Gats' Inner Demons

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

err sorry if my english is shitty or so but that is not what i meant, i said it could be something that symbolized gambinos dog (not actually being that dog or that the spirit slipped in to his 'open wound' =pPpp) but hey whatever!

And I just thought this way because i recall at some point when gattsu was dreaming or whatever, when gattsu was in danger and he asked gambino for his help but the only thing gambino cared for was cuddling with that dog :p
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Whispers* Dos was simply making a bad joke my friend. ;)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I personally don't see anything wrong with the idea that Guts wants to personify himself as Gambino's dog. Considering that Gabino is the only thing resembling a father in Gut's life, it is fitting that Guts develops the way he does. It does help to explain his dreams and bestial inner demon.

This is too abstract to be put into the FAQ, but I still think it is interesting.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, I guess I can agree that it's at least an interesting idea. :P
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Starnum wrote:*Whispers* Dos was simply making a bad joke my friend. ;)
yeh i think i made that clear in the sentence right before....
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

It isn't really a specific canine, though I think both theories are correct, in that Gatts' demon's manifest shape is partially because of Gambino but more importantly I think because of Gats encoutner with the wolves. Gats was at his lowest point in his life (at that time) and was basically ready to die, both physically and mentally. But, instead of lying down and letting go his own burning desire to live transcended his situation and made his little mind go snap for the first time, making him go "berserk" and fight beyond mental or physical limitations. I don't doubt that'd be a damn signifigant moment in his life. And he realllly seemed to enjoy that time with Farnesse when the demons took over the wolves (or were they wild dogs? Not sure of that...). I don't think the white hair is supposed to be like the demons eye though. Gats also looks a lot thinner and more scarred now, It hink it's meant to emphasize how close he came that time. without the faires and the armor he'd have been dead already. The armor, ironically with the way it holds bones back in place, will at least keep him from getting crippled, though that might not help if it makes him bleed to death in the process.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think those were just wild dogs.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Either way, he sure does love killing them canines
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I said i thought it was a wolf like 5 times...... :| and i answered why too
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, we were talking about the wild dogs that Gatts and Farnese encountered that one time when she tried to hump his sword. You know, the freaky ones that got possessed. If you're talking about Gatts' inner demon, than I assure you it's not a wolf. You see, it's head is to long, and it's eyes are unlike any creature I've ever seen. It's also too small to be a wolf, when it's in its natural form. It's just an abstract part of Gatts' psyche that resembles some kind of canine...can we move on all ready?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

*slaps head* I thought that fool was talking bout his inner demon being a wolf. So since I had stated that a lot and got proven wrong almost everytime . I just thought to add something in. You know?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Ghostviper04
imanewbie

Post by Ghostviper04 »

IMO the Gatts-going-berserk-in-his-pointy-black-armour is slowly getting old. It was cool the first time, and understandable the second time, but I think the coolness has started to wear off. Input his son into the equation and in true anime style, Gatts somehow reconciles with his kid and can sort of put a cap on his Berserking.

I mean, he alluded to the white figure - the one who calmed him during his second armour-aided-killing spree - as his son, so I'd say that when it's all said and done (I think that his son is going to be the difference between the Skull Knight's outcome and his) his Inner Demons finally come to rest as he learns to be a father.

But I'm probably very wrong and demented, hopefully some of this makes sense.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Did I miss something? Whos Gutts's son?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

mystery kid

at least that's who is meant by that post I guess
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Gutts's child with Caska is Grifith isnt it? Did not grifith use that baby as his host for getting back into the human world?
hubrisnxs
imanewbie

Post by hubrisnxs »

Yes, he did use their child for his new body. But the "mysterious child" that helped Guts does hold uncanny physical attributes to both of them, which is probably where the idea came from. Who knows who or what it really is though...
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

I doubt Griffith spit out the part of him that was Gatts and Caska's baby. I mean, what is he, Naraku now?
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

and here we go again with the explainning of the "Mysterious kid"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

awww we're back at the "mysterious kid" again???
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

It actually looks more like a fox, but the canine thing might also come from the fact that he acted as and was described (by Casca) as a "mad dog" during his warring days with the Hawks in addition to the fight with the wolves from his childhood.

And the mysterious kid? IT IS WITHOUT MAJOR DOUBT that he is the offspring of Guts and Casca - leaving the real mystery as: how did he get there (since he was used as a temporal body or something for Femto)?
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I think the questions is; when did he he split from Griffith? Cause I believe he was apart of him when Gatts fought Zodd on sword hill.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, so it seemed. Hopefully Miura will explain it to us later.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

he's not one for leaving loose ends, so I have no doubt he'll explain it at some point.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, I'm not too sure about the child being Guts and Casca's son. At first I thought it had something do to with Elfhelm. But I think for sure that he's gonna make a return just before the gang reaches Elfhelm.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Definately Guts and Casca's child. Mainly because you see casca's draw to hte child as she always was drawn to her own child. And it went to Guts as well. Also he stopped Guts from attacking the rest of the group, which included casca when he was berserk. He is powerful as we have seen.

Also I agree wiht you Gaiseric, about when he split from griffith, because he was part of griffith at the sword hill. Casca was drawn to him through the pain.