Gats' Inner Demons

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, well...this shit's not just random pal...sorry to say, but it's the truth. You can do better, I know it!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ill be all that i can be *remebers the army comercial*

time to hit the hay
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Geee.... I almost feel bad about puting this thread back on topic.... wait, no I don't!

Anyway, I find the most interesting thing about Gatts' dog deamon is the fact that on the outside Gatts is begining to look more and more like it. Now in the manga he has the diamond of white hair (like the dogs eye) over his dead eye. Not to mention the obvious look changes while he's in the armor of the Berserk... but hell I'm sure no one missed that.

(I'm sure poeple brought this up before... but well, nows a new forum)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

actually most people wouldn't. in the old forum we had a thread on why his hair is partially white and still i don't think we came with tat comparison. nice
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn never ever thought of that but its a wolf isnt it.
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

I thought it was a fox or jackal, since it seemed leaner than a wolf, and with a different head structure.
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I thought it was a wolf because one of the penacles of Gutt's life( and also when he realized that from now on the only person he could count on was himself) was when after he killed Gambino he was confronted by all those wolves and he was about to give up then he went "berserk" and killed a some of them and scared them off
lm
imanewbie

Post by lm »

I thought his inner demon looked more like a fox, which seemed wierd because a fox isn't exactly the most terrifying of animals. Anyway...

I don't think that Guts is starting to look more like his inner demon. He should be around 26 yrs old now so his boyish looks are gone and his face looks more mature, that's all. Not sure if that's what you meant though. Never noticed wether the white patch and closed eye look like his demons eye.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Nah I think the armor just turn their owner into bald people since the Skull Knight was wearing it and now hes bald. I bet gats will lose some hair soon and look just like the Skull Knight. Miura as some weird taste I guess, so bald hero swordsman will be more funny at least.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

Well in one ofthe older chapters gats did sorta turn into the fox or whatever it was. well not really but it did take control of him when he attacked caska so who knows what could happen maybe it'll give him an advantage when fighting giffith if he can learn to control it? but then again i could be talking crazy :?:
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Finito wrote:Nah I think the armor just turn their owner into bald people since the Skull Knight was wearing it and now hes bald. I bet gats will lose some hair soon and look just like the Skull Knight. Miura as some weird taste I guess, so bald hero swordsman will be more funny at least.
to you maybe

its pretty lame to us
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

The main reason I think the white streak is the dog/wolf/jackel's eye is because he first gets the white mark after he wears the armor of the berserk for the first time. The fact that its a diamond shape, like dogs eye and that its right above his dead eye make this hypothesis very possible in my own opinion.

As for the he just getting older thing... sure, I'd buy that, if he hadden obtained the white hair in under 30 minutes.

Another this maybe related, maybe not. When exactly did Gatts get those little scars all over his face? Was it when he faught the God Hand Woman (forget her name)? Or was it some other time?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Sometimes white hair like that can come from stress.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Here, let me clear a couple of things up for you guys.

First all, the white lock of hair is from the extreme amount of stress that the Berserker Armor placed upon Gatts the first time he used it.

Also, Gatts is only 21, 22 at the oldest. I know he looks older, but he’s not. I’ve already explained this before, and believe me, I’m right. If I must, I’ll explain it again.

Now, with that out of the way, I’ll just make a couple of random comments. Did you guys ever stop to think that Gatts’ inner demon isn’t even a real creature? I mean look at it; it’s not a wolf or a fox. It’s just like some kind of abstract hellhound or something.

Finally, I don’t really think the white lock of hair has anything to do with him looking more like the hellhound. It’s just a white lock of hair, in my opinion.
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

that's it Starnum
Guts is way too young to be getting white hair naturally
Guts inner demons are as any as one have, i mean everyone has some sort of demons right. his is just a little more visible because he let it out in the fights
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You would think that people with inner demons would keep all there anger restrained and not let it out.. Guess that doesnt apply to Gutts.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

we just have to thank that he doesn't restrain himself
Get bitten by me
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Buzkashi wrote:You would think that people with inner demons would keep all there anger restrained and not let it out.. Guess that doesnt apply to Gutts.
Restraining ones inner demons can still cause stress and led to white hair. I should know
ImageImage
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

you say that from experience??
Get bitten by me
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

yeh, new yorkers have a ton of anger in them, and if one tries to hold in their anger...BAM! a white hair...

i guess...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

dos.azn wrote:yeh, new yorkers have a ton of anger in them, and if one tries to hold in their anger...BAM! a white hair...

i guess...
LOL :lol:

So you can tell how angry a person is by the hair.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Starnum you seem to have looked into this, how old do you say Gats was when he joined the Hawks? I saw a timeline of this once, but I can't remember where.

Now I believed it was around like this:

Gats joins the hawks around 16, the golden age and Griffith's imprisonment could easily encompass 3-4 years, and I distinctly remember there was even a year or more skip after the eclipse during Gats beginning to go around as the black swordsman, before finding Casca again at the tower. I'd put Gats in his early 20s, but rather approaching 25. Now the life he leads will have taken its toll, so he naturally looks older, because right now he does look like he's past 30, even without the white hair.

And that has nothing to do with the inner demon, it was quite apparent it's the berserker armour that caused it. Well, of course the armour released the demon, sort of, but it was the physical toll of being half eaten up by the armour that got him the white hair.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Brainpiercing wrote:Starnum you seem to have looked into this, how old do you say Gats was when he joined the Hawks? I saw a timeline of this once, but I can't remember where.

Now I believed it was around like this:

Gats joins the hawks around 16, the golden age and Griffith's imprisonment could easily encompass 3-4 years, and I distinctly remember there was even a year or more skip after the eclipse during Gats beginning to go around as the black swordsman, before finding Casca again at the tower. I'd put Gats in his early 20s, but rather approaching 25. Now the life he leads will have taken its toll, so he naturally looks older, because right now he does look like he's past 30, even without the white hair.
starnum made a timeline in the old forum, and it was pretty efficient, forgot how it went tho
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

I think all the little scars that showed up in guts face recently are because miura wants to show his weakened condition. a life of battle leaves its marks. also him looking older than calculated may also be result of that.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

||||||| wrote:I think all the little scars that showed up in guts face recently are because miura wants to show his weakened condition. a life of battle leaves its marks. also him looking older than calculated may also be result of that.
Indeed. It's like living a life in prison, one actually looks older when they get out of the joint...His little scars show the countless battles and struggles he had faced in his life, although they weren't as noticable before he wore the armour, they may have been obtained from fighting slan, or wearing the armour sucked out his 'lifeforce' if you will, from the tremendous stress and the reattachment of the bones that were broken.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am