose a second later?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

It wasn't that bad though I have to get used to it, was the same with berserk when I saw it in english for the first time.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

At least Viz does half decent dubs, unlike 4kids, I wish Viz got One piece, and Bobobo-bobobo is decent also from at least the first episode that I seen.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

LordMune wrote:Actually, I found the dub to be very good. There is not much you can fuck up by dubbing Naruto- it's already bottom-of-the-barrel stuff
I don't care for Naruto much either, but I wouldn't say they did a "good" job. I dunno how to put it, but Naruto's voice when dubbed lost that rough edge that made him sound more like a fox boy, like someone who could potentially be dangerous. It kinda made me think of the Dubbing for Gutts in Berserk actually, the English guy wasn't terrrible (actually I thought he was bad) but it just detracted from the character.
:wink: