Hunter X Hunter

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats was a "pun" by me inspired by HNI,they always make bad puns.

The king is old man and also Danchou would be great against cause he can steal thier skills after he kills them.

He is the leader of group with Hisoka so he is atleast as strong as prez.

Also I know Danchou wont appear but still.

Im sick of the king playing the game all the time,we have more chapter where he plays the stupid game than seeing the story progress.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Ichimaru
imanewbie

Post by Ichimaru »

I wouldn't mind the games with the King if each chapter didn't take so long to come out. I think if I went back and read each chapter after this arc is over, I wouldn't be too annoyed at the sidetracking of the game. It's just the long wait between each release that seems to drag it out and make it unbearable.
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

Ohhh.. Now I get what you meant. Got a wee bit confused.

I like it when the king is playing that stupid game, it makes me wonder what he'll do with the girl(how old is she, anyway?)..
Everything that is right is wrong, and everything that is wrong is right.
And I am always right.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

I didn't think this thread would still be alive...

I for one like the chess-games. It's a nice bit of character development that gives the king a more rounded personality. Though he is arrogant like a prince might be, he still has pride in the sense that he won't cheat to win. More accurately it's below him to.

Gun-gi girl isn't a hunter.

What I'm wondering about the future chapters are how will the chess games tie into the attack on their base. Will elements other then strength prevent the Hunters from killing the King?

Blah, blah, blah...
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gun-gi can be Bisque her face is similer alittle so it can be her playing a retarted gun-gi player.

I dont even care about how they take down the ants, i just wanna see some nen action again and finish this arc for once.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

Libaax wrote:Gun-gi can be Bisque her face is similer alittle so it can be her playing a retarted gun-gi player.
I don't think so. The ants'd noticed that powerful En(or was it Nen?) by now.
And I am always right.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nen ;)

She could be hiding it if she was as strong as we think.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

She uses her creams to give her that youthful appearance? Then it's a by-product of Nen.

She isn't Bisque.
Ruuppa
Mastered PM

Post by Ruuppa »

But how OLD is she?

And is that snot coming out of her nose?
And I am always right.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

58 years old.

Yes, that is snot.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Btw how many chapters does exists? I got 256 but it doesn't seem like theres been any updates for like 2 months at where I usually grab it.

Or perhaps they haven't been able to, since 257 doesn't exist yet? ;p
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It's been so long since the mangaka has released a chapter that I don't remember.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

it's said that the mangaka is very sick.. :cry:
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Yeah ive heard about that as well. However since he was releasing very nicely for almost the whole autumn I thought he was pretty ok.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
vermon
imanewbie

Post by vermon »

just wondering where can i get this manga? thanks :D KA KA KA
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

google is always a good start. i put in a search for it and within the first few results is what you seek
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Anyone read up to chap 260? The mission is finaly starting.

I want some Nen action now and it better be great fights to make it worth the wait.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

I wish i could yell in this motha fuckas ear that he needs assistants. He can put out some great stuff, although i think this whole "let's start the mission business" was too long. I hope he decides to work consistently from now on. I just dont understand why he isnt held to the same standards that other jump mangaka are held to. Why does he get to put out shitty artwork (it does get much better for the tankouban releases) while other guys put out some great quality artwork like naruto, bleach, onepiece, death note, etc
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats cause unlike them he has had a big manga hit before HXH so he has more power. He made Yu Yu Hakusho.

When he was at his best at hunter exam arch and the spider arc and greed island arc this manga was the best shonen i have read by far. Thats why its sad to see how bad this arch has been so far. I cant even remember the latest good fight and a chapter where the king didnt play chess.......
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Libaax wrote:Thats cause unlike them he has had a big manga hit before HXH so he has more power. He made Yu Yu Hakusho.
still such bullshit. The art level should have some minimum that all manga has to meet like backgrounds where they belong and completely (at least to the eye) straight or curved lines when there should be straight or curved lines etc
Lucifiel
imanewbie

Post by Lucifiel »

*sighs*

The art is going downhill and there haven't been any new chapters for months. I really wonder what the hell happened to the mangaka.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I really wonder how he feels about this manga,i mean he dont seem to care for it.

Artwise is more crappier than ever and the great characters like Hisoka,Kurapica,Leorio hasnt appeared in years....
Lucifiel
imanewbie

Post by Lucifiel »

Well, we all knew that Leorio was going to be a side character and now, the focus has shifted onto erm, Killua and Gon. I think the crappy artwork is 'cos he's too sick to draw but at the same time, the publishers were not going to let him rest.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Lucifiel wrote:Well, we all knew that Leorio was going to be a side character and now, the focus has shifted onto erm, Killua and Gon. I think the crappy artwork is 'cos he's too sick to draw but at the same time, the publishers were not going to let him rest.
bullshit, the art has always been that way(or for a while at least). He just changes it for the tank releases. If he has been sick for the better part of two years, then maybe it is time to stop thinking about manga and start thinking of getting treatments and living. I doubt that it is a sickness because he refuses to take assistants, which would allieviate the self-inflicted stress that is probably causing any and all sickness
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It's probably why he is having these extended vacations.

The art has had an improvement compared to the previous chapters. Not that it can compare to the Greed Arc, or the chapters before it. However, I can't really complain about the content; the climax is about to begin.
N3oShweaty wrote:Why does he get to put out shitty artwork (it does get much better for the tankouban releases) while other guys put out some great quality artwork like naruto, bleach, onepiece, death note, etc
Because people still read them regardless of the art quality. He's done very well with the manga overall. The pallette of characters he's developed and their interactions with each other have been pretty interesting to follow.

In the end, it's his story; he can do whatever he wants with it regardless of whether it pleases or displeases us. (As shown with the latest Naruto Arc, the quality of the art is top notch, but the character and plot development has been depressing.) Though some of the people maybe turned off by the etch-a-sketch drawings he's put out, no one can hope to satisfy everyone's standards.